Months away from Crackberry and all those news for me.. the only thing I can think of is what was the guys thinking when decided to choose such a name? What would you say.. "Hey, it's a BlackBerry Priv.." it sounds so ridiculous that I'd like to believe it was a joke. Priv with Android and no choice for bb10? No, thanks, the phone looks amazing but I've been down that road and hopefully I will have a choice to not go back. None of those "apps from Google store" I need to survive. Happy with things as they are. What you guys are thinking about the name? Why would they choose such a name?

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-11-15 09:46 AM
    The name might not be clever, but opening another thread complaining about the name when there are countless threads about it, isn't that clever either I must say...
    10-11-15 10:11 AM
    The name grows on you.....Even if at first it seems weird, but lets face it, the passport was an awesome name but it didn't translate to high sales.
    Having said that I would've preferred something with a more aggressive undertone,like "stealth" or "blade".
    10-11-15 10:20 AM
    Sounds like the company felt your opinion didn't matter on the OS and/or name so they didn't ask you first.

Don't take it personal. If you're running a billion dollar company with an OS that 99%+ of the market doesn't want, the opinions from the remaining .3% marketshare that I'm losing money on doesn't matter. It only matters what it takes in order to earn anybody else's business that likes android. BB10 supporters had their chance and more left to join Android or IOS than cared to stay. The battle was lost three years ago when BB10 rolled out with no real app ecosystem. The war lost almost 9 years ago when IOS rolled out and was dismissed as competition and pretty much same time Android rolled. The company should have embraced Android then.

Give the company it's only chance to survive in hardware a chance, however slim that might be. Your infighting won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 and anon(2313227) like this.
    10-11-15 10:32 AM
    Months away from Crackberry and all those news for me.. the only thing I can think of is what was the guys thinking when decided to choose such a name? What would you say.. "Hey, it's a BlackBerry Priv.." it sounds so ridiculous that I'd like to believe it was a joke. Priv with Android and no choice for bb10? No, thanks, the phone looks amazing but I've been down that road and hopefully I will have a choice to not go back. None of those "apps from Google store" I need to survive. Happy with things as they are. What you guys are thinking about the name? Why would they choose such a name?

Thanks for starting a new thread about the name, couldn't find any of those.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:27 PM
    I was wondering why nobody in Crackberry nation was talking about the name. Thank goodness for this one and only thread about it.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    MO3iusONE and anon(2313227) like this.
    10-11-15 01:21 PM
    Beating a dead horse, move on.
    10-11-15 03:05 PM
    Priv is better than Perv. Since it is a cross device and conceals it's physical keyboard pretending it doesn't have one it should be called the Perv because it's essentially a transvestite.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:07 PM
    Thanks for starting a new thread about the name, couldn't find any of those.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome
    Perhaps I should hang around a little bit more, so, I could've seen that the thread already existed before.

Doggerz likes this.
    10-13-15 07:37 AM
    You're welcome
    Perhaps I should hang around a little bit more, so, I could've seen that the thread already existed before.

I, for one, never get tired of this subject.
    It's a horrid name. Offensive and childish.
    Would it have killed them to take pride in a name?
    Even if a good name brought in only a few more customers than a bad name wouldn't it be worth it?

I'm glad you posted because new reactions to this name are wonderful to see. If you stick around Crackberry enough you'll start to doubt your good sense because everyone else is in love with whatever JC does.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-13-15 08:04 AM
    Insobordinate and childesh.
    10-13-15 10:20 AM
    Since you're a week late to the discussion I'm checking in a week late to your thread. No comment.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 10:48 AM
    You're welcome

You mean thread"S" as in plural. But that's ok. Maybe you can start one about the slider being available with BB10.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    10-13-15 05:51 PM