"We at BlackBerry... BlackBerry has built our reputation..."

Is that proper English?

Posted via CB10
    Does it really matter? At least they aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their arshes like in the past. Maybe they are starting to grow a pair and put themselves out there where people can see and hear there still alive. Is that proper English?
    09-30-15 05:20 PM
    Sure... but you don't want to look like a buffoon while trying to make fun of the most successful kid in class.
    09-30-15 05:37 PM
    I honestly think they are trying to shoot themselves again and fail. This device was absolutely a hot potato a few weeks ago and the leaks were getting so much hype. Then the name "Priv" dropped and it has the worst reception possible. Then they officially announce and Chen fumbles its debut. The website is head scratching amateurish IMO. I swear is a comedy or errors on what could be a hit like no one imagined with the phone....if they don't trip on their own feet.
    09-30-15 05:42 PM
    I honestly think they are trying to shoot themselves again and fail. This device was absolutely a hot potato a few weeks ago and the leaks were getting so much hype. Then the name "Priv" dropped and it has the worst reception possible. Then they officially announce and Chen fumbles its debut. The website is head scratching amateurish IMO. I swear is a comedy or errors on what could be a hit like no one imagined with the phone....if they don't trip on their own feet.
    I could not agree more
    09-30-15 05:46 PM
    Why can't they ever get it right?? They need to hire a proper marketing department. The graphics on their site looks like something you can do on Paint.

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity and techvisor like this.
    09-30-15 05:47 PM
    I honestly think they are trying to shot themselves again and fail. This device was absolutely a hot potato a week ago and the leaks were getting so much hype. Then the name "Priv" dropped and it has the worst reception possible. Then they officially announce and Chen fumbles its debut. The website is head scratching amateurish IMO. I swear is a comedy or errors on what could be a hit like no one imagined with the phone....if they don't trip on their own feet.
    The name sucks, personally I think the having a device running Android sucks but laying down and die isn't the answer.. as for Chen fumbling the device, it new to him and us and there is a learning curve. Yes he should have spent a little time with the device. But we are all human.
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-30-15 05:50 PM

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    09-30-15 05:50 PM
    Does it really matter? At least they aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their arshes like in the past. Maybe they are starting to grow a pair and put themselves out there where people can see and hear there still alive. Is that proper English?
    Arses doesn't have an "h"
    DJM626 and techvisor like this.
    09-30-15 05:57 PM
    I am interested in smart phones and more specifically BlackBerry not getting into an English lesson whether it be a true British version, Cdn version, American version, Australia version or what ever. There are many different ways as you know to market a product. People will never agree which one is the best as there are many factors that enter into the discussion. Some will succeed and others will fail. I hope BlackBerry will succeed and like it or not Chen has done a credible job. We may not agree with some of his decisions or roads he follows but that is what he is paid to do make decisions. Now let's get on with the topic, the Priv, the good, the bad and the ugly!!

Posted via CB10
    Benjamin Black likes this.
    09-30-15 06:08 PM
    Some will succeed and others will fail.
    Wouldn't you say a big predictor of success is the ability to learn from prior mistakes and not repeat them?

For a very long time BB has had this very strange, misguided and misplaced sense of superiority. It's not been a good feature of their culture. Wouldn't they be more successful if they fixed that?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    09-30-15 06:12 PM
    Not that I was going to get into a grammar discussion or anything, but I think the first line is missing some commas. Should be "We, at BlackBerry, are...". I don't think the second sentence is correct. Shouldn't it be "Blackberry has built its reputation..."? The way it is now seems to imply that BlackBerry has spent the last 20 years building someone else's reputation.

On another note, love to see BlackBerry taking some shots. It's about time!
    Well, since this in fact is a grammar discussion, it's OK. We're not criticizing each other!

You are 100% correct about "its" instead of "our.". That's a horrible mistake that I missed reading quickly.

I don't think commas are correct for "at Blackberry" precisely because "at Blackberry" is required to identify to whom "we" refer. It's not parenthetical, so commas aren't needed.

