Is it available yet?

Will it work for "android" tablets and/or phones as I am sure loading it to a blackberry Q-10 or classic, etc is out of the question but if available loading it to an android device should not be?

I am really wanting this ROM for my x-86 android tablet (prob a dream if not only because of the x-86 part) but unsure if this is even going to happen due to Blackberry's security?

-Steve
    10-31-15 09:41 PM
    no and it probably never will be
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-31-15 09:53 PM
    Thanks,
    Why do you think so?
    The issue I mentioned with security?
    I love the warm fuzzy feeling I get every-time I visit Crack-berry, everybody is so; so nice and accommodating, not stuck up like so many other places around online. Keep it up guys! Kudo's.

-Steve

Off Topic: You bear a striking resemblance to the youtuber - Shoenice...
    10-31-15 11:13 PM
    Thanks,
    Why do you think so?
    The issue I mentioned with security?
    I love the warm fuzzy feeling I get every-time I visit Crack-berry, everybody is so; so nice and accommodating, not stuck up like so many other places around online. Keep it up guys! Kudo's.

-Steve

Off Topic: You bear a striking resemblance to the youtuber - Shoenice...
    The rom from Priv will probably detect a hardware component as well, something that BB has been doing for ages
    It creates a hardware level of security as well, so in that case, it would be neigh impossible to load on non-BB phones even if you could get your hands on the file
    10-31-15 11:26 PM
    The rom from Priv will probably detect a hardware component as well, something that BB has been doing for ages
    It creates a hardware level of security as well, so in that case, it would be neigh impossible to load on non-BB phones even if you could get your hands on the file
    Somebody at XDA will figure it out... there are some really brilliant people there...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:55 PM
    Somebody at XDA will figure it out... there are some really brilliant people there...

Posted via CB10
    Hardware emulation. We could figure it out I am positive but it would be detrimental to BlackBerry and I can't think of any way in which this would add value to a non BlackBerry manufactured android device or be worth the time and work.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:40 AM
    Had to add,that if we did this through hardware emulation or virtualization it would likely ironically and hilariously mean using a hypervisor. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:45 AM
    OP needs to understand how BB boot rom works... it is a combination of hardware and software for the loader ... each device has a unique key which is encrypted in both hardware and software... add to a number of load and OS checks... highly doubtful you will ever see a rom... main reason you have not seen a root on BB smartphone.....maybe someone might figure out to rip some of the apk running in the OS... hub for example.... but then again... never say never...
    11-01-15 01:13 AM
    Much more likely someone will develop a rom that emulates some of the Priv features and contains the BlackBerry apps.
    11-01-15 01:16 AM
    OP needs to understand how BB boot rom works... it is a combination of hardware and software for the loader ... each device has a unique key which is encrypted in both hardware and software... add to a number of load and OS checks... highly doubtful you will ever see a rom... main reason you have not seen a root on BB smartphone.....maybe someone might figure out to rip some of the apk running in the OS... hub for example.... but then again... never say never...
    The main reason you haven't seen a BlackBerry root is because the people who know how to do it care too much about the company to share it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:54 AM
    The main reason you haven't seen a BlackBerry root is because the people who know how to do it care too much about the company to share it.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook.
    11-02-15 05:09 PM
    If it was that easy all the Chinese fake iPhones and fake BlackBerry's would be running IOS and BB10 instead of AOSP Android.
    will308 likes this.
    11-02-15 05:54 PM
    Apples and Oranges my friend, the Priv is already running Android whereas BB10 or iOS are completely different.
    But like I said above, a custom rom is far more likely (and really not meaningfully different) than a full port.
    11-02-15 06:13 PM
    Playbook.
    Yes. One release that was patched very quickly. Never to be rooted again.
    11-02-15 07:23 PM
    Apples and Oranges my friend, the Priv is already running Android whereas BB10 or iOS are completely different.
    But like I said above, a custom rom is far more likely (and really not meaningfully different) than a full port.
    Yes. A custom boot prom that checks the hardware and if the certificates don't match, won't boot. The hardware also checks the boot prom and if it doesn't match, the phone doesn't boot.
    11-02-15 07:25 PM
    It will be interesting to see if anyone can get a custom rom running on the priv. I doubt it will happen at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    11-02-15 07:30 PM
    Yes. One release that was patched very quickly. Never to be rooted again.
    Exactly. BlackBerry hasn't gotten rooted because of a combination of obscurity, lack of widespread interest, and actual security. When a root exploit was discovered it was exploited and published.
    Yes. A custom boot prom that checks the hardware and if the certificates don't match, won't boot. The hardware also checks the boot prom and if it doesn't match, the phone doesn't boot.
    It will be interesting to see if anyone can get a custom rom running on the priv. I doubt it will happen at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    Ah geez no, sorry guys: I was very unclear. I meant a custom rom for OTHER android devices that mimicked the Priv OS was likely. I don't think there's a snowballs chance that the Priv will have custom roms as an option, the bootloader is going to stay locked.
    11-02-15 08:45 PM