This picture sure makes it look likes it will be buttery smooth, but the real question that no one is talking about (because the first rule of Venice Club is that you don't talk about Venice Club) is: will we see the return of The Squircle? (All hail The Squircle)
    00stryder likes this.
    09-16-15 09:51 AM
    Guys, I just found out that the Slider Screen is made by the same manufacturer like the S6 edge screen. Look at this replacement part and the logos on it:

S6 Edge
    BlackBerry Slider parts leak-61z4vx0jvil._sl1500_.jpg

Slider
    BlackBerry Slider parts leak-co_udfrwgaagb5s.png

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:30 AM
    I don't understand how some people say just another Android! Well, this is completely different kind of Android phone. It calls BlackBerry Android. I'm sure it is more secure than any other Android brands. This is one size fits all. You've both virtual screen keyboard and physical keyboard. You don't have to carry two phones anymore. Your options now when you pull out the phone from your pocket, do I need to reply to people with physical keyboard or just virtual keyboard? Put your second phone at home! No need two phones anymore with this Super Slider! BlackBerry, your priority job is to release it now, don't wait (you've made so much mistakes in the past for waiting too long) and make sure you do the pumping commercial and price it right.
    09-16-15 10:30 AM
    Yes, it looks the same, so Samsung must be the one who design the Slider for BlackBerry. I heard the rumor long time ago that Samsung will design the phone for BlackBerry. The rumor must be credible about Samsung design the Slider phone.

Guys, I just found out that the Slider Screen is made by the same manufacturer like the S6 edge screen. Look at this replacement part and the logos on it:

S6 Edge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61z4vx0jviL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	1947 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	371607

Slider
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CO_UdfrWgAAGb5S.png 
Views:	1940 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	371606

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:34 AM
    Images are useless. Just tell me the hardware specs.
    09-16-15 10:37 AM
    Yes, it looks the same, so Samsung must be the one who design the Slider for BlackBerry. I heard the rumor long time ago that Samsung will design the phone for BlackBerry. The rumor must be credible about Samsung design the Slider phone.
    Can you identify the logo? Which company is it from?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:38 AM
    Hasn't Blackberry already told what the spec are for the Slider? I thought I ready it somewhere. Anyone?

Images are useless. Just tell me the hardware specs.
    09-16-15 10:39 AM
    I don't understand how some people say just another Android! Well, this is completely different kind of Android phone. It calls BlackBerry Android. I'm sure it is more secure than any other Android brands. This is one size fits all. You've both virtual screen keyboard and physical keyboard. You don't have to carry two phones anymore. Your options now when you pull out the phone from your pocket, do I need to reply to people with physical keyboard or just virtual keyboard? Put your second phone at home! No need two phones anymore with this Super Slider! BlackBerry, your priority job is to release it now, don't wait (you've made so much mistakes in the past for waiting too long) and make sure you do the pumping commercial and price it right.
    100% speculation.

Posted via Z30
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    09-16-15 10:46 AM
    Your confidence is inspiring, my friend. As the old saying goes: "from your lips to God's ear." Unfortunately, there is very little support for your statements yet. "I'm sure it is more secure..." is a lovely sentiment - but not fact based. "You don't have to carry two phones anymore..." is true only if the only reason to carry a second phone is the need for a physical keyboard - unfortunately, not typically the driver for a second phone. "...pumping commercial[s] and price it right" is kind of a novel idea, and one Blackberry has been very reluctant to try - I'm not sure this is about to change. Bottom line: only time will tell. Let's hope it's not too much time!
    jope28 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    09-16-15 10:47 AM
    Wasn't it obvious from day 1 that this is a Samsung Edge screen anyway?
    09-16-15 10:52 AM
    I love AndroBerry.:
    SPNKr likes this.
    09-16-15 10:54 AM
    How's the battery life?
    Speaking of battery (electrical kind not the physical battering kind which the device will probably take at the hands of reviewers) - does this leaky device have WIRELESS/QI charging or is that going to be a carrier exclusive like Verizon's Z30?
    09-16-15 11:24 AM
    Speaking of battery (electrical kind not the physical battering kind which the device will probably take at the hands of reviewers) - does this leaky device have WIRELESS/QI charging or is that going to be a carrier exclusive like Verizon's Z30?
    Yeah I hope not to be a carrier exclusive..
    09-16-15 11:26 AM
    I'm okay with exclusive to Verizon...
    00stryder likes this.
    09-16-15 11:40 AM
    This picture sure makes it look likes it will be buttery smooth, but the real question that no one is talking about (because the first rule of Venice Club is that you don't talk about Venice Club) is: will we see the return of The Squircle? (All hail The Squircle)
    Beat ya to it. Post #40.
    09-16-15 11:42 AM
    Is it snappier?
    Buttery smooth, baby... buttery smooth...
    09-16-15 11:48 AM
    why oh why must Blackberry insist on smearing it's logo on the face? How insecure is this company?
    09-16-15 11:48 AM
    It will be H$$$$$$

Posted via CB10
    Ah, man... I only have H$$$$$ saved up. Gonna have to start skipping lunch for the next few months.
    09-16-15 12:00 PM
    why oh why must Blackberry insist on smearing it's logo on the face? How insecure is this company?
    I think now more than ever we'll need the BB logo on the front so as not to confuse it with another Android device when the PKB is stowed.
    09-16-15 12:02 PM
    Hasn't Blackberry already told what the spec are for the Slider? I thought I ready it somewhere. Anyone?
    So far we have picture confirmation of the following specs:
    - Physical keyboard
    - Screen (*new*)

I'm hoping it has a battery and SIM card slot as well (*fingers crossed*)...
    09-16-15 12:03 PM
    Security and PKB. Nobody, let alone the Android folks, gives **** about these, in the consumer world and to some extent enterprise too. If it is not so, BBRY would have been in better shape now.

And your last sentence, when was the last time BBRY did those right?
    09-16-15 12:41 PM
    Security and PKB. Nobody, let alone the Android folks, gives **** about these, in the consumer world and to some extent enterprise too. If it is not so, BBRY would have been in better shape now.
    I think, like you say, enterprise believes in security (to a varying degree depending on the industry). However, consumers don't. The thing is, though, that the people who work for enterprises are consumers (at least in the evening and on their breaks).

With the days of COBO devices over, enterprises are looking for a way to secure their data on consumer devices. In comes a BlackBerry android device that can secure the whitelisted apps on a work partition, while the employee is free to recklessly install malware on their personal partition.
    09-16-15 12:52 PM
    The Slider will not just be another Android phone. It's a Blackberry Secured Android Phone. Don't put your hope down yet people, if it can combine the good things of both Android and Blackberry it'll sell better than BB10 for sure!
    09-16-15 12:55 PM
    BlackBerry hasn't released any information about the slider, except for showing a prototype unit for a few seconds back in March, and saying that it will be available by the end of the year. That's it.
    09-16-15 12:55 PM
    Beat ya to it. Post #40.
    Oh drat...
    09-16-15 01:05 PM
107 12345