10-30-15 04:28 PM
233 ... 678910
tools
    He could have shaved, put a shirt on he didn't sleep in and straighten out his hair and glasses.
    Aren't we supposed to be analyzing the picture, not the dude in it?

Can't say I disagree though if I was going to post a pic of myself that would be all over some Internet forum, I'd prob put something half decent on and make sure I'm looking good.

Another narcissist here I guess lol. Sometimes CrackBerry does make me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:12 PM
    The S6 active and 6P have larger batteries. Hell the Passport has a larger battery.

6P has removable 3450mah
    S6 Active has a 3500 mah (released in June). It's fast charging too.
    Galaxy Note 5 Active will have a 4100 mah (Nov release)

No Marshmallow (which increases battery life), no quick charging, non removable, QHD display with no OLED that eats battery.

Your argument is thin my friend. The Priv is average at best. BlackBerry has been working on the Priv for two years too.

Poetry in Motion
    Well let's clear a few things up. The s6 active is only available via att and I'm going to assume the note 5 active will be as well.

Not to mention since these are rugged versions of the originals, that they're going to be pretty thick to accommodate that bigger battery.

Just throwing that out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-20-15 04:33 AM
    He could have shaved, put a shirt on he didn't sleep in and straighten out his hair and glasses.
    Hey if I had access to the priv, I privacy wouldn't have time to shave or even shower.

10-20-15 04:35 AM
    Adding to this, the Carphone Warehouse UK now have it available for pre-order, with a shipping date of November 6th and the pretty high price tag of £580

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:48 AM
    Well let's clear a few things up. The s6 active is only available via att and I'm going to assume the note 5 active will be as well.

Not to mention since these are rugged versions of the originals, that they're going to be pretty thick to accommodate that bigger battery.

Just throwing that out there

The S6 Active is not that thick at all. It feels nice in the hand unlike the S6 or S6 Edge which feel fragile to me. I'm sure the info is out there. Guarantee the Slider will be thicker anyway. The S6 Active is nice and probably my favorite Android phone right now. Slap a BlackBerry logo on it and I'd buy it. Still undecided on this priv (my hate for that name does not get better with time!).

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 08:03 AM
    BlackBerry Priv has a lot of things to hide from the public right now until announce. Even at pre-registration website it doesn't say much at all. So, I think there is some surprises at launch.

- Stunning 5.4” dual-curved screen
    - Long lasting 3410 mAh battery
    - Both touch and physical keyboards
    - Schneider-Kreuznachģ certified camera
    - Extraordinary audio quality

PRIV also introduces the exclusive DTEK™ by BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy.
    10-20-15 11:27 AM
    I'm really shocked at the 2MP front camera. Sadly, that's a deal breaker for many. I just went on a cruise and found out what a "selfie stick" is. Couldn't believe how many people were using them. I was literally cracking up.

Anyway, my mom has a Passport and my sister just got an iPhone6S (from her Z30 because she hated the name priv SMH @ BlackBerry still). My mom goes on about the "specs" of the Passport and heard her telling my sister that her Passport has a better camera because of the MP than the iPhone and my sister agreed that the Passport camera is of course better since it has higher MP.

My best friend has a S6 Active and didn't really use the front camera much until this phone and it takes amazing shots and I had him interested in the Slider. He saw the info on the rear camera and his dad is huge on pics so he said they both might get it. If the front facing camera is 2MP, neither will get the phone.

I'm really kinda shocked that it's not a 5 considering all other specs are high end and the rear camera seemed to get good attention from BlackBerry. I guess I shouldn't be shocked at anything... still can't believe they're calling this a priv (yes I'm still pissed since my mom and sister bailed solely because of the name).

...Now my best friend and his dad will be out because it's 2 instead of 5. I'm trying to sell this thing, but BlackBerry is making it difficult for me to sell to the general consumer. First the name (superficial, but companies spend millions to get this correct), now my best friend and his dad who are big picture fans and loved the rear camera will be out.

Embarrassed to even tell him the front is only a 2MP after talking it up so much. He didn't mind the name, said it was weird, had no clue it had anything to do with privacy, but moved on and said the specs look awesome (he's an Android fanboy) and him and his dad would likely get one. Really hope I'm wrong AGAIN and it is a 5MP just for paper, doesn't matter if it shoots like a 2MP. Ugh...

Posted via CB10
    I thought they already decided not buy it due the name PRIV. Can you please stick to one story?

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-20-15 11:46 AM
    The S6 Active is not that thick at all. It feels nice in the hand unlike the S6 or S6 Edge which feel fragile to me. I'm sure the info is out there. Guarantee the Slider will be thicker anyway. The S6 Active is nice and probably my favorite Android phone right now. Slap a BlackBerry logo on it and I'd buy it. Still undecided on this priv (my hate for that name does not get better with time!).

