I tried updating the system.
    I followed the official instructions on the BB website and still VERIFICATION FAILED
    After the crazy long download time twice.
    It's just infuriating so any and all help would be appreciated.
    Or ask for more details if need be.
    04-06-19 05:56 AM
    I tried updating the system.
    I followed the official instructions on the BB website and still VERIFICATION FAILED
    After the crazy long download time twice.
    It's just infuriating so any and all help would be appreciated.
    Or ask for more details if need be.
    If you follow the instructions properly, it will work.
    04-06-19 07:19 AM
    I have 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) on my Priv. When I check for system updates it shows that there are updates available, then downloads OK but stops and says it can’t install. I did some research and found that system updates are not available past Marshmallow for the Priv. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
    04-09-19 08:13 PM
    I have 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) on my Priv. When I check for system updates it shows that there are updates available, then downloads OK but stops and says it can’t install. I did some research and found that system updates are not available past Marshmallow for the Priv. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
    Priv updates ended in Oct 2017 (AAQ280). Yes, it never got past Marshmallow.

Many devices got one more update for Spectre about 6 months later, but it too is an Oct 2017 patch level (AAW068).
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-09-19 08:16 PM
    Okay, so I have a Priv and just got a System Update notice. I have tried multiple times and it will not update. I went through the "fix" but when I get to the part where is says
    Check for updates follow the steps "here" - there is no "here". It goes to a blank page. I do not want to "uninstall updates" not knowing what will happen. And I am stuck with a "unable to install update" warning on my screen that I can not get rid of. Any suggestions? TIA
    05-29-19 12:17 PM
    Okay, so I have a Priv and just got a System Update notice. I have tried multiple times and it will not update. I went through the "fix" but when I get to the part where is says
    Check for updates follow the steps "here" - there is no "here". It goes to a blank page. I do not want to "uninstall updates" not knowing what will happen. And I am stuck with a "unable to install update" warning on my screen that I can not get rid of. Any suggestions? TIA
    The missing steap is just showing you how to check for updates on the Google Play Store.. which you know... just follow through with the rest of it.
    05-29-19 12:46 PM
    Okay, I just did that. Went to the end and Activated my Find My Device and the other two things in my Device administrator section (Blackberry Launcher and Google Play) are also activated. Then I tried to download the update and it went through the process more completely this time than before but, at the end, it says "Couldn't update" "Verification problem error".
    05-29-19 12:55 PM
    Okay, I just did that. Went to the end and Activated my Find My Device and the other two things in my Device administrator section (Blackberry Launcher and Google Play) are also activated. Then I tried to download the update and it went through the process more completely this time than before but, at the end, it says "Couldn't update" "Verification problem error".
    You just have to keep trying. Assuming you follow the steps correctly, it'll take eventually.
    05-29-19 01:07 PM
    Will try more tonight and keep you posted. Thanks for your help.
    05-29-19 01:08 PM
    Unfortunately I have attempted to upload over 50 times with no success. Sometimes it immediately shows "Couldn't update" and sometimes it takes a few minutes (and I think it is actually going to work) and then stops with the verification error. Any ideas?
    05-31-19 12:48 PM
    Might try some of the info here.... https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/

But as it states if something goes wrong... only option is contact BlackBerry Support and see what they will offer to do (most likely for a fee). Do you know for sure what version your phone had on it and what version you were updating too?
    05-31-19 02:31 PM
    it's EOL
    06-02-19 02:09 PM
    It is a security update that popped up on my phone one day. At one point in the message it states "Details of the issues addressed in this security update will be posted to www.blackberry.com/bbsirt"

When I go there, the page is blank. Great update!

So I am not trying to update any version. Just a security update that was pushed onto my phone. And I still can not update or resolve the verification error.
    06-03-19 01:04 PM
    Have you emptied the Cache after all the activity. If not, try doing that and then do a 32 second hard reboot before trying again.
    06-04-19 02:41 AM
    Are you suggesting go to Settings, then Storage and USB, then Cached data and clearing this? It says "This will clear cached data for all apps". There is a lot of data (2GB). Will that cause any issues with any of my apps or just piled up old data? TIA
    06-05-19 05:27 PM
    Can anyone help? Should I clear the 2GB in my cache data for all apps?
    06-16-19 06:07 PM
    Yes, you should absolutely clear the cache if it's at 2GB!!
    06-16-19 06:48 PM
    Nope, you should only clear cache for google play and google play services as well. I dont remember if i rebooted but you can try it.
    You may clear only google play services, but you can get stuck with updating services after updating system(i got that problem) and clearing of google play cache was only the way i solved that.
    06-17-19 08:54 AM