That's the answer I got when I went to Rogers, Telus, Bell, Fido, Wind and Virgin Mobility stores in one of the most upscale malls in Vancouver and asked when they are getting the Priv. No idea of pricing either. The only BlackBerry products they all had in the store was Classic and one place had a Leap. They had dummy Passports too. The only carrier that had a functional Passport available was Rogers but the unit they had was not charged. We all know we have the best phones but our beloved brand is in total obscurity. We all hope that Priv will bring BlackBerry back into the spotlight but there is no guarantee that this will happen. I keep thinking about the famous line from the Star Trek - "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated".

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    10-31-15 09:20 PM
    You're surprised?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:33 PM
    I'm not surprised, these franchised outlets are in the business of selling contracts for the phones they have in stock. That will change once the Priv arrives and is put on display.
    10-31-15 09:40 PM
    I'm not surprised, these franchised outlets are in the business of selling contracts for the phones they have in stock. That will change once the Priv arrives and is put on display.
    It appears some stores got them today. Might stop by Telus tomorrow to see if they have a demo unit.
    10-31-15 10:13 PM
    Surprising that they don't have dummy units in Vancouver. My area had a dummy unit in the stock room. I asked about the Priv while checking out the xperia z5, and she ran back to the back and came back with the dummy unit so I could check it out too. They don't have final pricing and don't expect to get it until the 5th. They expect working units on Monday, but no confirmation if they will actually come then or end of week.
    10-31-15 10:28 PM
    It appears some stores got them today. Might stop by Telus tomorrow to see if they have a demo unit.
    What? Where's this?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:31 PM
    Suspect you will be there at 9am...
    10-31-15 10:31 PM
    This is nothing new. Blackberry is even more horribly marketed here in Southeast Asia.
    No information, wrong information. There is actually reverse marketing in effect here where we have some of the carrier agents informing customers that blackberry is no longer "supported" here at all or by their company even if it's not the case. LOL.

That's the answer I got when I went to Rogers, Telus, Bell, Fido, Wind and Virgin Mobility stores in one of the most upscale malls in Vancouver and asked when they are getting the Priv. No idea of pricing either. The only BlackBerry products they all had in the store was Classic and one place had a Leap. They had dummy Passports too. The only carrier that had a functional Passport available was Rogers but the unit they had was not charged. We all know we have the best phones but our beloved brand is in total obscurity. We all hope that Priv will bring BlackBerry back into the spotlight but there is no guarantee that this will happen. I keep thinking about the famous line from the Star Trek - "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated".

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    10-31-15 10:46 PM
    What? Where's this?

Posted via CB10
    One guy responded over at RFD.
    10-31-15 10:48 PM
    Mall doesn't open till 11... plus I got a crapload of laundry to do....
    10-31-15 10:49 PM
    One guy responded over at RFD.
    RFD?

Edit: Red Flag Deals got it lol. Care to share the link?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:53 PM
    a crapload ....
    TMI but photos if you hit pay dirt?
    10-31-15 10:54 PM
    RFD?

Edit: Red Flag Deals got it lol. Care to share the link?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Priv (Android OS) - Page 9 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
    tufcustomer likes this.
    10-31-15 10:56 PM
    Last time I walked in a Telus outlet and asked what was the better phone, 4 of the 5 employees said Samsung and one said iphone. I asked about BB, they couldn't say much. So ya marketing on the frontlines is essential. Give the employees incentives let them try a phone for a week.
    10-31-15 11:28 PM
    Front line retail staff aren't told anything until the phones hit the kiosks. Welcome to current marketing practices from all the manufacturers and cell companies. Quite often the customers are better informed on what's available.
    11-01-15 12:14 AM
    So my fact finding mission was a failure. Although some positive notes, all 3 carrier stores have all the devices with Wi-Fi on. The Telus employee was knowledgable about the Priv as well.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-01-15 11:53 AM
    We went in to a Rogers store yesterday to check out plans, etc and were told the phones will be in on Friday and we could pick it up that day.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:01 PM