Posted via CB10
    Please go ahead and buy your friends, family and yourself a S6 or an iPhone or whatever but please stop whining about a phone not even released yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:50 AM
    BlackBerry Priv Secure Smartphone ? Specifications

There's some good info in here and seems to be the most accurate specs
    10-20-15 11:55 AM
    [Warn] knock off the personal attack, discuss the topic [Warn]
    10-20-15 12:48 PM

Has the same 30h (mixed use) rating for battery life as the passport
    10-20-15 12:52 PM

The origin of this site has been questioned. If not valid, then someone has gone to alot of trouble for nothing. If the specs are correct, I'm liking the bbm video and 5MP front camera
    10-20-15 12:58 PM
    Hmm no mention of wireless charging and or fast charging... :'(
    10-20-15 01:32 PM
    Here it indicates 5mp. Looks like each region has different specs?

http://priv.blackberryrussia.com/main/

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:22 PM
    Bla!ze what is your favorite number? 2 or 5?
    If your favorite number happens to be the same as the number of megapixels on the slider that would be a cool coincidence.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-20-15 02:32 PM
    Bla!ze what is your favorite number? 2 or 5?
    If your favorite number happens to be the same as the number of megapixels on the slider that would be a cool coincidence.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    When Dylan says 2 it will be 2 ;-)
    10-20-15 02:33 PM
    Samsung may move up Galaxy S7 launch to January, report says - CNET

Galaxy S7 rumors: Release date and specs | BGR

Sadly the PRIV isn't going to have much time being what BlackBerry thinks is a premium device. This is Android and there is always something new around the corner.

Interestingly... Samsung is pretty quick to react to Apples Force Touch.... with their (and Synaptics) ClearForce tech. And of course the rest of the specs are a generation or two ahead of the PRIV. So Chen is going to find he can't say PREMIUM for very long......

Lowering they S6 lines prices and moving up the S7... is all a result of Samsung's problems competing in the premium market.
    BBRYed likes this.
    10-20-15 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Slap a blackberry logo on a s6 active? Don't let any of the users I here hear you say that, they'll go caca kookoo

10-20-15 03:53 PM
    [Warn] knock off the personal attack, discuss the topic [Warn]
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! WINNER GETS A PRIV!

10-20-15 03:54 PM
    I thought they already decided not buy it due the name PRIV. Can you please stick to one story?

Posted via CB10
    They did. That was my family I was talking about in the front page article (I'm assuming that's where you read it because I posted there that my mom and sister wouldn't buy it based on the name alone). If you read, my sister just bought an iPhone6S and moved on from using her Z30 and waiting for the Slider.

I'm referring to my friend and his dad... which I thought I made clear multiple times already.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:07 PM
    Please go ahead and buy your friends, family and yourself a S6 or an iPhone or whatever but please stop whining about a phone not even released yet.

Posted via CB10
    First of all, I would never get myself an iPhone. I said that the S6 felt fragile to me... that is not a compliment. I do, however, like the way the S6 Active feels. As I wrote, I'm still on the fence with the Slider.

This forum's sole purpose is to discuss a phone that has not yet been released so I'm not sure what the problem is. Am I not allowed to be disappointed that the front camera is 2MP? I'm still holding out hope that it is 5MP.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:11 PM
    I'm still holding out hope that it is 5MP.
    If you were an iPhone user, you'd still upgrade and hope that the next one will have the specs you want. You can see that in iPhone sales, always expanding.
    10-20-15 05:27 PM
    If you were an iPhone user, you'd still upgrade and hope that the next one will have the specs you want. You can see that in iPhone sales, always expanding.
    Apple has some great marketing. They've been able to get away with releasing lower MP cameras (along with other lower specs) because they have a million commercials telling you how great their camera is.

With the 6S, I keep seeing a commercial about the camera and the screen being the front flash along with advertising how great the video capture is. I'm not a fan at all of iOS and think that many people just got tied up in their ecosystem and don't bother to even look at the competition. They just wait for the next iPhone and upgrade.

I was able to get my sister from an iPhone 5 to the Z10 then Z30. She loved BB10, as do my parents. Unfortunately, she moved on a week or so ago and got an iPhone6S. She really hated the name (priv), as I already wrote, and is familiar with iOS (not to mention her husband has had a smartphone grudge against me since I switched her to the BlackBerry camp lol) so she's a lost cause for now.

My dad is still using his Z10 and needs to upgrade so will likely go for the Priv if he can handle the size. I'm glad it looks to be not much larger than a Z30 even with a 5.4" screen. He really doesn't want to go much larger than his Z10, but I feel like once he uses a larger screen he'd realize he's been missing out. My mom is fine for now on the upgrade path since she is enjoying the Passport that my sister and I bought her for Mother's Day.

Anyway, Apple has been a master at marketing and pulling people into their closed ecosystem making it hard to switch. I remember switching to the Z10 with my sister and she couldn't receive any texts from iPhone users because of imessage. It was a complete disaster and took weeks to resolve between Verizon and Apple. Back then she was almost frustrated enough to just keep the iPhone. This was obviously before Apple released the disable imessage website or whatever they have now.

Back to the camera topic... curious if anyone knows if the iPhone's front camera actually has a flash or if it's just a gimmick where the screen "flashes"?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:45 PM
    confirmed: 2mp front camera & 18mp rear camera (21mp cropped).
    at least it's the biggest selfie camera on a slider?
    10-20-15 07:30 PM
    While I hope it has a 5MP front cam the info at the bottom of the page states "BlackBerryRussia.com is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry Ltd. Specifications are subject to change upon receipt of complete information from the vendor."
    10-20-15 10:33 PM
233 ... 678910