Hello,

On I got the priv about 2 days ago. I had an S6 that ended up with a cracked screen. Long story short, go the priv to replace it.

There are a few things that people have reported that I disagree with and here are my thoughts :

1) priv on got really hot while I was loading all my Apps and stuff. After that, it runs cool.

2) I they keyboard is small but highly functional. I have no problem typing this message using it.

3) the S6 felt sturdier. Whether that ends up being true or not, only time will tell us.

4) S6 is faster. Now that could be related to afew bugs in the os on the priv but the s6 really lagged.

5) the hub is GREAT but buggy. Not quite as good as on BlackBerry 10 but much better than what anyone else has to offer in the android world.

6) camera is not bad at all but the stock photo App sucks. It really needs something more like what Samsung has.

Finally, I think if BlackBerry keep updating the software continuously over ther next few months, and the priv and BlackBerry will become a reference name in the android market. I'd recommend a priv no problem if it wasn't the price. It's too expensive at the moment and you don't get much of a premium over the other high end phones selling for less. It's a great smartphone. They have to cut the price by 150 to make it work.

Thanks

PS: Edit -> Forgot one big point: Priv comes stripped of all the Samsung crap that can't be uninstalled. That's a wicked bug bonus. The S6 runs with about 750mb of RAM free after it just booted. The priv has over 1.5 GB. They both have a comparable setup and the same apps installed for what I use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    martinjdub, FF22, Greened and 7 others like this.
    12-21-15 07:12 AM
    Yeah. BlackBerry is likely trying to get rid of the bugs in the OS.
    For everyone who says it's too buggy it's a new os. (slightly modified android) what was iOS 1 like? What was android cupcake like? All new OSes have bugs.

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    12-21-15 07:34 AM
    For everyone who says it's too buggy it's a new os. (slightly modified android) what was iOS 1 like? What was android cupcake like? All new OSes have bugs.

Oh is Android new?
    lift, kertong, kbz1960 and 3 others like this.
    12-21-15 07:47 AM
    Oh is Android new?
    It might as well be with the amount of CPU the Android System uses on my device.

BB10 wasnt this battery draining.

But with one update since its release, its already tons better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-15 07:51 AM
    Cut price? Not when they are constantly out of stock.
    Cut price soon? Not before it's launched in 31 new markets in Q4.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-15 07:59 AM
    Oh is Android new?
    Is Android new.....Really? Your snark is noted.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv.
    12-21-15 08:05 AM
    Oh is Android new?
    No... but this is modified android. Not actual android. It is close though. There is bound to be bugs when the priv has been out for only a month.

12-21-15 08:22 AM
    No... but this is modified android. Not actual android. It is close though. There is bound to be bugs when the priv has been out for only a month.

Uh no, its actual Android with some blackberry apps and tweaks added to it.
    Mecca EL, mister2d, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    12-21-15 08:24 AM

I'm glad you noted it.
    Mecca EL, HyperM3 and mister2d like this.
    12-21-15 08:24 AM

Settle down Quinny. Your response to his snark has also been noted and the authorities have been dispatched.
    kbz1960 and mister2d like this.
    12-21-15 08:25 AM
    Uh no, its actual Android with some blackberry apps and tweaks added to it.
    I guess you're right but still the BlackBerry apps and tweaks are new and will still have glitches.

12-21-15 08:26 AM
    Just got my Priv yesterday and so far very impressed. Bit of learning curve in terms of Android e.g. where the heck do I find this and that... BB10 is cleaner and more efficient for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-15 08:43 AM
    If BlackBerry is serious, they should be at least cooking up an updated Priv by now... S7 coming next quarter.

China Mobile confirms March 2016 launch for Samsung Galaxy S7 - GSMArena.com news

I would at least bump the memory to 4GB to bring it on par with the V10.
    12-21-15 09:08 AM

But that's the thing, it's not a new OS. It's not even a skin that BlackBerry is overlaying on Android like Samsung. This is plain vanilla Android 5.1.1 with a few BlackBerry added apks.

There are two main reasons I'm waiting to purchase the Priv or any Android device BlackBerry puts out.

1) Price: as OP stated the Priv isn't as Premium a phone as the money they're asking for it.

2) The HUB: I realize there might be some Android integration related limitations but the HUB should have lunched as close to BlackBerry 10 functionality and performance.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-21-15 09:29 AM

Umm, no - if they decide to go with last years version of Android, you just can't make that claim. Android 5.1.1 is tried and tested. It should not be buggy.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-21-15 09:33 AM
    Umm, no - if they decide to go with last years version of Android, you just can't make that claim. Android 5.1.1 is tried and tested. It should not be buggy.
    But the BlackBerry tweaks aren't from last year

12-21-15 09:39 AM
    Cut price? Not when they are constantly out of stock.
    Cut price soon? Not before it's launched in 31 new markets in Q4.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    It has continuously been in stock on shopblackberry since the end of November. It has NOT been sold out since.
    lift and Spinal like this.
    12-21-15 09:46 AM
    It has continuously been in stock on shopblackberry since the end of November. It has NOT been sold out since.
    Amazon.com (as seller) has pulled it for a while, and Amazon.ca never really had any stock. However EPP orders have been shipping fast.
    12-21-15 10:21 AM

Last time I checked the Priv it was using stock Android. Nothing modified at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:41 AM
    Nothing modified? Is that sarcasm? It's not stock if it has anything new added to it that nexus phones don't have out of the box.
    12-21-15 10:49 AM
    But the BlackBerry tweaks aren't from last year

They literally are - Blackberry started working on the Priv over a year ago.
    dejanh likes this.
    12-21-15 01:14 PM
    The Priv was updated from 5.1 to 5.1.1 like the rest of the previous released Androids had received. The exception is the new Nexus -reportedly shipped with Fluffy Marshmallows as the OS. The rest of the Androids are awaiting Marshmallow updates. As with any Smartphone, loading apps, multitasking, the device will get warm and others will feel hot. When you're done loading, it will eventually cool down. At least all of mine- Androids, iPhone(s), and Blackberries were about the same. As far as battery life, don't know about the Priv. My Edge+ sucks. I don't want a device to last me two days........while it's gathering dust and I'm not using it. But, that's just me.

Yeah. Well, like that's your opinion, man /SM-G928A ��
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-23-15 at 01:02 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-15 04:14 PM
    #4 is unclear, S6 is faster or lags?
    12-22-15 11:21 AM
    My battery life has settled down and is now fair. It's no iphone 6 plus, but it's ok, not as bad as the first few days.
    12-22-15 01:44 PM
    Sorry, it isn't stock stock Android. Didn't they use a harden kernel and modified it so it "can't" be rooted?

The "can't" is within quotes because it is Android. Rooting it is a matter of when....
    tvst28 likes this.
    12-22-15 02:17 PM
32 12