The only thing I'm aware of for the 23rd is the German pop-up store. Is this what this post is referring to?
    09-22-15 07:51 AM
    I'm absolutely ready! Hope my doctor has the test results of that rash on my groin.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    priceless
    09-22-15 08:12 AM
    The only thing I'm aware of for the 23rd is the German pop-up store. Is this what this post is referring to?
    That would be cool, but I doubt it. If it is then I will gladly fly to Frankfurt to buy one.
    09-22-15 08:12 AM
    Wouldn't Sept 25 be a significant date? That's when the earnings call is, right?
    southlander likes this.
    09-22-15 08:14 AM
    But, but, but... it's only the beginning. With an Android OS on BlackBerry, this is the first of many more devices and a beginning of a wonderful friendship.(BB/Google)
    Yeah, I'd guess there will be some fine tuning of their flavour of Android as they better discern what their customers want. And to further differentiate themselves from the other oems. Exciting times, I hope you're right about tomorrow being the announcement.
    09-22-15 08:19 AM
    no, he just got the information from me.... LOL. don't fool anyone. I leaked the date..
    How certain are you? Remember, you can't talk your way out of this, if nothing happens tomorrow.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-22-15 08:21 AM
    We'll see who was part of the "BB10 or Bust" movement line up to get this phone. Talk is cheap, and I bet all those nay-sayers will flock to the stores/online to buy it. I could be wrong, but Android is BlackBerry's future when it comes to the consumer base(BB10 will exist for Enterprise I'd assume).

I've said this before, but I haven't been so exited for a phone since.... The Droid 3 on Bell with the slide out qwerty. That thing was incredible.
    This will be 10x better.
    Exactly! I imported the Droid 3 several times (I live in German) and was so in lovee with the phone. And since then I was hoping for a new Android Slider to be released. Well it seems the wait is finally over!!!

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and ayngling like this.
    09-22-15 08:33 AM
    For those that don't know. Yes the pop-up store's grand opening is tomorrow. HOWEVER, we have reason to believe, according to the knowledge bomb dropped by dc2000, the slider will also be revealed tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-15 09:05 AM
    I don't want to be THAT guy and I trust dc2000's leak but I am realizing that if for some reason nothing is announced tomorrow there will be a total meltdown in this forum.. Just saying...

That said, I can't wait for tomorrow's reveal or my personal meltdown.
    09-22-15 09:06 AM
    I don't want to be THAT guy and I trust dc2000's leak but I am realizing that if for some reason nothing is announced tomorrow there will be a total meltdown in this forum.. Just saying...

That said, I can't wait for tomorrow's reveal or my personal meltdown.
    Couldn't have said it any better haha

09-22-15 09:07 AM
    For those that don't know. Yes the pop-up store's grand opening is tomorrow. HOWEVER, we have reason to believe, according to the knowledge bomb dropped by dc2000, the slider will also be revealed tomorrow.

Press opening for the store is tonight! But I can't imagine they are going to unveil the slider at such an event.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-22-15 09:14 AM
    Updated the title...
    09-22-15 09:24 AM
    September 25th is the reporting date for the Company. Nothing significant will be announce until after/during that call. It's called the quiet period. An Android device released by BlackBerry could juice the stock either way, hence it wouldn't be announced.

Now if it was a Google partnership device and Google announces it...well that's different...I think.

Other than that...September 23th will be Wednesday....
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-22-15 09:31 AM
    I'll be the first to apologize and say I'm wrong, but I wouldn't put too much faith in people that say stuff on forums lol
    I'm hoping there's an announcement or even better I can buy it soon but I wouldn't hold my breath

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-22-15 09:41 AM
    I'm waiting till Friday
    09-22-15 09:45 AM
    September 25th is the reporting date for the Company. Nothing significant will be announce until after/during that call. It's called the quiet period. An Android device released by BlackBerry could juice the stock either way, hence it wouldn't be announced.

Now if it was a Google partnership device and Google announces it...well that's different...I think.

