Securing Android in BYOD age under BES12 is already started, and can't be limited to BlackBerry Android devices only. You cannot keep on creating niche markets. Under BES12, BBRY is openlt telling that they are securing Android, not just BlackBerry Android.
    09-16-15 01:07 PM
    Hasn't Blackberry already told what the spec are for the Slider? I thought I ready it somewhere. Anyone?
    All rumors right now. phoneArena I think has some info. battery is 3xxx. Screen is UHD 5.5". Memory weighs in at 3 GB. These are the knowns. The rumors are that the processor is a 6 core 808. I think the camera being 18 MP is known also. Does it have an SD card slot? Is it running a heavily modified android kernel for security reasons? A lot of this is just not known. I wish BBRY would just tell us. Sooon I guess. Oct 8 is probably the announce date.
    09-16-15 01:13 PM
    Does it have dark hub?
    SPNKr likes this.
    09-16-15 01:42 PM
    Surprised to see the parts so soon.
    09-16-15 01:54 PM
    I'm not even the most bit interested.
    You were interested enough to reply about this.
    09-16-15 01:58 PM
    Replying is the point of a forum thread.
    Kind of a democratic way of seeing how the CrackBerry community is taking the news.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-16-15 02:07 PM
    Surprised to see the parts so soon.
    LOL, I see what you did there.
    09-16-15 02:37 PM
    Priceless
    09-16-15 06:36 PM
    Is this what you have been watching all day?
    09-16-15 06:38 PM
    Well, I don't think it's an Amoled screen, do you see that "LCD" print on the band?

Posted via CB10
    That generally is for placement and what plug to plug it into.

Just like we use VGA cables but we are well above VGA or CGA or XVGA etc. Etc.

So the little reference plug ribbon won't say AMOLED etc.

Posted via CB10
    CdnBBFan likes this.
    09-16-15 07:21 PM
    Well, I don't think it's an Amoled screen, do you see that "LCD" print on the band?

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know, OLED technology is the only one that you can bend and do curved screens. Well.. to be fair you can bend LCD's aswell, but they will shift shift colors when you do it. Prety sure its a Samsung OLED like the S6 Edge, and the images that leaked today kinda prove that
    09-16-15 07:39 PM
    Replying is the point of a forum thread.
    Kind of a democratic way of seeing how the CrackBerry community is taking the news.

Beating a dead horse is not democratic, it's barbaric.
    09-16-15 08:07 PM
    I said the same thing a few months back.
    and it still sounds ridiculous ;-)
    09-16-15 10:51 PM
    Hmm... I wonder which parts of it leak...
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-17-15 01:28 AM
    Hmm... I wonder which parts of it leak...
    the battery and memory, like most androids OS phones.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-17-15 08:28 AM
    Does it have the Squircle?
    I blame the downfall of BB10 on the withholding of the Squircle loading icon/animation. That leaked OS was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-17-15 08:42 AM
    I think something is wrong with me.
    Ever since the feeling around these forums has been that it won't be BB10, just don't see it as anything other then "just another" Android device.

Even with leaks like this...
    Never thought I'd ever feel such indifference towards a big device soon to be announced by BlackBerry lol.

I totally agree, If it's not Blackberry all the way,... UM, it's not Blackberry. Just my Honest Opinion!
    09-17-15 08:55 AM
    It's a device made by BlackBerry, therefore it's a BB phone. This argument about BB10 OS is kinda moot. Tell me are the BBOS and BB10 OS architecture same? In fact the Android and BB10 OS are from the same family tree. It's the unique "BlackBerry Experience" that we should hope that BlackBerry maintains when it switches to Android OS.
    It's about the same company controlling the OS and the hardware.

Not that complicated.
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry will just be another 'guest' in the Android world and waiting to adapt software and their hardware.
    Not built from the "ground up" with any BlackBerry roadmap in mind.

Sure, BlackBerry can: patch, add, edit, strap on, tape, delete, paste and a bunch of stuff to make things fit for BlackBerry.
    But definitely tough to compare it with the legacy OS or BB10 situation since BlackBerry would no longer control the core OS and hardware.
    It will be using someone else's core software and adapting or modifying it to 'make it fit'.

There's a reason why Q10 is 'still' running awesomely great with its specs that nobody was ever impressed by.

Last edited by jope28; 09-17-15 at 10:51 AM.
    Toodeurep and KingOfQwerty like this.
    09-17-15 09:24 AM
    Guys, I just found out that the Slider Screen is made by the same manufacturer like the S6 edge screen. Look at this replacement part and the logos on it:

S6 Edge
    Attachment 371607

Slider
    Attachment 371606

Posted via CB10
    extra chip on left, is this for gesture control?
    09-17-15 10:19 AM
    Guys, I just found out that the Slider Screen is made by the same manufacturer like the S6 edge screen. Look at this replacement part and the logos on it:

S6 Edge
    Attachment 371607

Slider
    Attachment 371606

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that, these photos also confirm that the Venice glass maybe curved but the screen is not. You can tell by the coverage of the screen versus glass area.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 11:00 AM
    these photos also confirm that the Venice glass maybe curved but the screen is not. You can tell by the coverage of the screen versus glass area.
    Sorry, what am I looking for? I see the screen covering the entire glass, right? I am looking at post #3

Could it be that the extra area is because of the slider hinge, and not part of the screen?
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-17-15 11:04 AM
    I see such comments everywhere. You do know you don't have to slide it out? Hell, just pour a bunch of superglue on the keyboard and slide it shut.

Presto, wallo... it's gone. hah. Cr: "JellyRoll"
    And if I want a car with a glass ceiling, I should just buy a convertible instead, even though I have absolutely no use for it?

This argument is probably the most ridiculous one I have read in the last few months, and I have read it too often already.

It's a fanboy thought, no rational consumer would ever have.
    If I want a touchscreen phone, I will not buy a slider.
    The thought is just asinine and quixotic.
    lnichols and Thesmartmale like this.
    09-17-15 12:17 PM
    Thanks for that, these photos also confirm that the Venice glass maybe curved but the screen is not. You can tell by the coverage of the screen versus glass area.

Posted via CB10
    How can you tell that? the screen all covered by those plastic layers, you can't see where the screen starts or ends.

and it's well known that the edges are curved, not only the glass, but the screen itself.
    09-17-15 12:29 PM
    How can you tell that? the screen all covered by those plastic layers, you can't see where the screen starts or ends.

and it's well known that the edges are curved, not only the glass, but the screen itself.
    noone ever confirmed that the lcd was curved. just take a look at this picture:

BlackBerry Slider parts leak-blackberry-venice-aa-4-840x466.jpg

now check this one:

BlackBerry Slider parts leak-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge.jpg
    09-17-15 12:37 PM
    How's the battery life?
    Is the battery removable lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:52 PM
107 ... 2345