My Priv will not charge over 2%.
    While charging, It would flash red indicator till 2% and then it woild vibrate and start blinking yellow light and show the battery icon with the lightning bolt.

Whats happening?
    03-24-17 09:20 PM
    Have you tried different chargers and cables?
    03-24-17 09:23 PM
    Yes, I did...the ones that came together with Priv, my samsung's fast charging, changed the usb cables to various ones. Normal chargers...also the non-usb chargers that went straight to the portholes...power banks....usb plugged to my pc has been this way for a week now. Should I try plugging it to my ps4 usb?
    03-24-17 09:39 PM
    Yes, I did...the ones that came together with Priv, my samsung's fast charging, changed the usb cables to various ones. Normal chargers...also the non-usb chargers that went straight to the portholes...power banks....usb plugged to my pc has been this way for a week now. Should I try plugging it to my ps4 usb?
    Has it been acting badly for a while or is this sudden behavior? Any new apps? Did you get the recent OS security updates? Do you have a warranty or insurance?

Plug it in and try one of the reboot methods:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    ckh_bb likes this.
    03-24-17 10:08 PM
    I have not downloaded anything new on the phone...so it happened suddenly. First, I have let the battery run out as I have forgotten to charge it. The next morning, I plugged it in to charge, and it did charge....just super slow...half a day and only 30%, which was weird. So, I used it anyway since back then it was my only phone. And by the time I got home, it ran out of battery. I charge it again, I figured if its going to be slow I would charge it over night...and the next morning...2%, vibrate, flash (as I stated above)...the whole day.
    If I could turn it on, I would try to reset etc, but the 2% doesnt even hold up! After the series of triangle square circle thing, the phone would already be on 0% and then it shuts down....all this while plugged.So I couldnt even do anything.
    03-25-17 04:04 AM
    I have not downloaded anything new on the phone...so it happened suddenly. First, I have let the battery run out as I have forgotten to charge it. The next morning, I plugged it in to charge, and it did charge....just super slow...half a day and only 30%, which was weird. So, I used it anyway since back then it was my only phone. And by the time I got home, it ran out of battery. I charge it again, I figured if its going to be slow I would charge it over night...and the next morning...2%, vibrate, flash (as I stated above)...the whole day.
    If I could turn it on, I would try to reset etc, but the 2% doesnt even hold up! After the series of triangle square circle thing, the phone would already be on 0% and then it shuts down....all this while plugged.So I couldnt even do anything.
    It sounds as if you have tried other chargers. Unfortunately, it might be a hardware problem. But see if you can get some power into it and then try the reboots. Good luck.
    03-25-17 10:14 AM
    I have had similar issues and it started suddenly (after March update I think). Verizon here. No new apps, cleared cache, done regular reboot and kept current on updates in hope one of them would fix the problem. My Priv is exactly one year old and I love it. Don't want another phone. Have a service plan but don't want a refurb if I can help it. The one thing I wonder might have been problematic was staying plugged in while I streamed You Tube for hours because otherwise the battery runs down so fast? Or the fact my Media card is pretty full? (Need to move a ton of stuff off over Spring Break when I have time).

Are there any good threads I should read? Any help appreciated.
    03-25-17 10:26 AM
    I have had similar issues and it started suddenly (after March update I think). Verizon here. No new apps, cleared cache, done regular reboot and kept current on updates in hope one of them would fix the problem. My Priv is exactly one year old and I love it. Don't want another phone. Have a service plan but don't want a refurb if I can help it. The one thing I wonder might have been problematic was staying plugged in while I streamed You Tube for hours because otherwise the battery runs down so fast? Or the fact my Media card is pretty full? (Need to move a ton of stuff off over Spring Break when I have time).

Are there any good threads I should read? Any help appreciated.
    Which reboot method did you use? You might want to try another method.

How about Safe Mode to see if an app might be the culprit? You might lose your home page setup and/or widgets and have to re-do that.

