Hi guys,

I attempted to ring Blackberry about this only to hear that they have scrapped the 'free 12 months complimentary support'...great, I had 2 months help!

I noticed yesterday when I received a phone call that despite the phone ringing/vibrating it was not displaying the screen with the name/number and the Red/Green dots to swipe and reject/answer. I thought this was odd but figured it was something that restarting the device would solve. I reset it and didn't think any more of it as I had no more incoming calls.

That was until this morning when I have received a number of calls and I am facing the same problem.

The only way that I can answer a call is by clicking the blue phone icon (bottom left) and clicking on 'return to in call progress' or something.

If anybody can assist that would be great!

Thanks

D

EDIT - just to make matters worse I have tried another reset and it has been stuck with the loading screen with the blue and white shapes for over 15 minutes now! Obviously can't remove battery so I guess I'll have to wait until the battery dies, charge it and hope it re-boots.
    Last edited by doomer17; 04-12-17 at 05:27 AM.
    04-12-17 05:00 AM
    Hello does sound like very odd behaviour. Check the following : got to phone app and settings top right 3 dots and select settings, go to calling accounts check that 3 settings there are all on there are 3 tick boxes. Close the app. Now go into settings of phone, apps, phone, check all permissions are enabled. Then do a 32 second hard reset holding down Power button. Let's see how it goes
    04-12-17 05:54 AM
    Hi Rico, thanks for your reply!

Prior to receiving your reply I followed the below from another post:

AAP31
    i have been on several forums and sites to try and solve the problem of the screen remaining black when receiving incoming calls.

i spent 10 minutes on the phone to blackberry helpline and this is the solution:

go to main applications screen > scroll down until you see the 'Phone' icon > press and hold on this icon > drag the icon to the top of the screen where it will say 'app info' > you will see a new screen > click on 'Notifications' > disable the Block all option > 3 new options will appear underneath > they should be set as the following, Treat as priority = disabled > Allow peeking = enabled > hide sensitive content = disabled

this only happened after a software update and now the phone works perfectly

hope this helped! ive been going mad trying to sort this out!!!!

The outcome was the phone calls now display at the top of the phone (the name appears with Answer, send response, or reject) but still NO swipe in call progress menu.

Its worth noting that if I answer the call I do get the normal menu but not until?

Going back to your reply - I did step 1 and all three were ticked so I went to the permissions and turned ALL options to on (only 1 and 4 were enabled previously). I've just done the hard reset (holding down the power button) and I still have the same problem.
    04-12-17 06:09 AM
    Hello this is very odd. Sorry did not work.
    Another more extreme option would be a Factory reset and install fresh OS and see if it works.
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

But let's see any other ideas to solve your issue!

Folks?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 04:17 AM
    The outcome was the phone calls now display at the top of the phone (the name appears with Answer, send response, or reject) but still NO swipe in call progress menu.

Its worth noting that if I answer the call I do get the normal menu but not until?
    I'm not quite sure if I understand what exactly happens now? Do you get the options to answer a call or not?

If your phone is "sleeping" when you receive a call, you get the full-screen menu to answer or reject it. If you're using the phone when you receive a phonecall you only get the notification from the top with options to answer etc. That's normal behaviour. If you disable Phone app's notifications, you will be in trouble.
    04-14-17 05:19 AM