368804[/ATTACH]
    I wonder if these pictures are those of a genuine BlackBerry engineering sample device (NOT FOR SALE device) or those of a fake copycat device assembled and sold in China (running Android OS).

http://world.taobao.com/item/521665411172.htm

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:02 AM
    So...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, wait 2 months and you can purchase for around $649 IMO it's not worth the "exclusivity" if it is a legit advert.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:29 AM
    Yeah, wait 2 months and you can purchase for around $649 IMO it's not worth the "exclusivity" if it is a legit advert.

Posted via CB10
    Or purchase now and be the first to have it

From my Jamaican Passport
    09-03-15 06:46 PM
    Why don't somebody in Toronto meet with him. Try it it out in person and then say nah.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:16 PM
    Or purchase now and be the first to have it

From my Jamaican Passport
    not really. there's dev protos out there. this is probably one of them.
    Why don't somebody in Toronto meet with him. Try it it out in person and then say nah.

Posted via CB10
    Looks thick, that being said if there are any blackberry employee's reading this, I will volunteer myself to test out the phone to see if the thickness is an issue. I can beta test it for you
    09-03-15 07:24 PM
    I'll be there are some alarm bells going off at BlackBerry right now. To the seller, you should open up this thread on the browser of the device and then take a photo. Kind of a proof-of-life thing like putting a newspaper in front of your hostage. And then I would at least double your price. I seem to recall in the webOS days there was someone who paid something like $7000 for a Touchpad that ran an Android emulator.
    pett97 likes this.
    09-03-15 07:41 PM
    I see that someone who lives in Toronto and would love to have the first Slider has already sent him a PM.
    09-03-15 07:57 PM
    Blackberry didn't respond on Twitter, does anybody know if BlackBerry is exhibiting at IFA Berlin at all? If so we should see some announcements today.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 04:42 AM
    Blackberry didn't respond on Twitter, does anybody know if BlackBerry is exhibiting at IFA Berlin at all? If so we should see some announcements today.

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it, as much as I'm doubting Chen's abilities. He should jump on the gun and reveal this thing before we see SD850 phones with 8GB of ram and 32MP cameras become a thing. BlackBerry has always had a horrible delay bringing phones to market with outdated specs.

Either this or the Z5 Premium... whoever launches first gets my money. I'm done supporting a company that has their heads so far up their asses that they have no idea wtf they're doing. The BlackBerry Classic was revealed June 2014 and released December 2014 for eff sake. 6 months?! shm... this company is digging itself a grave, and I never thought I'd say it.
    09-04-15 05:57 AM
    Doubt it, as much as I'm doubting Chen's abilities. He should jump on the gun and reveal this thing before we see SD850 phones with 8GB of ram and 32MP cameras become a thing. BlackBerry has always had a horrible delay bringing phones to market with outdated specs.

Either this or the Z5 Premium... whoever launches first gets my money. I'm done supporting a company that has their heads so far up their asses that they have no idea wtf they're doing. The BlackBerry Classic was revealed June 2014 and released December 2014 for eff sake. 6 months?! shm... this company is digging itself a grave, and I never thought I'd say it.
    1: Optimize Software to Proven Hardware and take a couple of months.
    2: Slap on the latest specs and release immediately hoping the specs will make up for the lack of optimization.

Android usually goes with option 2.

Apple and BB don't, and I like that (Minus the Apple)
    09-04-15 06:09 AM
    I'm the bvyer

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.26xx
    09-04-15 06:15 AM
    I'm the bvyer

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.26xx
    of the venice that was in the buy sell trade forum?
    09-04-15 08:45 AM

I tend to agree with you, they need to get the slider to market ASAP and stop dragging their feet like they have done on previous product launches.

I am sitting here with cash in hand waiting for the Android slider to come to market, but knowing how Blackberry works, it will be late getting to the market and everyone will have already bought the new Samsung Galaxy series or Apple devices.

I really wish the folks up there in Waterloo would get a product to market in a timely manner and with some advertising to kick it off, but who am I, just a long time user here in the USA who feels we have been abandoned by the company we stayed loyal to.
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-04-15 09:33 AM
    Don't want to interrupt your discussion but unfortunately my simple little question has not been answered.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 10:09 AM
    BlackBerry is not listed as an exhibitor at the IFA and does not appear to have any official status there.
    09-04-15 01:32 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:43 PM
    I am sitting here with cash in hand waiting for the Android slider to come to market, but knowing how Blackberry works, it will be late getting to the market and everyone will have already bought the new Samsung Galaxy series or Apple devices.
    On point.
    09-04-15 04:17 PM
    Do you guys remember the first reddit user who said the Slider is running Android and it will be announced at IFA Berlin?

Now, since I had to find out that BlackBerry is not exhibiting at IFA Berlin at all, can we now still believe him?

He also claimed that it would be some kind of Nexus device for Android at Work and will be released with Android Marshmallow.

Are all of these statements a lie now we know BlackBerry is not present at IFA?

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-05-15 05:36 AM
    The slider looks so ugly, bulky, and cumbersome that I wish all this would just go away. We need a high end, all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and vanrickman like this.
    09-05-15 06:18 AM
    The slider looks so ugly, bulky, and cumbersome that I wish all this would just go away. We need a high end, all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Just don't slide it up and use vkb instead. EZ

Posted via CB10
    ryanza and bigjman like this.
    09-05-15 07:16 AM
    For me, if it is only android it is an absolute no....

So I can understand the people who says that they won't take it if it is android, cause I would do the same

By the way, this is a worrying that they go on this choice.

Posted via a BlackBerry Z30
    09-05-15 07:33 AM
    Didnt Dylan H also hint it'll be revealed at the IFA?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:42 AM
    Didnt Dylan H also hint it'll be revealed at the IFA?

Posted via CB10
    Things are always subject to change due to unforeseen issues.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-05-15 08:13 AM
273 ... 7891011