Yep, they just slapped on a grayscale and cropped out the background. This was one of the first images we saw of the device.

Uzi and SteelGreek like this.
    08-30-15 09:42 AM
    Yep, they just slapped on a grayscale and cropped out the background. This was one of the first images we saw of the device.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/ite...38.59%20AM.png
    With that awful keyboard. It's funny to see people say they'd probably never use the slide out keyboard. Why wouldn't you when the vkb looks like this? Go android Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 01:37 PM
    With that awful keyboard. It's funny to see people say they'd probably never use the slide out keyboard. Why wouldn't you when the vkb looks like this? Go android Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    One thing that can ALMOST be certain is that the keyboard will not be a stock Android variant and be coming from BlackBerry themselves. They've already said that they were going to bring the BlackBerry VKB to Android so I don't see them not including it on their own device.

This particular keyboard though, does look different and the lower case letters make it look a bit wonky. Hopefully this isn't the new look of the BlackBerry VKB otherwise you should probably expect it to be included on the next BB10 update as well.
    08-30-15 01:51 PM
    Hopefully this isn't the new look of the BlackBerry VKB otherwise you should probably expect it to be included on the next BB10 update as well.
    dude if that were true that would be the nail in the coffin. don't say stuff like that. this droid business is tainting everything.

also want to mention i posted a video in comparison to the actual S6 edge and even that vkb doesn't extend past the screen's curves. so awkward this thing.
    08-30-15 02:32 PM
    Yeah, but BB10 is already many times more useful than PlayBook OS, even if they shuttered further development today.

Posted via CB10
    And that's why I'll keep my Z10, Z30 and Passport

But I won't be buying a new device that either has the os I hate or a DOA os

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    08-30-15 04:01 PM
    Strange that the pictures were taken in the backseat of a car......
    08-30-15 05:22 PM
    Is it a car? One of the shots shows two backs of the leather seats against each other. Looks more like a nice jet, or perhaps a train.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:38 PM
    It's a hint, pointing to QNX...which ultimately points to Hypervisor

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:44 PM
    I personally don't care if its a bit thicker than most phones, hopefully they are utilising the space for a decent sized battery to handle android.
    08-30-15 06:07 PM
    Well so far no sighting of it running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:37 PM
    It won't be an 'introduction' because that was a feature that the old Torch had and, yes, it was awesome. Sliding the phone closed to hang up a call was a satisfying feeling.
    Lol especially on those heated convos. So much power in just ending it by sliding it closed.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:00 PM
    Lol especially on those heated convos. So much power in just ending it by sliding it closed.

Posted via CB10
    I think it might have actually been the most satisfying way to end a call In the history of phone calls. Possibly even better than hanging up the handset onto the receiver!
    08-30-15 08:21 PM
    I think it might have actually been the most satisfying way to end a call In the history of phone calls. Possibly even better than hanging up the handset onto the receiver!
    it would be quite a different experience on this 5" screen. cumbersome i predict. the Torch 1&2 were perfectly pocket sized.
    08-30-15 08:34 PM
    it would be quite a different experience on this 5" screen. cumbersome i predict. the Torch 1&2 were perfectly pocket sized.
    I also think so. I don't know that it will be 'too' cumbersome to use but, in my opinion, the whole point of the Slider form is so that you can have the functionality of a full-sized device in a more compact package. Not so that you can have an even more gigantic device. However, recent smartphone trends overrule my opinion.

For a long time, the more compact your cell phone was, the cooler it was. Now, bigger is better is the mantra of the day. A Slider with Z10 dimensions would have been too good to be true. The old Torch was almost identical in size to the Bold 9700. I wish they would have tried to keep this one to the size of the Classic. Again though, BlackBerry doesn't seem too concerned with continuity of any sort since the start of BB10. The Q10 and Z30, for instance had the same back material. Not to mention, they've seemed to drop the 'Q' and 'Z' line of branding altogether now with the Classic and the Leap now...

