So I would like to know on a serious note, between the PRIV, and the note 5 which phone would you use everyday, and not worry about malware seeing that both phones use Android thank you....im in the market for a new phone, so it's between these to phones thanx

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:47 PM
    The Priv craps all over the Note 5. Just say no to TouchWiz.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    treidnote likes this.
    11-06-15 04:50 PM
    No expandable memory
    No infa red
    No removable battery

Note 4 is even better that Note 5!

Go with the priv expandable memory should seel you on that....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Xaiux likes this.
    11-06-15 04:53 PM
    S pen that you will use on day 1 and never again cause gimmick ;p
    11-06-15 04:56 PM
    I live in Germany, so unfortunately we don't have access to the Note 5. That's a shame because I really like the Note series and actually own the Note Edge. However I already compared both the Note 5 (you can import it for roughly the same price as the Priv costs locally) and the Priv, the conclusion is rather simple:

The Note 5 obviously has more raw power, yet the Priv still has one of the best SoCs available, so performance is good on both devices.

The Priv mobs the floor when it comes to memory: Both devices come with 32 gigs of memory, yet the Berry offers an SD-slot while the Samsung is stuck with the onboard memory. There is a 64 gig variant available, but it is more expensive.

In terms of display both are similar, the Priv has a slightly higher ppi, but at this point you won't notice it anyways. I think the edged screen is a nice gimmick and can be useful on the Priv. I wouldn't mind if the Priv would come with a larger screen, but those 5.4" are still good enough.

Battery life is important. Both devices have sealed batteries, which is a shame. Yet the Priv has a big 3410mAH battery vs. a 3000mAH battery of the Note. I don't know whether Samsungs Exynos SoC is more power friendly than the already really good Snapdragon 808. It has also been said Samsung made their latest AMOLED displays more efficient compared to last year's generation, however I am pretty sure the Priv also has a 2015 AMOLED panel.
    So we are down to a bigger battery on a smaller screened phone, an advantage for the Priv.

Input is the most important thing for me, BlackBerry has the best physical keyboard and offers the only device featuring one for Android. Samsung counters with a well known stylus. I think the latter is quite handy, especially for quick note-taking and doodles on screenshots. But I never used it as much as I thought, so I really prefer the benefit of having a great PKB.

Samsung has pretty bloated their software with that Touchwiz, although it already got slimmer compared to last year's variant, it still is more bloated than the nearly stock Android BlackBerry uses. On my Note Edge the software often felt slow, even though it comes with a still very powerful Snapdragon 805 and three gigs of RAM.

My conclusion: I'd go with the Priv, even if the (64 gig) version would be available in my country. I think the BlackBerry offers more features which I like on my daily basis. The stylus is not enough to convince me for the Note. The Priv of course would be perfect with a Stylus, yet you can't add it in the already cramped chassis.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:21 PM
    S pen that you will use on day 1 and never again cause gimmick ;p
    That's rubbish, my brother has a Note and uses the stylus constantly. And before you intimate that he's not tech savvy he has a master's in software engineering and pursuing his doctorate in EE.
    11-06-15 05:30 PM
    Well how about security between the two devices? Or is this a gimmick as well

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:31 PM
    I don't have the Priv but I have the Note 5. It's a very good phone but I wouldn't pay $700 for it. I only got it because it was on Jump on Demand (T-Mo) so I pay monthly.

I had the original Note before it was even released in the US and I loved it. I used the S Pen all the time. Now I take the stylus out once a week, maybe. And only because i feel guilty that I'm not using it. I also find it slippy because it's made of glass. I'm not really a fan. I know people want 'premium' but I'd rather have something that makes sense. The LG series is plastic and it's practical and still very nice.

Finally I have a dreadful battery drain on it. My research shows that it's a 5.1.1 deep sleep wifi bug that affects the phone. Not everyone seems to have it but xda and Androidcentral forum posts report it. So I burn < 3% per hour when I have wifi off (which is very good) and > 5.5% with wifi on (regardless of whether I'm connected to wifi or not).

Camera is great and it's fast and all of that stuff. But I believe the Nexus 6P is up there with it performance wise and it's $200 cheaper.

If the Priv performs similarly enough to the Note 5, the extra value of the physical keyboard would lean me towards that. But if the Priv is anything like the Ars Technica review indicates, then forget it.
    11-06-15 05:36 PM
    Well how about security between the two devices? Or is this a gimmick as well

Posted via CB10
    I just posted my opinion on this above. It's kind of like the Priv keyboard - it might be something you use, or it might not. I had the Note and Note 3 and now Note 5, and I have used the stylus in ever-decreasing frequency. Mind you I was playing "Draw Something" all the time on the original Note so the stylus was mainly used for that!

I wouldn't call it a gimmick - it has great functionality. But I usually type on my phone and the stylus doesn't really add value for me now. But perhaps the OP would be very interested in it.
    11-06-15 05:39 PM
    The spen is not a gimmick. I the stylus on my surface and on my thinkpad for graphic design. Used it on the note 3/4 for editing PDF ss and marking up design mockups

As long as you don't download apps from shady places, you will be fine with avoiding malware
    11-06-15 05:42 PM