According to my guy who tests phones for carriers in Canada, he hasn't gotten his hands of the venice yet.
    spiller likes this.
    09-22-15 05:23 PM
    Lol. Thats silly. Never heard that before

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    It's a real thing. Certainly around IPOs but also to a lesser degree just before quarterly earnings are released for any publicly traded company. I agree, it would be very odd to announce 2 days before the earnings call. It could get a hard look but might not technically be a rule violation.
    09-22-15 05:23 PM
    We'll see who was part of the "BB10 or Bust" movement line up to get this phone. Talk is cheap, and I bet all those nay-sayers will flock to the stores/online to buy it. I could be wrong, but Android is BlackBerry's future when it comes to the consumer base(BB10 will exist for Enterprise I'd assume).

I've said this before, but I haven't been so exited for a phone since.... The Droid 3 on Bell with the slide out qwerty. That thing was incredible.
    This will be 10x better.
    If the slider is a BlackBerry platform device, I'd be the first to buy it. I've bought every BB flagship for years, but if it's just an Android phone with a physical keyboard, I'm going to wait to see what MS offers at with the Lumia 950XL or maybe go with the 6s. Today's reports that the iPhone 7 will be buttonless and run by gestures is just one more thing leading me to the conclusion that Apple will be making the BB10 devices of the future. With so many of Thor's A-list hitters, like Sebastian and Vivek, at Apple, and our team populated by the likes of John Chen, who is kind of anti-innovation, well, it seems like BlackBerry might be just a software company and device-maker that doesn't have a platform. No real reason to stick around. Android sucks, but if it didn't, I'd buy a better Android phone than the Venice. (Maybe, the Xperia Z5 Premium 4k...
    09-22-15 05:40 PM
    So..it's the 23rd here in Europe! Where's the Venice?? Where is it?? I couldn't see it!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

=)
    Seriously, I am going crazy! Need to know if there will also be a BB10 version, how they have implemented the hub and universal search on the Android one, how much will it cost, if there will be a white variant, a silver variant....
    Where is Yoda and his patience when it's needed!!

Posted via CB10
    dararede likes this.
    09-22-15 05:43 PM
    penicillin is a hell of a drug....
    Not gonna do jack if it's fungal.
    09-22-15 07:00 PM
    According to my guy who tests phones for carriers in Canada, he hasn't gotten his hands of the venice yet.
    Really? Maybe that carrier isn't getting it? Because there was a document that means it was already tested by said carrier... wonder what carrier you're mentioning? Let me guess, wind or telus?
    09-22-15 07:08 PM
    I'd be very surprised if an announcement was made tomorrow. BlackBerry is in their blackout period. It's more likely that an announcement will be made at the earnings call, Google event or re/code.

For those of you who don't know what a blackout period is.

During a Quiet Period, a publicly listed company cannot make any announcements about anything that could cause a normal investor to change their position on the company's stock. Normally, that means the company does not discuss any of the following:

New deals or wins signed in that current quarter. Announcements about previously sold implementations going live are allowed but must be explicitly described as such.
    Management changes
    Progress against company goals
    MAJOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Major partnership announcements

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_period

Posted via CB10
    vgorous, ayngling and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-22-15 07:18 PM
    But Chen also wanted to let the BlackBerry faithful know that BlackBerry 10 is not being replaced by Android. "We don't comment on rumors and speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched." This comment should soothe BlackBerry users worried that the company is about to make a full conversion to Android
    Read more at Cell Phone News - Phone Arena.

BlackBerry CEO Chen says the company needs to return to the days when owning a 'Berry was a 'badge of honor'
    09-22-15 07:38 PM
    I'd be very surprised if an announcement was made tomorrow. BlackBerry is in their blackout period. It's more likely that an announcement will be made at the earnings call, Google event or re/code.

For those of you who don't know what a blackout period is.

