Wonder what would be the "ifixit" rating on this phone, hope it has a similar internal build style to the BlackBerry Z30 though I doubt it:/

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 04:02 AM
    ok? the pictures speak for themselves. i'm just narrating.
    But the slider is not thick. Its like 9.7mm.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-31-15 06:04 AM
    My only concern at this time is going back to an amoled screen. I moved from the Z30 to the passport so I could see the phone screen in daylight conditions.
    08-31-15 06:14 AM
    My only concern at this time is going back to an amoled screen. I moved from the Z30 to the passport so I could see the phone screen in daylight conditions.
    I agree. I love being able to see my Passport screen in full daylight even though the screen is at full dim (oxymoron?).

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-31-15 06:21 AM
    "This phone looks way too thick". *Typed on my iphone 6 or Galaxy 6 with an otterbox case.*

I just find it funny when people complain about the thickness of a phone (on a slider by the way), when nearly all of us slap a case on a phone anyways.
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    08-31-15 06:41 AM
    "This phone looks way too thick". *Typed on my iphone 6 or Galaxy 6 with an otterbox case.*

I just find it funny when people complain about the thickness of a phone (on a slider by the way), when nearly all of us slap a case on a phone anyways.
    I also said it looks thick. It looks...
    What i mean is that a phone can be thick but does not look like that.
    Like my passport...it doesn't look thick but if you compare it to some other phones, it is.

So i don't care if my phone is a bit thicker, as long as it looks sleek...
    In this case, the slider doesn't...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:48 AM

Yeah because there's been so many flagship sliders released in the last 5 years. So yeah, people will complain. Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal likes this.
    08-31-15 09:23 AM
    PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU DID THAT!!! ... I would LOVE to try that on my old Torch!!!
    08-31-15 10:16 AM
    PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU DID THAT!!! ... I would LOVE to try that on my old Torch!!!
    It's probably either a picture or a good theme. Check BlackBerry World for themes on your torch.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:36 AM
    I could get in trouble for disclosing this but BB10 is coming to all legacy devices. Sadly still not the PlayBook though... :P
    08-31-15 10:44 AM
    Well, I didn't ask about BB1o coming to legacy; what I wanted to know is HOW you got BB10 onto an old OS7 device ... unless it's what "tufcustomer' suggested: either a Theme or a good Photoshop job.

... 'cause I'm finding it hard to believe that the old phones have sufficiently good hardware (CPU, RAM, storage, etc.) to run BB10 sufficiently well, and no-one really wants an already old & slow phone to run any slower, even IF it offers new functionality.

As they say on the Internet: pictures or it didn't happen. Well, you gave us exactly that, but everyone knows photos can't 'really' be trusted anymore. So a roadmap to install would be great, please. Pretty please.

THANKS!
    08-31-15 11:25 AM
    Well, I didn't ask about BB1o coming to legacy; what I wanted to know is HOW you got BB10 onto an old OS7 device ... unless it's what "tufcustomer' suggested: either a Theme or a good Photoshop job.

... 'cause I'm finding it hard to believe that the old phones have sufficiently good hardware (CPU, RAM, storage, etc.) to run BB10 sufficiently well, and no-one really wants an already old & slow phone to run any slower, even IF it offers new functionality.

As they say on the Internet: pictures or it didn't happen. Well, you gave us exactly that, but everyone knows photos can't 'really' be trusted anymore. So a roadmap to install would be great, please. Pretty please.

THANKS!
    You can't get BB10 on the BBOS devices. Full stop.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and anon(4268859) like this.
    08-31-15 11:38 AM

THANKS!
    Way easier.

1. Take a bloody screenshot in your Q10.
    2. Cut a bit of it, and shrink it proportionally.
    3. Load the JPG in your Torch.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-31-15 12:14 PM
    Way easier.

1. Take a bloody screenshot in your Q10.
    2. Cut a bit of it, and shrink it proportionally.
    3. Load the JPG in your Torch.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Even easier: Google search "BB10 screenshot" from the Torch, open full-screen image and pinch to zoom it to fit the screen (more or less), and take a blurry picture of it. Done.
    08-31-15 12:57 PM

THANKS!
    It's a theme called "GULL Able X10" and it's pretty easy to find. I didn't want to sidetrack the thread though. But it's soooo easy to fake a screenshot of something it's not even funny. What is funny is how people think that it's a fancy photoshop job.

I tried to use photoshop once and I was way too lost. MS Paint still gets the job done when I need it to. This however was much easier than that.
    08-31-15 01:00 PM
    3) Potential of dual SIM, a first on a Blackberry (hopefully).
    Not a 1st on BlackBerry, but a first on BlackBerry in North America. It would also be a first on a BB10 device.....Though only if it has BB10 on it...

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:47 PM
    Android!
    09-01-15 06:39 PM
    Does it have a Notification Light?
    09-01-15 08:21 PM
    You know, I think that's the first time I've seen someone ask about the light. Good question!

Posted via CB10
    katesbb likes this.
    09-01-15 08:23 PM
    Yes, it does have a notification light. It shows up in several photographs, including when BlackBerry first showed it in March at MWC.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry slider spotted!!-original-slider-leak-photo-110439a.jpg  
    katesbb likes this.
    09-01-15 09:22 PM
    I just can't get enough of these Venice pics.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:26 PM
    Take my all money for this Torch with BB10! And my kidneys too! I want it! Now!
    BlackBerry slider spotted!!-torch.jpg
    09-02-15 01:50 AM
    Take my all money for this Torch with BB10! And my kidneys too! I want it! Now!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	torch.jpg 
Views:	1589 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	369346
    Kidneys FTW!!!!!
    nick13b likes this.
    09-02-15 03:04 AM
    Not a 1st on BlackBerry, but a first on BlackBerry in North America. It would also be a first on a BB10 device.....Though only if it has BB10 on it...

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if it's just a matter of them turning the sim slot sideways for space reasons? If the SIM slot held the card in "landscape" layout, it's about the right size?
    09-02-15 10:38 AM
    Don't want it if it only runs Android. (period)
    09-02-15 05:43 PM
273 ... 678910 ...