They are so all over the place it's no wonder that general public can't keep up. For example, I have no idea what the iPhone1 or the iPhone2 were at all. The '3' was the first I'd seen that I know of and the same goes for the Samsung Galaxy line, now that I think about it. It takes some time for these product lines to gain traction and BlackBerry doesn't seem like they have the patience for that so they just keep throwing out new names and hope that one of them will stick. Ironically, the only way for that to happen would be if they 'stuck' with one themselves. The Slider should be branded as the new Torch. Why not the Torch T-1000? Nobody's gone with the Terminator branding yet... I would be so stoked to see what the T-2000 would be, if they'd take it in that direction.
    extisis and Mike Owsley like this.
    08-30-15 08:48 PM
    "I'll be Back."

Nice

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:39 PM
    "I'll be Back."

Nice

Posted via CB10
    Says the retired governor...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-30-15 10:20 PM
    i find it hilarious how some of you guys are complaining of its thickness. its a SLIDER, not the plasticy slivers of glass that calls itself a phone.

aesthetically its a total win for me. the only thing thats still bothers me is the notion of my having to go back to the Android environment. after BB10 thats totally a step down for me.
    08-30-15 10:49 PM
    I just wanted to comment why I'm so excited for this phone

1) Maximum productivity. Get all the productivity apps you ever need (airlines, tripcase, banking, photo cheque deposits) plus the awesome UI of the Blackberry Hub. Then, get maximum social productivity with the lastest social apps - that actually works (yelp, facebook, instagram, etc). Plus the search power of Google (Google Maps).

2) Reliability of keyboard for long emails and the fastness of swiftkey for the quick short messages.

3) Potential of dual SIM, a first on a Blackberry (hopefully).

4) Curved screen, making the phone look fantastic. The only other one being Samsung.

5) Real high end specs - something that we haven't seen in a Blackberry in a long time

For me, it's a step up, not a step down.
    08-30-15 10:51 PM
    i find it hilarious how some of you guys are complaining of its thickness. its a SLIDER, not the plasticy slivers of glass that calls itself a phone.

aesthetically its a total win for me. the only thing thats still bothers me is the notion of my having to go back to the Android environment. after BB10 thats totally a step down for me.
    Ok. Torch was a slider and in no way was thick. Perfect size in fact.

this android will be another "plasticy sliver of glass" that slides. And is thick. It wouldn't be so thick if it didn't try to copy the Edge. But eh.

Posted via CB10
    vd p likes this.
    08-30-15 11:31 PM
    Ok. Torch was a slider and in no way was thick. Perfect size in fact.

this android will be another "plasticy sliver of glass" that slides. And is thick. It wouldn't be so thick if it didn't try to copy the Edge. But eh.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the torch was the perfect size.. 5 years ago.. Get with the times..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-31-15 12:19 AM
    ok. Torch was a slider and in no way was thick. Perfect size in fact.

This android will be another "plasticy sliver of glass" that slides. And is thick. It wouldn't be so thick if it didn't try to copy the edge. But eh.

Posted via cb10
    delusional

z30 (10.3.1)
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-31-15 12:26 AM
    delusional

z30 (10.3.1)
    ok? the pictures speak for themselves. i'm just narrating.
    08-31-15 12:43 AM
    3) Potential of dual SIM, a first on a Blackberry (hopefully).
    Not gonna happen
    08-31-15 12:48 AM
    thickness could be because of the sliding mechanism and BB trying to stuff a huge battery in it still. Just sayin...
    08-31-15 12:50 AM
    thickness could be because of the sliding mechanism and BB trying to stuff a huge battery in it still. Just sayin...
    I've said this before and I'll say it again (...and again), I would sacrifice form to have a longer lasting battery any day. The same goes for screen brightness, LED vs LCD; pretty much anything that maximizes the practical usefulness of the device trumps form always.

This is a cool looking device and if the reason it is slightly thicker is to have a longer lasting battery, then I'm a happy camper. It would also make it more durable. Why do you really want a paper thin device anyway? (and not particularly YOU, mathking) Wearing pants that tight isn't healthy or attractive.
    08-31-15 01:32 AM
273 ... 56789 ...