Maybe at first the screen was going to be curved, but the deal fell through with Sammy and they made a bunch of flat screen prototypes we see here.

Or they are just that, prototypes and the real deal will have a curved screen.
    I'm not sure what you're saying, but I see a curved screen edge in those pictures here - especially the ones on the front page article (I'm only seeing the first pic in the OP, and the others are coming up as dead links).

And just as I feared, the image is rolling off the edges (icons are just a bit too close and the top status bar is definitely waterfalling on the left and right) and no allowance is made to keep that from happening - so far. That means that video playback and picture display will also roll off the edges and distort while looking at them straight on.

Edit: I guess they couldn't work in the fret bars between the key rows...
    Rick-TJR likes this.
    08-29-15 08:55 AM
    Yep, that's what I had.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see the 'confirmation'

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:02 AM
    Why make it a dual boot if they make the Android OS with hub, active frames, etc.? Why buy the milk when you have the cow? Nobody is even going to bother using OS10 unless forced to for enterprise. I guess the only thing this does is helps people from carrying two devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:11 AM
    Other than that, it looks oogly and bulky in my opinion. Others like it. To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    08-29-15 09:14 AM
    I'm just glad that the first sharp in-the-wild shots of the new slider for us to examine show a guy with presentable hands. Usually, the first good prototype photos leaks come from Vietnam and feature a man's hand with at least one long fingernail and I haven't had breakfast yet.
    Xmeatizmurderx and Paul86 like this.
    08-29-15 09:23 AM
    It looks quite thick. Which I suppose is inevitable in any slider design.

Z30 STA100-5 -- OS 10.3.2.2168 -- stable.
    08-29-15 09:25 AM
    Great to see the re-designed icons matching the Material Design Guidelines but keep the BlackBerry 10 Look and Feel :-) Really really cant wait to buy it. But not only for productivity reasons... The portrait sliding form factor is perfect for my favourite emulator: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....dsemu.drastic

In fact, it's a BlackBerry DS

BTW: Does anyone know if BlackBerry will be exhibiting at IFA Berlin?
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 09:27 AM
    I am on the same page with those commenting about its thickness. It looks big AND tall.

We'll see how it all plays out and what the final version will be.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Too big all the way around!
    08-29-15 09:28 AM
    Wow. That is a gorgeous device. The only thing they could do to make it better is to give it silver frets like those on the Passport/Q10/Classic.

Unfortunately, the fact that it runs Android might be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 09:29 AM
    Edit: I guess they couldn't work in the fret bars between the key rows...
    Frets are there, they're just black.
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 09:30 AM
    I'm just glad that the first sharp in-the-wild shots of the new slider for us to examine show a guy with presentable hands. Usually, the first good prototype photos leaks come from Vietnam and feature a man's hand with at least one long fingernail and I haven't had breakfast yet.
    Lol... these were posted on a Vietnamese site. But it looks like they were in some sort of luxury jet or car,.. so, probably not from the guys that can disassemble any device without tools by just using their fingernails.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:32 AM
    I just hope that's one of their prototype devices. Look at the part of the flash. There are some plastic or god knows what residue is that hanging! And the sim and sd card trays... Do they really need to name those slots? It feels like I'm looking a china made BT speaker. The plastic used looks like the one also from Z10. Could be more appealing if they start to include more metal in the phone's design. Also with that edgy sliding PKB, haven't blackberry learnt the flaws of using cornered PKB from passport?

On the lighter note, it seems their android version can show 10 app tiles.
    08-29-15 09:35 AM
    Mayhaps with this redesign we may finally see the return of the Squircle?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:48 AM
    damn it looks thick
    That's what she said

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Adam Kowalczyk1 like this.
    08-29-15 09:49 AM
    Too big all the way around!
    At least it won't bend...

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 09:52 AM
    What page?

Posted via CB10
    "On the same page." An expression meaning I am in agreement.

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...-the-same-page

In this case, I am in agreement with those above me commenting on the pictures included by the original poster about how thick the device in those pictures looks to us. That page.

It's an expression I've heard countless times. But, I realize others may not have heard it.

Is that what you mean? I, also, realize you could have meant something else and I missed it.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-29-15 10:05 AM
    Hard to really tell from the pics, but... doesn't look like they are actually using the curved edges of the 'screen' to display anything. Seems like it's just an effect caused by some of the regular flat screen transmitting through the curving front glass when look at angle.
    I noticed that the pictures have been edited to blur the lower left and right side corners of the screen, so there must have been some identifying information displayed there.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry slider spotted!!-venice-corner-blurred.jpg  
    08-29-15 10:06 AM
    IDo they really need to name those slots? It feels like I'm looking a china made BT speaker.
    Every great design process needs that Jony Ive character with the ultimate veto power to say "Do we really need that 8MP AUTOFOCUS" label?", "Why do I have to see that indicator light when it's off?", "Steve Jobs would have murdered you if you brought him this icon."
    7onZ likes this.
    08-29-15 10:09 AM
    Why make it a dual boot if they make the Android OS with hub, active frames, etc.?
    I actually thought for a reason and the only thing I could come up with is if a person has bought hundreds of S4BB's apps. That's pretty much it.

You've got a great point. Why have a phone that can dual boot either Android with practically everything from BB10 (except for S4BB's apps) or BB10? The BB10 side would be such a waste of time depending on how BlackBerry does Android.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-29-15 10:24 AM
    Shut up and take my...

Posted via CB10
    ***** betta have my money lol
    08-29-15 10:36 AM
    ... The BB10 side would be such a waste of time depending on how BlackBerry does Android.
    Unless you're a company called BlackBerry who is trying to be profitable by selling end to end security services to enterprise and government customers. BlackBerry hardware provides that extra level of security, as John Chen explained in his interview at the Churchill Club yesterday.
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 10:50 AM
    Is that the same back as the q10? Man I hope so *swoon*

Posted via CB10
    EuthanasiaUK and koves like this.
    08-29-15 11:04 AM
    a couple points

for the active frames....It appears to be a different "recent apps" screen which can be modified rather easily. It probably as close to active frames as you will get but we will see.

yes a watermark is altered but that is no surprise.

The edges do not appear to be round enough to support some real features like on the sammys but again we cant know for sure.

looks like 1 speaker, maybe stereo, on the bottom that is front facing and that is it.

All things point to straight android still nothing of bb10

Its hard to say how much they have skinned it so far other than the recents screen
    08-29-15 11:06 AM
    Unless you're a company called BlackBerry who is trying to be profitable by selling end to end security services to enterprise and government customers. BlackBerry hardware provides that extra level of security, as John Chen explained in his interview at the Churchill Club yesterday.
    His solution for those clients is to use legacy BB10 devices for communication and carry around an additional smartphone for everything else.
    08-29-15 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry slider spotted!!-blackberryvenicehandsonleak2.png.jpg Forget about the Samsung Galaxy edge Lol

Posted via CB10
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    08-29-15 11:09 AM
273 12345 ...