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-30-15 06:23 PM
    Arses doesn't have an "h"
    Neither does the word I wanted to write but couldn't!
    anon4226395 likes this.
    09-30-15 06:26 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-30-15 06:36 PM
    BlackBerry: Securing your information by making it ridiculously hard to sync it with anything.

I'm waiting to see how they plan on safeguarding your stuff from Google when you add your Google account to the device and sync contacts.

Oh - and securing Android? Perhaps fix the runtime on BB10 so I can choose which permissions I have to give Android apps.
    techvisor and heepman like this.
    09-30-15 06:39 PM
    Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-30-15 06:40 PM
    Good findings OP. I always thought BlackBerry had been way too nice to compete in global market. Too nice to the competitors and too nice to the guys who screwed up over and over again internally. Now Chen did bring some change to that, like the fact check portal, the law suits against the keyboard copier and some newspaper, the jokes on the other fruit company and this. I agree that's a step in the right direction.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 06:50 PM
    I'm reasonably certain that this is supposed to be a parody of Apple's 'Welcome IBM' ad in the Wall Street Journal on 24 August 1981, in which they took a shot on the then-giant of computing solutions. My reason for thinking this? Look at the address for the page:

'http://us.blackberry.com/campaigns/priv-wsj.html'

The issue with this isn't that they took a shot at Apple, which certainly doesn't have anything to prove to BlackBerry, but because, somewhat stereotypically, the pointedness of what could've been a brilliant ad (disregarding the terrible art, which is a whole other discussion) is buried in Canadian politeness. If they're going to bother to poke fun, they need to do so with both barrels. That said, it's probably not the best idea until BlackDroid security has been proven in the wild. Such an ad has all of the makings of a legendary last-laugh debacle.
    09-30-15 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry takes shot at Apple on Priv website update-shouldhavewaited.jpg
    Anybody remember this right after iPad 2 launched?
    It still gives me nightmares to this day.
    09-30-15 06:53 PM
    Not a great idea to mess with a sleeping giant. All Apple has to say to return the favor is.... "Gee we sold 13 million Iphones last weekend. Oh how many BB10s did you sell LAST QUARTER?? Hmmm.. oh 800,000 units. Yea, way to go girlfriend".
    MO3iusONE, MikeX74 and techvisor like this.
    09-30-15 07:34 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-30-15 07:42 PM
    Not only that, iMessage security is greater than BBM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    09-30-15 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry: Securing your information by making it ridiculously hard to sync it with anything.

I'm waiting to see how they plan on safeguarding your stuff from Google when you add your Google account to the device and sync contacts.

Oh - and securing Android? Perhaps fix the runtime on BB10 so I can choose which permissions I have to give Android apps.
    Somehow and I think a lot may tend to agree I think the surrendering oneself to google is going to be unavoidable. The security BB might be referring to is the contents of what is on the phone might be harder if not impossilbe to hack, but google will probably be google and still be able to use your photos at their leisure among other things. The security probably isn't the security we are thinking and we would all love to have. Maybe it will be someday, but I actually don't think just yet.

Building a secure android may be one thing, but securing it from Google? Not gonna happen. IF it does, I would like to see who and how that magical feat was pulled off
    Last edited by DJM626; 09-30-15 at 08:17 PM.
    thinkinfinity and techvisor like this.
    09-30-15 08:02 PM
    That Priv logo font is straight out of 2003. It's really awful. I hope that's not the final marketing version.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    09-30-15 08:19 PM
    I love it. It's like what Samsung did to Apple. SHOTS FIRED

Posted via CB10
    Heath Coggan likes this.
    09-30-15 09:00 PM
    Totally agree. Everything they have positively done has been bizarre.

They were much better off just letting Evan (evleaks) and Mark (youtube video) introduce the device to the world in a more underground type way... and then just have an official release a week before shipping saying:

go here, give us your money, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-30-15 09:07 PM
114 1234 ...