He already hinted so many things that didn't occur that either many of his sources are completely unreliable or he just makes ups lots of the stuff he is posting.
    09-05-15 08:20 AM
    Just don't slide it up and use vkb instead. EZ

Posted via CB10
    Still looks bulky and lumberjack like. It's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    09-05-15 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    No one's forcing you to buy it. There's always the Passport, or the iPhone, or Samsung, or 4324796872346 other phones out there.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-05-15 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Looks are subjective, if it doesn't satisfy your needs pass on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 10:28 AM
    Now, since I had to find out that BlackBerry is not exhibiting at IFA Berlin at all, can we now still believe him?
    That could easily be explained if this was a preliminary plan months ago. Word of that would have been passed on through the organization. If anything at all comes up to delay the project, as Chen alluded to when he said "...more complex then people think" then that wouldn't necessarily be passed down all the way to us here on this thread. The guy wasn't claiming to be Nostradamus predicting the future. He was just passing on what he heard.
    09-05-15 02:25 PM
    Looks are subjective, if it doesn't satisfy your needs pass on it.

Posted via CB10
    I agree! Will definitely be passing on this brick.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:30 PM
    No one's forcing you to buy it. There's always the Passport, or the iPhone, or Samsung, or 4324796872346 other phones out there.
    Will most likely go with a Z30 or the S6.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:31 PM
    Will most likely go with a Z30 or the S6.

Posted via CB10
    Gf has the S6 and it does not impress me. Hope you go the way of the Z. ;-) the 30 is the best candy bar BlackBerry has to offer, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:43 PM
    Gf has the S6 and it does not impress me. Hope you go the way of the Z. ;-) the 30 is the best candy bar BlackBerry has to offer, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    I'm 90% leaning towards the Z30. I agree.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 10:39 PM
    I'm 90% leaning towards the Z30. I agree.

Posted via CB10
    curious, in what case would the S6 be more of a choice for you over the Z30?
    09-05-15 10:54 PM
    curious, in what case would the S6 be more of a choice for you over the Z30?
    If BlackBerry goes Android as rumored and abandons BlackBerry 10 OS without any further updates. S6 hardware specs are better than Z30 also.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:53 PM
    If BlackBerry goes Android as rumored and abandons BlackBerry 10 OS without any further updates. S6 hardware specs are better than Z30 also.

Posted via CB10
    'tis true. All depends on what you need. I cannot look towards android no matter how they suit it up. Specs are nice but I also love efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:58 PM
    'tis true. All depends on what you need. I cannot look towards android no matter how they suit it up. Specs are nice but I also love efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    I love the Hub, Peek, and Multitasking of BlackBerry, however BlackBerry is always a day late and a dollar short on hardware specs. If the Z10 and Z30 had some killer specs to begin with, I truly think sales would have been somewhat better of these two devices. However, if BB10 is not going to be supported by BlackBerry going forward, then why should any consumer be expected to continue to support a dying OS?

Efficiency? Define efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:12 AM
    I think he means OS efficiency. Not only in terms of efficient, intuitive operation, but how fast it operates across all devices.

I get zero lag in the OS on both the Q10 and Classic.

I can get to any application I want to very quickly and with minimal movement. I can navigate the device with simple flicks of my thumb. Android and IOS are cumbersome in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 08:21 AM
    [WARN] Let's keep it civil, guys. Discuss or debate the topic, NOT the poster![/WARN]
    extisis likes this.
    09-06-15 09:21 AM

I get zero lag in the OS on both the Q10 and Classic.
    This is not my experience with BB10. I love the OS itself, but the specs don't let it run properly. On both the Z10 and Z30, I often wait 3 or 4 seconds for something to happen after I make a gesture. e.g., I scroll to the hub and wait looking at a half blank page until it loads, or I have apps crash because there isn't enough RAM to run them even if I only have one or two open.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:39 AM
    This is not my experience with BB10. I love the OS itself, but the specs don't let it run properly. On both the Z10 and Z30, I often wait 3 or 4 seconds for something to happen after I make a gesture. e.g., I scroll to the hub and wait looking at a half blank page until it loads, or I have apps crash because there isn't enough RAM to run them even if I only have one or two open.

Posted via CB10
    Should've bought a q10 lol. Seriously though it seems like some have no issues and some have a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 11:14 AM
    I love the Hub, Peek, and Multitasking of BlackBerry, however BlackBerry is always a day late and a dollar short on hardware specs. If the Z10 and Z30 had some killer specs to begin with, I truly think sales would have been somewhat better of these two devices. However, if BB10 is not going to be supported by BlackBerry going forward, then why should any consumer be expected to continue to support a dying OS?

Efficiency? Define efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    i'll quote you: "Hub, Peek, and Multitasking of BlackBerry"- is just a slice of BB10 efficiency. Sure nicer specs would have been nice, but my Z30 zips through everything so i'm not yearning for higher specs but of course on my next phone yes. Who know what that will be...
    09-06-15 11:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    i expect it from a Z10 not a Z30 though. I've had my Z30 for several months, been using it hardcore and still get great battery life and no slow downs like i did with my Z10. I'll have 5-7 apps on the Z30 open and it still zips. Good question for you though, is it native apps that slow down and crash on your phones or is it android ports? IF you use more android apps than anything- then that is your Achilles heel.. no matter what BB10 phone you use... ok maybe not the PP but i could be wrong.
    09-06-15 11:55 AM
    Should've bought a q10 lol. Seriously though it seems like some have no issues and some have a lot.

Posted via CB10
    In my case there are two things that restore snappy performance:

1) A clean - destructive - OS install every few months; worked well on both my Q10 and my Z30.

2) A full reboot every few days.. I have noticed a memory leak issue with the hub where after about a week, it's using so much RAM that the browser and other apps keep closing.

YMMV, but these things work well for me.

Z30 STA100-5 -- 10.3.2.2168 <-- Hub Memory Leak bug.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    09-06-15 12:21 PM
    Reminds me of one of my favorite devices, the Dell Venue Pro. The keyboard on that was outstanding, I have to think this will match.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-06-15 12:38 PM
    Reminds me of one of my favorite devices, the Dell Venue Pro. The keyboard on that was outstanding, I have to think this will match.

Posted via CB10
    the pkb looks very reminiscent of the upcoming slider's....

BlackBerry slider spotted!!-dsc_0002.jpg
    09-06-15 12:48 PM
    i'll quote you: "Hub, Peek, and Multitasking of BlackBerry"- is just a slice of BB10 efficiency. Sure nicer specs would have been nice, but my Z30 zips through everything so i'm not yearning for higher specs but of course on my next phone yes. Who know what that will be...
    Yes Hub, Peek, and Multitasking do indeed make it a more fluid, "efficient" experience for the user. In terms of efficiency for battery life and needing lower hardware specs because of the QNX Kernel, I just don't see it, hence the reason why I said, "Define efficiency.".

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:36 PM
    I get great battery life on my Q10 and Classic, so I don't understand your point of view..

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:45 PM
    i would like to have a infa red transmitter on the back next to the camera. It can be used as a remote and night vision camera.

Posted via cb10
    +1

 cb10 - q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    09-06-15 06:05 PM
273 ... 891011