Last night, an upgrade notification appeared. I accepted the reboot after it installed but the phone completely shut down and won't turn on anymore leaving a Blue LED light blinking for about 10hours now. I've tried to hold the power key for several minutes without any changes. I also tried to plug it to my computer still nothing. Please help.

Kind Regards,

Ghys
    05-31-16 11:32 AM
    Master Reset

Turn off your phone.
    Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys together.
    When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
    Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
    Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
    Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
    After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

Now you could try other options that aren't as destructive...
    sophie1969 likes this.
    05-31-16 11:38 AM
    Master Reset

Turn off your phone.
    Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys together.
    When the device powers on and displays �Power on logo�, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
    Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
    Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, �wipe data/factory reset� and press the Power key to select it.
    Press the Vol Down button again until the option �Yes � delete all user data� is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
    After the reset is complete, highlight �Reboot system now� and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

Now you could try other options that aren't as destructive...
    Unfortunately this won't work on priv
    05-31-16 11:39 AM
    OP try hold down power button + volume down at the same time for 10 second, if you can get to the bootloader menu ,you can try autoloader
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-31-16 11:45 AM
    Sorry I was not logged in earlier. I tried both options without success. The phone is completely down with only the blinking blue light.
    05-31-16 11:51 AM
    Sorry I was not logged in earlier. I tried both options without success. The phone is completely down with only the blinking blue light.
    Call BlackBerry support if else fail claim for warranty
    05-31-16 11:52 AM
    Will do, thanks.
    05-31-16 11:59 AM
    Yep, that is a strange one.. Please let us know how it goes..
    06-03-16 03:26 PM
    Last night, an upgrade notification appeared. I accepted the reboot after it installed but the phone completely shut down and won't turn on anymore leaving a Blue LED light blinking for about 10hours now. I've tried to hold the power key for several minutes without any changes. I also tried to plug it to my computer still nothing. Please help.

Kind Regards,

Ghys
    On, I woke up in the middle of the night experiencing the same issue. Holding down the power button for 30 seconds did not work, so I was nervous. I was ready to bust out the passport (which I prefer over the priv, just a FYI) anyways... try this, hold down the power button, volume buttons (both up and down) and hold down the mute button. Hold down all these buttons simultaneously. Hold it down until screen starts to signify restarting or otherwise. Make sure phone is plugged in as well. I hope this helps
    FF22 and anon(9867400) like this.
    06-04-16 12:34 PM
    Than you so much for this advice!! The same thing happened to my T-Mobile Priv just after I got it & this saved me another trip to T-Mobile in the same day! You are a lifesaver!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-18-16 11:31 PM
    Also wanted to say thanks. I just purchased the QC on sale from Crackberry made by Qualcomm and while my Priv was off it was charging but the Led was blinking in a sequence (didn't count) and I unplugged the Priv. After plugging it back in the blinks were faster but the battery was at 100%.

The startup was going on for over 30 mins before I found this thread. Thx again.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:38 AM
    Also wanted to say thanks. I just purchased the QC on sale from Crackberry made by Qualcomm and while my Priv was off it was charging but the Led was blinking in a sequence (didn't count) and I unplugged the Priv. After plugging it back in the blinks were faster but the battery was at 100%.

The startup was going on for over 30 mins before I found this thread. Thx again.

Posted via CB10
    Mine still won't work
    08-10-16 08:19 AM
    Were you connected to Wi-fi? The phone needs to be connected to wi-fi to successfully update. You can hold down the power button and volume down button for 30 sec or until it boots and boots into safe mode. Then, follow same sequence and boot into normal mode. Hope that helps.
    08-10-16 09:30 AM
    OP try hold down power button + volume down at the same time for 10 second, if you can get to the bootloader menu ,you can try autoloader

How do I bring up bootloader mood
    11-18-16 06:08 AM
    How do I bring up bootloader mood
    You quoted the method in your post. First, welcome to Crackberry.

Press and hold the Power On button at the same time as pressing and holding the Vol Down button. It may also trigger a screenshot. But press and hold both. Once the Menu appears plug in the usb cable and run the auotloader. (you do not need to move the menu pointer to fastload or fast boot).
    11-18-16 09:06 AM
    Hey,my BlackBerry privy doesn't turn on after i upgrading its software instead a blue led light is blinking.i have tried holding the power button,volume up and down plus the mute button simultaneously but still it doesn't work am really frustrated,what can i do?
    11-30-16 01:46 AM
    Hey,my BlackBerry privy doesn't turn on after i upgrading its software instead a blue led light is blinking.i have tried holding the power button,volume up and down plus the mute button simultaneously but still it doesn't work am really frustrated,what can i do?
    Read this entire thread and try the methods mentioned. The answer is here.
    11-30-16 06:40 AM
    Hey jamesharmeling i have read the entire thread tried all the methods but none works
    11-30-16 07:30 AM
    Hey jamesharmeling i have read the entire thread tried all the methods but none works
    You may have to try the autoloader method. But first, what carrier, what location and how long have you had the phone? Free support:

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)

For Autoloaders, see the Sticky thread at the top of the Priv forum. Find the one for your version/carrier and check out the instructions on how to load it.
    11-30-16 11:52 AM
    Hey mine was an open carrier,am from kenya and i have had the phone for 9 months now okay let me try that.thanks
    12-01-16 04:43 AM
    Thank you! This was extremely helpful!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-17 07:13 PM
    SAME HERE BROTHER KINDLY SEE THE VIDEO I HAVE UPLOADED HOW TO SOLE PLEASE ANY ONE EXPERT OR FACED BEFORE LIKE THIS ISSUE .

check below my videos please i have uploaded my video kindly solve my issue please help anyone
    09-16-17 08:05 AM
    SAME HERE BROTHER KINDLY SEE THE VIDEO I HAVE UPLOADED HOW TO SOLE PLEASE ANY ONE EXPERT OR FACED BEFORE LIKE THIS ISSUE .

check below my videos please i have uploaded my video kindly solve my issue please help anyone

anyone can help with this ? its same problem with me..
    01-21-18 06:27 AM
    Does anyone felt a benefit after update?

In my case Priv say that no Wifi and waiting for WiF. Download of update file is stoped. Any comments?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Priv won't turn on after Upgrade/ Blue LED light blinking for hours, what can I do?-screenshot_2018-05-26-08-27-26.jpg  
    05-30-18 12:04 AM
    Does anyone felt a benefit after update?

In my case Priv say that no Wifi and waiting for WiF. Download of update file is stoped. Any comments?
    Thanks
    Follow the instructions for the workaround described here: Unable to install System Update on BlackBerry powered by Android Smartphone
    05-30-18 12:39 PM
29 12