BlackBerry Priv on Wikipedia needs some help. The article is missing a pic of the device, info on the specs, as well as a section for Reception (and Sales, once the sales figures become available). Additionally, the page appears only in English and Chinese. (Samsung devices show up in 20-30 languages.)

If there's a way we CrackBerries can spread the word about the Priv, expanding and updating Wiki should be a good start.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv

Posted via CB10
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-27-15 04:12 PM
    10-27-15 06:26 PM
    The pic of the Priv that was uploaded to Wiki was an official BlackBerry image. It was deleted by an editor due to copyright infringement.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry Priv on Wikipedia needs some help. The article is missing a pic of the device, info on the specs, as well as a section for Reception (and Sales, once the sales figures become available). Additionally, the page appears only in English and Chinese. (Samsung devices show up in 20-30 languages.)

If there's a way we CrackBerries can spread the word about the Priv, expanding and updating Wiki should be a good start.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv

Posted via CB10
    I just added 2 sentences to the "Reception" section....
    10-28-15 09:17 AM
    The pic of the Priv that was uploaded to Wiki was an official BlackBerry image. It was deleted by an editor due to copyright infringement.
    I was afraid of that. Hopefully it is a temporary problem. I just checked the BlackBerry Media Galley and it now shows a bunch of Priv Images "View and download images of the latest BlackBerry smartphones and the executive team. - Canada." BlackBerry Passport for AT&T - Canada
    10-28-15 10:13 AM
    I was afraid of that. Hopefully it is a temporary problem. I just checked the BlackBerry Media Galley and it now shows a bunch of Priv Images "View and download images of the latest BlackBerry smartphones and the executive team. - Canada." BlackBerry Passport for AT&T - Canada
    If these are free of copyright, are you able to post one or two on Wikipedia? I'm not tech savvy enough. I do wish CB members would help edit this rather amateurish piece on Wikipedia. I think the OP's idea of same is inspired.
    10-28-15 12:56 PM
    If these are free of copyright, are you able to post one or two on Wikipedia? I'm not tech savvy enough. I do wish CB members would help edit this rather amateurish piece on Wikipedia. I think the OP's idea of same is inspired.
    I've submitted a request to Wikipedia have the images restored based on them now being freely available to download from the BlackBerry Priv Media Gallery.
    BlackBerry Passport for AT&T - Canada
    10-28-15 02:32 PM
    Hyper activity on the BlackBerry Priv Wiki page in the last 2 days... Calmly waiting for the mighty editors to pull up their sleeves and apply some broom work...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 04:55 PM
    I see there's a new image of the Priv posted to the article.
    10-31-15 11:53 AM
    Im gonna do some editing for the priv after halloween

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-31-15 07:28 PM
    Hey good job editing, guys! Thanks a bunch!

I didn't know John Chen said, "we have some really committed diehards. I respect that there's a lot of heritage here, a lot of pride. If the math doesn't add up, the math doesn't add up. We could keep the pride and die hungry or we can eat well and not so proud, maybe. So I chose to eat well. Its good for the company to continue to have a shot at building handsets."

Quite heartbreaking isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:46 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv

So I noticed today that the Reception section only includes the negative Ars review. Anyone want to expand on that, maybe add a picture as well?
    11-07-15 10:52 PM
    It's Wikipedia, you do know you can do it yourself, yeah?
    11-07-15 10:59 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv

So I noticed today that the Reception section only includes the negative Ars review. Anyone want to expand on that, maybe add a picture as well?
    Merged
    Harborcoat likes this.
    11-07-15 11:00 PM
    Oh thanks professor! I had no idea. Not like I wanted community input or anything.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-07-15 11:02 PM
    Yes, the Reception section on Wiki is extremely biased. The editor handpicked 1 bad review and ignored all other reviews.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:13 AM
    Yes I used to think that too. I added a couple of sentences as well to the Reception section. They were neutral insofar as pointing out at that time there was still a review embargo. I wanted to balance the negative PREVIEWS. They got deleted. Negative sh1t remained.
    11-08-15 11:26 AM
    BlackBerry Priv Espaol page was added to Wikipedia.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv

Posted via CrackBerry app for BlackBerry 10
    11-09-15 11:24 AM
    I see that the BlackBerry Priv page on Wikipedia was vastly expanded and updated, although it's still missing a pic of the device.

I noticed that several days ago a German BlackBerry Priv page was added to Wikipedia, only to be removed moments later by an editor... http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackberry_Priv

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    11-12-15 07:31 PM