I hesitate to suggest reloading the OS - a pain.
    03-25-17 10:51 AM
    Have only tried regular reboot. You know me; looking for the least painless answer. I simply don't have hours to spend on this. Plus wondering if this could be linked to the update if others were experiencing something similar. Fortunately I am not in as desperate a situation as OP (yet) but am having to use my external battery to boost and can barely make it thru the work day. Using Priv while plugged in, it can't keep up even if I am using it lightly.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-17 11:05 AM
    Though I still get relatively good battery life, it seems to drain faster than it did just a short while. It is not nearly dramatic enough to link it to the latest update, but, well, perhaps. I will try the reboot and see if it improves things.
    03-25-17 01:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem right now. Did anyone find a solution?
    06-17-19 06:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem right now. Did anyone find a solution?
    KEYone, Motion, Key2 and Key2 LE are the primary solutions that people found most effective. With the PRIV as first gen Android device from BB, there are multiple threads about tweaks with settings, 32 second reboots, battery replacements and running limited apps simultaneously.

At the end of the day, that’s why the new devices after the PRIV and DTEK have been true solutions for most.
    06-17-19 08:37 PM
    My Priv will not charge over 2%.
    While charging, It would flash red indicator till 2% and then it woild vibrate and start blinking yellow light and show the battery icon with the lightning bolt.

Whats happening?
    Your Micro-USB port is damaged from the inside of hardware by overheating. You have to replace it by an expert from a local telecom repair shop for $45,- or $50,-.

Because I did mine couple days ago and it's fixed. My Priv is charging again and works perfectly normal on daily basis and use.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-17-19 09:14 PM
    Your Micro-USB port is damaged from the inside of hardware by overheating. You have to replace it by an expert from a local telecom repair shop for $45,- or $50,-.

Because I did mine couple days ago and it's fixed. My Priv is charging again and works perfectly normal on daily basis and use.

Posted via CB10
    Either way, four year old device that has suffered the battery stresses the PRIV creates with daily use should, minimally, have been replaced at least once by now.

Like any vehicle manufactured with persistent alignment problem, tires only last so long and that’s not as long as usual even.
    06-18-19 09:29 AM
    Either way, four year old device that has suffered the battery stresses the PRIV creates with daily use should, minimally, have been replaced at least once by now.

Like any vehicle manufactured with persistent alignment problem, tires only last so long and that’s not as long as usual even.
    Definitely, I mean you can say goodbye to 5 hours SOT with the Priv on a 4 year old battery lol
    06-18-19 11:27 AM
    Definitely, I mean you can say goodbye to 5 hours SOT with the Priv on a 4 year old battery lol
    Alongside my awesome KEY2 Silver and gorgeous KEY2 Red Edition still use daily my PRIV which I got June 2016. It's the quality large screen, super fast log in to wifi, strong antenna for calls, form factor, flawless keyboard, great overall build, etc besides the negatives there is lots to like I think. Also it is the last BlackBerry built by BlackBerry before the change to TLC.
    06-18-19 11:51 AM
    Alongside my awesome KEY2 Silver and gorgeous KEY2 Red Edition still use daily my PRIV which I got June 2016. It's the quality large screen, super fast log in to wifi, strong antenna for calls, form factor, flawless keyboard, great overall build, etc besides the negatives there is lots to like I think. Also it is the last BlackBerry built by BlackBerry before the change to TLC.
    Are you still running on the original battery or did you have it swapped out?

I swapped batteries on my Priv more than once, it's very easy and definitely worth it if you've been using it for 3 years now.

I would check eBay first to see if you can find an original OEM one, and then maybe look elsewhere if eBay doesn't have any.
    Not sure if I would recommend trying a third party one.
    06-18-19 12:35 PM
    Are you still running on the original battery or did you have it swapped out?

I swapped batteries on my Priv more than once, it's very easy and definitely worth it if you've been using it for 3 years now.

I would check eBay first to see if you can find an original OEM one, and then maybe look elsewhere if eBay doesn't have any.
    Not sure if I would recommend trying a third party one.
    On OG battery! and running great. I do remove charge before reaches 10% and remove when reaches 90%. Using Quick charge.

But thanks for tip!
    06-18-19 12:38 PM