I'd be very surprised if an announcement was made tomorrow. BlackBerry is in their blackout period. It's more likely that an announcement will be made at the earnings call, Google event or re/code.

For those of you who don't know what a blackout period is.

During a Quiet Period, a publicly listed company cannot make any announcements about anything that could cause a normal investor to change their position on the company's stock. Normally, that means the company does not discuss any of the following:

New deals or wins signed in that current quarter. Announcements about previously sold implementations going live are allowed but must be explicitly described as such.
    Management changes
    Progress against company goals
    MAJOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Major partnership announcements

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_period

Posted via CB10
    I know about blackout period. Didn't know they were in one at the moment. If so, then obviously nothing is gonna happen tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:14 PM
    If only it didn't have the keyboard and looked "similar" to the Z30 as in a full touch device would be spot on.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    09-22-15 10:50 PM
    Sept. 23 is here and no announcements yet.
    09-22-15 11:28 PM
    What time is it in germany?

Venice time yet?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 11:38 PM
    Waiting for my iPhone 6s plus pre-order to come in. Ordered it the day the Venice video broke. First non BlackBerry phone I have bought in 8 years. If I wanted Android I would have bought a Samsung. I don't want Android, much less one made by BlackBerry with apps slapped on top of vanilla Android. If I'm going to switch platforms, might as well go to the one the developers support best, that gets quick updates, and an OS optimized for the hardware. Talk is cheap!

Posted via Z30
    It's a good platform. You won't be disappointed, but do be prepared for some "why the $&#@ can't I do X" moments. iOS has its share of quirks, most notably file management and email sucks. Remember to turn on iOS file management via iCloud Drive in the iCloud settings on the phone. By default you don't see the icon for the iCloud Drive. Also, to add an attachment to an email in the default client you have to press and hold in an email. That will pop up an option to add an attachment. Also, you can't be on a BlackBerry plan if you want to get visual voicemail (you have to be on an iPhone plan), as well as MMS. There are lots of other considerations, but you'll find out over time.

By the way, I have three iPhone 6S Plus devices on order as well, keeping one and selling two. I'm still going to pick up the Venice once it is released. Between it, the 6S Plus, and the Passport, I have every situation covered.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:14 AM
    Really? Maybe that carrier isn't getting it? Because there was a document that means it was already tested by said carrier... wonder what carrier you're mentioning? Let me guess, wind or telus?
    dc2000....well its the 23rd at 06.41 just got back from walking the dogs and I don't see or hear anything new ???????????????
    09-23-15 12:43 AM
    dc2000....well its the 23rd at 06.41 just got back from walking the dogs and I don't see or hear anything new ???????????????
    lol don't be that guy even if something is announced it's not done till late afternoon. Proof? Check out the Classic and Passport's launch event.

Posted via CB10
    awirboy likes this.
    09-23-15 12:49 AM
    lol don't be that guy even if something is announced it's not done till late afternoon. Proof? Check out the Classic and Passport's launch event.

Posted via CB10
    lol had to be done sat having my coffee before I get to work
    09-23-15 01:00 AM
    According to my guy who tests phones for carriers in Canada, he hasn't gotten his hands of the venice yet.
    I just remembered, wasn't there a Slider "venice" for sale on the forums for "$1000 OBO" that was locked to Telus, it's clear all the carriers have finished their carrier testing. I can name two out of the "big 3" that have tested it based on previous info/current info.
    09-23-15 01:14 AM
    Anyone know what time the German shop event is happening?
    09-23-15 01:18 AM
    Anyone know what time the German shop event is happening?
    seems like it's going on now
    https://translate.googleusercontent....kPtAL388tKkAlA

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and dusanvn like this.
    09-23-15 01:31 AM
    All those people who slam Android because of security, now saying its the best thing for BB. Hypocrites
    jope28 and satchit like this.
    09-23-15 01:42 AM
    All those people who slam Android because of security, now saying its the best thing for BB. Hypocrites
    Nope. I still say and believe it's not as good as BlackBerry 10.

Don't make the mistake and put everyone into the same corner.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-23-15 01:51 AM
    Nobody is saying that Android is better than BB10 as a standalone OS. But, you see even people here on CB struggle with the app situation. If we as fans struggle with this , could you imagine a normal consumer doing all this work just to get apps.

Blackberry came too late to the OS was; now it's an ecosystem war, which BB10 already lost.

The FACT is that BB10 is selling less and less phones. I truly believe they must at least attempt Android before shutting down the hardware division, and IMHO this is the last chance for the hardware division to be profitable.
    09-23-15 01:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly as expected, pop up store is up. No connection to Venice.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-23-15 02:01 AM
    Exactly as expected, pop up store is up. No connection to Venice.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    09-23-15 02:14 AM
    Blackberry came too late to the OS was; now it's an ecosystem war, which BB10 already lost.
    Most popular argument on CB lately. "BB10 has long been dead / BB10 didn't stand a chance / BB10 was a failure from the start".
    Same thing Elop said before screwing Nokia. Make it appear like there's no alternative anymore. Write "FACT" in capitals, so that it's even more unavoidable. Suggest that it's too late to even try steering the boat. It has always been too late, there's nothing we can do.
    Fine politician speech. Make people accept one specific choice as the only possible outcome of a situation, when it has never been the only possibility. It's really unbearably annoying.

BB10 could have been saved, and it has not been. There's no intrinsic failure in BB10, there's failure in BB's strategy.
    BB is selling less and less phones with BB10 because X, Y, Z, A, B, C.
    It's not like BB10 can sell itself, you know.
    Mr Mozi likes this.
    09-23-15 02:18 AM
    09-23-15 02:20 AM
    OMG SO COOL THANKS FOR THE REVIEW DC200!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 02:26 AM
    -.-

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-23-15 02:27 AM
    HOLY ****!!! Dc2000, you RIOCK!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 02:28 AM
    Bla1ze..It's like 9.30 here in Europe..Why you still awake??
    Please, lemme believe you that yesterday you took a flight for Frankfurt because within hours there will be an announcement ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 02:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    You da real mvp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-23-15 02:50 AM
    Here's a big can of nopeee
    09-23-15 02:52 AM
    Holy ****, had no idea blackberry was implementing that into the new slider. I'm sold!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-23-15 02:53 AM
350 ... 34567 ...