On the Verizon Wireless website. The BlackBerry Priv Retail price is $720. This is the highest priced phone among all of the phones listed on the website. This is one of the main reasons that this phone may not perform well in the market.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    04-07-16 08:21 PM
    Could it be that the phone is selling well enough that Verizon doesn't feel it deserves a price cut?
    04-07-16 08:27 PM
    Crazy. BlackBerry needs to address this.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-07-16 08:27 PM
    But substantially cheaper on an upgrade contract. I got it for $200 less with a loyalty discount.
    04-07-16 08:37 PM
    That is possible but as a consumer comparing phones I would put the Priv at the bottom of my list because it's more expensive than the iphone6S, SE and Galaxy S7.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 08:44 PM
    Could it be that the phone is selling well enough that Verizon doesn't feel it deserves a price cut?
    Unlikely. There was never a price cut on the z30 and they have not currently the price of the classic

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-07-16 08:53 PM
    I am still on an unlimited data plan on VZW. So, I'm forced to pay full price on the device or give up my unlimited data to get a new contract & pay $249. I'm not giving up my unlimited data. It's not worth it to me as I already pay an extra $20/month to keep it. I use on avg. 20gb/month. So, it wouldn't save me $ in the long run anyway. I'm really torn as to what to do. My iPhone 6 has been acting very strange (dropping calls,etc) since the last update. I can get $250 trade in value for my phone through Apple or Verizon on the purchase of a new iPhone 6s. But, that will still leave me paying about $500 out of pocket for a new phone. Guess I may end up going the 3rd party route & buying a phone off Craigslist or eBay.
    04-07-16 09:01 PM
    The reviews are good on Verizon. I just talked to a Verizon rep he loves the Priv and is about to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 09:01 PM
    That is possible but as a consumer comparing phones I would put the Priv at the bottom of my list because it's more expensive than the iphone6S, SE and Galaxy S7.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone has their own way of valuing things. If someone wants a physical keyboard, then they might value it higher even it it appears to cost more. Price is not the sole determinant of value.
    WT44 likes this.
    04-07-16 09:25 PM
    Since when blackberry is doing well in sales anyway...

Posted via CB10
    Norg and outlooker like this.
    04-07-16 09:27 PM
    Those on unlimited plans, I am as well, can upgrade without affecting their plans by going the device payment plan (33/mo) for the priv. You with the loyalty discount, you're at 529 + 20 upgrade fee + taxes.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-07-16 09:45 PM
    I know they aren't doing well in sales, but it seems that Blackberry has no control over pricing. I would not sell this phone at a higher price tag than the competitors even if it had physical keyboard. If the carrier is pricing the phone, they must know that the price tag isn't going to help move the phones from the shelves.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 10:25 PM
    How do you get the loyalty discount? I've been on VZW for yrs. When I called the other day, they told me they couldn't offer me any discounts.
    04-08-16 01:55 AM
    Subsidies and marketing money by the manufacturer. Was browsing this morning and noticed both the S7 Edge and G5 have BOGO offers in Hong Kong.
    raino likes this.
    04-08-16 08:07 AM
    How do you get the loyalty discount? I've been on VZW for yrs. When I called the other day, they told me they couldn't offer me any discounts.
    At first I called SALES but he said he could not provide the discount but he offered to connect me to Customer Service. I asked about the discount, she checked, said yes and then even took the Priv order. Folks have met all kinds of responses. The suggestion is that you may have be be OFF contract (which I was) but there may be other determinants. I went that route to keep my UNlimited data.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-08-16 08:12 AM
    Thanks. I'm gonna try it.
    04-08-16 08:32 AM
    Verizon and AT&T have not lowered the price even though Blackberry has on the unlocked ones
    04-08-16 08:49 AM
    i've been off contract for almost a year, have multiple lines, and I have been with them for many years but they refuse to give me a discount. They gave me the option of $30 a month. I replied that it is the same price and they didn't seem to understand that
    04-08-16 08:52 AM
    It seems they're definitely trying to cash out on BlackBerry fans, however I can see how they would justify higher price points. slider, pkb, BlackBerry privacy / security and well that's all I can think of.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-16 11:27 AM
    Verizon told me today that because I still have unlimited data, it is preventing me from getting a discount on the Priv. Screw 'em. They're charging all the unlimited data customers an extra $20/month just to keep unlimited data. So, I've been using it like crazy!
    filanto likes this.
    04-08-16 04:23 PM
    I would recommend buying it from BlackBerry it's self. Don't go through the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 05:11 PM
    I would recommend buying it from BlackBerry it's self. Don't go through the carriers.
    Not an option for Verizon customers*

*unless you want a sub-par experience
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-08-16 05:12 PM
    Guess I may end up going the 3rd party route & buying a phone off Craigslist or eBay.
    I would not recommend buying from Craigslist. The phone could be on a payment plan and the seller could decide to skip on making payments to Verizon. I've even read about cases where people made sure that the phone got paid off at the carrier, only to have the seller then file a (fraudulent) insurance claim for a missing/stolen phone.
    04-08-16 05:15 PM
    Raino, a factory unlocked Priv won't work on VZW? I know the STV 100-2 will. But, is that the only option for VZW? Thanks in advance.
    04-08-16 10:42 PM
    Priv is priced higher because it's the best phone. Face facts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 04:11 AM
40 12