Awesome!
    12-21-15 12:34 PM
    Can somebody please offer some insight in regards to the theme of the Priv campaign? Why am I looking at black and white photos of a random female? What exactly is being portrayed and what point are they trying to convey?!?!
    The PRIV will secure your nude self photos. With its emphasis on privacy, the PRIV empowers you with the freedom to be naked.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    12-21-15 12:44 PM
    The PRIV will secure your nude self photos. With its emphasis on privacy, the PRIV empowers you with the freedom to be naked.
    Priceless
    12-21-15 04:18 PM
    lets get alicia keys back she was so powerful for BB, ya right about as good as a bad fart of mine
    12-21-15 04:23 PM
    Looking at the lengthy list of people, organizations and businesses that have severed ties with Trump, keeping your distance from him is probably a good idea.
    As soon as Ted Cruz adopted some of Donald Trump's policy ideas his ratings surged. That ought to tell you something about how much Trump has his finger on the pulse of the voters. I think the US needs Trump as POTUS for one term to clean house.
    12-22-15 10:46 PM
    I'm a right wing extremist (as defined by the media) and even I try to distance myself from Trump.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    In other words you are either a closet Democrat or a centrist Republican.
    12-22-15 10:53 PM
    Based on the ratings the Republicans won almost 3 to 1..... only about 7 Million viewers tuned in for a portion of the DND.

Bad timing - Saturday before Christmas, Nomination is pretty much tied up, and it was the same weekend that Star Wars was released.....
    Not surprising; speaking as someone who thankfully doesn't have to pick one of them come November 2016, the Republican debates provide greater comedy than the Democratic ones.

Anyway, I'm amazed BlackBerry managed to stumble their way into a national advertisement that isn't as inane as the Super Bowl ad.
    12-23-15 12:02 AM
    Not surprising; speaking as someone who thankfully doesn't have to pick one of them come November 2016, the Republican debates provide greater comedy than the Democratic ones.

Anyway, I'm amazed BlackBerry managed to stumble their way into a national advertisement that isn't as inane as the Super Bowl ad.
    I think ALL the Democrats and Republicans are a bunch of idiots. Especially the front runners from each party.

If I were BlackBerry I would have spent my money elsewhere. Maybe some kind of boots on the ground college campus marketing campaign.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-24-15 02:53 PM
    Should have sponsored a college football bowl game, at least partially and give out privs to the coaches and players

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 03:26 PM
    They also had a presence on the online streaming side for the debate. That is a good first step for BlackBerry.

The advertisements in NYC will also help. What BlackBerry needs most, beyond just talking about the phones is to make sure people know they are still out there in business. Half of the people I meet did not even know BlackBerry still makes phones.

BlackBerry's problem is not about the phones.... we all know they make some AMAZING devices..... their problem is obscurity.
    12-24-15 05:35 PM
    They also had a presence on the online streaming side for the debate. That is a good first step for BlackBerry.

The advertisements in NYC will also help. What BlackBerry needs most, beyond just talking about the phones is to make sure people know they are still out there in business. Half of the people I meet did not even know BlackBerry still makes phones.

BlackBerry's problem is not about the phones.... we all know they make some AMAZING devices..... their problem is obscurity.
    Exactly!

Obscurity is reason #1 for why BB10 failed.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 05:45 PM
    They should get Trump to wear a "Make BlackBerry Great Again" hat on the next debate! Priv wil sell like hotcakes!!!

Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 07:06 PM
    I think ALL the Democrats and Republicans are a bunch of idiots. Especially the front runners from each party.

If I were BlackBerry I would have spent my money elsewhere. Maybe some kind of boots on the ground college campus marketing campaign.

Speaking as one, I doubt the average college student would be terribly concerned with what BlackBerry has to offer.
    12-24-15 08:57 PM
    Speaking as one, I doubt the average college student would be terribly concerned with what BlackBerry has to offer.
    You are probably right. Only thinking there was to reach businesses next generation of users.

12-24-15 10:10 PM
    They should get Trump to wear a "Make BlackBerry Great Again" hat on the next debate! Priv wil sell like hotcakes!!!

Lol

Posted via CB10
    And maybe a slogan like - I'm going to build a great BlackBerry phone and make Apple pay for building it.

12-24-15 10:12 PM
    Did anyone actually see the advertising live.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 10:27 PM
    Exactly!

Obscurity is reason #1 for why BB10 failed.

Posted via CB10
    No unfortunately it was the perception of lack of apps that killed BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry financial troubles and all the vicious media combined for the *perfect* storm of negativity which almost did BlackBerry in. Thank God for John Chen.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    12-24-15 10:36 PM
    No unfortunately it was the perception of lack of apps that killed BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry financial troubles and all the vicious media combined for the *perfect* storm of negativity which almost did BlackBerry in. Thank God for John Chen.

Actually this isn't true either. The reason bb and everyone else fell behind apple was the full browser capability iphone offered.
    12-24-15 10:50 PM
    And maybe a slogan like - I'm going to build a great BlackBerry phone and make Apple pay for building it.

LMFO!
    And keep the dangerous androids out....

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 11:41 PM

Nope... those were issues too, but not reason #1...

The simple fact that cannot be denied, and that has been proven over and over and over and over again... is simply that no one knows...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 12:16 AM
    Nope... those were issues too, but not reason #1...

The simple fact that cannot be denied, and that has been proven over and over and over and over again... is simply that no one knows...

Posted via CB10
    It was the full browser. Anybody who has used a cell phone since the 90's knows this.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 12:41 AM
    It was the full browser. Anybody who has used a cell phone since the 90's knows this.

Posted via CB10
    This particular discussion is about the reason BB10 failed. We're not talking about BBOS at the moment.

And reason #1 for why BB10 failed (which BTW has a full browser in case you hadn't noticed) is just as I've stated... a problem of total obscurity... no one knows it exists because of BlackBerry's complete bull headed refusal to tell anyone about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 06:33 AM
    This particular discussion is about the reason BB10 failed. We're not talking about BBOS at the moment.

And reason #1 for why BB10 failed (which BTW has a full browser in case you hadn't noticed) is just as I've stated... a problem of total obscurity... no one knows it exists because of BlackBerry's complete bull headed refusal to tell anyone about it.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. The lack of a full browser is how they lost everyone. The lack of apps is what kept people from coming back...same thing happened to nokia.
    12-25-15 07:14 AM
    Nope. The lack of a full browser is how they lost everyone. The lack of apps is what kept people from coming back...same thing happened to nokia.
    You can tell yourself that all day long if you wish... have fun with it...

After 880 posts in just over a month it's pretty obvious you're not here to listen or learn.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 09:03 AM
    You can tell yourself that all day long if you wish... have fun with it...

After 880 posts in just over a month it's pretty obvious you're not here to listen or learn.

Posted via CB10
    I don't need a forum to tell me what happened when I was there when it happened. Before the iphone, mobile browsers were very limited. Delivering a full browsing experience with an easy to navigate (pinch/zoom) interface was revolutionary...and the biggest contributor to the mass exodus. It was the dawn of a new smart phone era.

(2007 browser)
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-25-15 at 10:48 AM.
    12-25-15 09:24 AM
56 123