During a Quiet Period, a publicly listed company cannot make any announcements about anything that could cause a normal investor to change their position on the company's stock. Normally, that means the company does not discuss any of the following:

New deals or wins signed in that current quarter. Announcements about previously sold implementations going live are allowed but must be explicitly described as such.
    Management changes
    Progress against company goals
    MAJOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Major partnership announcements

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_period

Posted via CB10
    Would you just stop with your logical thinking here! We want to be irrational, then in a depression state, then hear the next rumors and start it all over again! :P

... Never thought of that though
    jope28, dejanh and FF22 like this.
    09-22-15 07:39 PM
    Really? Maybe that carrier isn't getting it? Because there was a document that means it was already tested by said carrier... wonder what carrier you're mentioning? Let me guess, wind or telus?
    He's with telus , maybe telus isn't picking it before others?
    jope28 likes this.
    09-22-15 07:52 PM
    He's with telus , maybe telus isn't picking it before others?
    You shouldn't shine a spotlight on the dude.
    You can't narrow down the source of leaks ahhahahaha

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-22-15 07:55 PM
    Android is what is wrong with the 'Venice'. This device should be running BlackBerry 10 with google play services and their lame google play store, not full blown AIDS, whoops I meant android.
    will308 and Mr Mozi like this.
    09-22-15 07:57 PM
    Android is what is wrong with the 'Venice'. This device should be running BlackBerry 10 with google play services and their lame google play store, not full blown AIDS, whoops I meant android.
    And to do that, you have to run android

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and TGR1 like this.
    09-22-15 08:08 PM
    Thank you for this brilliant contribution. You sound super smart.
    09-22-15 08:10 PM
    I have no expectations for tomorrow so no disappointment is possible for me
    09-22-15 08:36 PM
    We'll see who was part of the "BB10 or Bust" movement line up to get this phone. Talk is cheap, and I bet all those nay-sayers will flock to the stores/online to buy it. I could be wrong, but Android is BlackBerry's future when it comes to the consumer base(BB10 will exist for Enterprise I'd assume).

I've said this before, but I haven't been so exited for a phone since.... The Droid 3 on Bell with the slide out qwerty. That thing was incredible.
    This will be 10x better.
    Waiting for my iPhone 6s plus pre-order to come in. Ordered it the day the Venice video broke. First non BlackBerry phone I have bought in 8 years. If I wanted Android I would have bought a Samsung. I don't want Android, much less one made by BlackBerry with apps slapped on top of vanilla Android. If I'm going to switch platforms, might as well go to the one the developers support best, that gets quick updates, and an OS optimized for the hardware. Talk is cheap!

Posted via Z30
    09-22-15 09:07 PM
    Waiting for my iPhone 6s plus pre-order to come in. Ordered it the day the Venice video broke. First non BlackBerry phone I have bought in 8 years. If I wanted Android I would have bought a Samsung. I don't want Android, much less one made by BlackBerry with apps slapped on top of vanilla Android. If I'm going to switch platforms, might as well go to the one the developers support best, that gets quick updates, and an OS optimized for the hardware. Talk is cheap!

Posted via Z30
    Enjoy your walled garden and kool-aid.
    Xaiux, MO3iusONE, ayngling and 1 others like this.
    09-22-15 09:12 PM
    No, you don't. BlackBerry 10 as well as Jolla both have android players built in as well as the ability to get Google play services. So, this is possible. It is also possible on Windows 10. So, you're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:15 PM
    You DO NOT need android to have google play services work. What rock you been under brahrbuhrah?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:16 PM
    Would you just stop with your logical thinking here! We want to be irrational, then in a depression state, then hear the next rumors and start it all over again! :P

... Never thought of that though
    Easy solution: If no announcement is made tomorrow then we riot!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jope28, will308 and astrodan13 like this.
    09-22-15 09:17 PM
    You DO NOT need android to have google play services work. What rock you been under brahrbuhrah?

Posted via CB10
    No, but Android all around is better.
    09-22-15 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Except 95% of consumers don't know how or don't want to bother installing the workarounds required for these things to work.
    DINGSTER1, LuvULongTime and SMocek like this.
    09-22-15 09:22 PM
    Not gonna do jack if it's fungal.
    so lamisil or a topical antifungal then...
    jope28 and jakie55 like this.
    09-22-15 09:55 PM
    Guaranteed no announcement tomorrow. Like others said, they legally can't announce any major products in the blackout period.
    winscott63 likes this.
    09-22-15 10:02 PM
    so lamisil or a topical antifungal then...
    That can be tricky
    Attachment 372605
    Attachment 372606

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-22-15 10:07 PM
350 ... 23456 ...