Other than that...September 23th will be Wednesday....
    And, the first day of autumn.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    09-22-15 09:48 AM
    No matter what happens tomorrow , Venice will flood the streets in November :-P
    https://www.google.fr/search?q=novem...=lnms&tbm=isch
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    09-22-15 09:53 AM
    Would it be quite wrong of me to start singing Carly Simon's "Anticipation" out loud?
    Do any Canadians remember that the song was used for a Heinz Ketchup commercial (where the thickness of the ketchup was supposed to be a positive thing or something). Also, the "Nobody Softens Better" fabric softener commercial? Carly must have been having money problems in the late 70s / early 80s... which is odd because that's when she was very popular... ah, licensing.

We'll see who was part of the "BB10 or Bust" movement line up to get this phone. Talk is cheap, and I bet all those nay-sayers will flock to the stores/online to buy it. I could be wrong, but Android is BlackBerry's future when it comes to the consumer base(BB10 will exist for Enterprise I'd assume).
    I'm sure there are BB fans who will buy anything... but $800 is a lot of money for something that wouldn't ever be my daily driver. I have a Nexus 5 (which is an excellent device even today) that I paid $350 CDN for, and a Galaxy S4 I got used for $180 (which is also an excellent device) but to pay $800 for another Android device that I'm sure I will like fine, but not use as my DD? Nope.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-22-15 at 11:39 AM.
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-22-15 09:55 AM
    Said this on another thread:
    Can't imagine the disappointment and the agony when tomorrow comes and goes without the launch LOL
    then we will wait for 25th earnings call and then 29th during Google's event and then... and then...

Personally I'm leaning towards 29th. Imagine it to go like this...
    Chen: Eric, I'm launching the slider on 23rd! On the opening of the Pop up store in Germany.
    Eric Schmidt: No, John. BlackBerry's marketing team sucks. Leave it to us. We will do it during the Google event on 29th.
    Chen: ... okay
    09-22-15 09:58 AM
    Said this on another thread:
    Can't imagine the disappointment and the agony when tomorrow comes and goes without the launch LOL
    then we will wait for 25th earnings call and then 29th during Google's event and then... and then...

Personally I'm leaning towards 29th. Imagine it to go like this...
    Chen: Eric, I'm launching the slider on 23rd! On the opening of the Pop up store in Germany.
    Eric Schmidt: No, John. BlackBerry's marketing team sucks. Leave it to us. We will do it during the Google event on 29th.
    Chen: ... okay
    Hilarious and possible.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    09-22-15 10:17 AM
    If you are anxiously waiting for news, wait until Sept. 25 of the earning day for new devices or its direction to the future. I'm sure someone will ask them about the new device Android Slider, so stay tune.
    09-22-15 10:30 AM
    This is what he is exciting about: "The pop-up shop will open Sept. 23 in Frankfurt’s popular MyZeil shopping mall."
    09-22-15 10:32 AM
    I'm sure there are BB fans who will buy anything... but $800 is a lot of money for something that wouldn't ever be my daily driver. I have a Nexus 5 (which is an excellent device even today) that I paid $350 CDN for, and a Galaxy S4 I got used for $180 (which is also an excellent device) but to pay $800 for another Android device that I'm sure I will like fine, but not use as my DD? Nope.
    Read an article a few weeks ago (when Verizon changed their plans), and that was what they were saying was that consumers were not interested in paying for flagship Android devices. More and more consumers were buying cheaper phones or used phones and then shopping around for the lowest cell/data plans. And that is why carriers are moving away from subsides built into their plans. Not to save them money on expensive subsides, but to meet the needs of how consumers were choosing to buy the phones themselves and then buy the plans.

Go check EBay or Amazon and see what the top selling devices are in unlocked smartphones.... pull out that Apple devices and you'll find a lot of $150 - $400 smartphones. Top of the list is the Nexus 6 for $350 USD....

I think it will all come down to the keyboard and how much someone is willing to pay to get it. Along with if customers even know the phone exists... BlackBerry is going to have to do some major marketing to make people aware of this phone. And they are going to have to work with carriers to make sure the phones are in stores and are featured.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-22-15 10:37 AM
    Bla1ze is probably like, I wonder when I should post my hands on review article. We know you have a slider Bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    What makes you think Bla1ze has the slider, or any other unreleased BlackBerry device for that matter?

09-22-15 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry Priv waiting room!-crackberry-image-129-.jpg

=G damm!
    09-22-15 10:41 AM
350 1234 ...