A 2MP front camera is OK for me... The sliding part of the phone is too thin to accommodate a 20MP (!!!??)
    10-18-15 11:05 AM
    Exactly. Which is better? And which will sell better?

PRIV front 2 MP, back 18 MP
    S6 front 5 MP, back 16 MP
    iPhone 6s front 5 MP, back 12 MP
    M9 front 4 MP, back 20 MP
    G4 front 8 MP, back 16 MP
    Lumia 950 front 5 MP, back 20 MP
    Nokia 808 Pureview front 0.3 MP, back 41 MP
    This is easy. The iphone 6S. Lol

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-18-15 11:09 AM
    I'm really shocked at the 2MP front camera. Sadly, that's a deal breaker for many. I just went on a cruise and found out what a "selfie stick" is. Couldn't believe how many people were using them. I was literally cracking up.

Anyway, my mom has a Passport and my sister just got an iPhone6S (from her Z30 because she hated the name priv SMH @ BlackBerry still). My mom goes on about the "specs" of the Passport and heard her telling my sister that her Passport has a better camera because of the MP than the iPhone and my sister agreed that the Passport camera is of course better since it has higher MP.

My best friend has a S6 Active and didn't really use the front camera much until this phone and it takes amazing shots and I had him interested in the Slider. He saw the info on the rear camera and his dad is huge on pics so he said they both might get it. If the front facing camera is 2MP, neither will get the phone.

I'm really kinda shocked that it's not a 5 considering all other specs are high end and the rear camera seemed to get good attention from BlackBerry. I guess I shouldn't be shocked at anything... still can't believe they're calling this a priv (yes I'm still pissed since my mom and sister bailed solely because of the name).

...Now my best friend and his dad will be out because it's 2 instead of 5. I'm trying to sell this thing, but BlackBerry is making it difficult for me to sell to the general consumer. First the name (superficial, but companies spend millions to get this correct), now my best friend and his dad who are big picture fans and loved the rear camera will be out.

Embarrassed to even tell him the front is only a 2MP after talking it up so much. He didn't mind the name, said it was weird, had no clue it had anything to do with privacy, but moved on and said the specs look awesome (he's an Android fanboy) and him and his dad would likely get one. Really hope I'm wrong AGAIN and it is a 5MP just for paper, doesn't matter if it shoots like a 2MP. Ugh...

Posted via CB10
    plonga likes this.
    10-18-15 11:11 AM
    This means... you're more interested in taking selfies.
    10-18-15 11:11 AM
    This is easy. The iphone 6S. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol exactly people was queuing either digi or maxis
    10-18-15 11:12 AM
    No man 2MP, unless you know more than the official BlackBerry store

Posted via CB10
    Where does it say this on BlackBerry website.. and if that's true that is disappointing

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    10-18-15 11:18 AM
    Yeah but I feel that he's attacking the Priv, android, etc just for the heck of it.

It's one thing to not buy the Priv because you can't afford it or you're locked in a contract or just aren't interested in it but to bash it because your not getting it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

And he's doing so using nonsense immaturity instead of facts - - which makes him annoying to boot.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:28 AM
    BB10 is a BB product, just like everything else they have done. Not sure what you are on about.

Posted via CB10
    So you never used legacy products? They were way different, and way better for their intended purpose.

BB10 is a huge compromise as BlackBerry tried to compete with iPhone. Anyone should have seen the inevitable failure in that from the initial concept.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:32 AM
    Where does it say this on BlackBerry website.. and if that's true that is disappointing

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    Been confirmed by the resolution of sample photos and i asked Car Phone Warehouse to confirm and then did. It is 2mp.
    10-18-15 11:36 AM
    So you never used legacy products? They were way different, and way better for their intended purpose.
    Actually I did use legacy BBOS for years. And I agree it was great for its intended purpose at the time. But needs changed, and BBOS could not keep up. Now I find BB10 far superior and preferable to BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    10-18-15 11:44 AM

Embarrassed to even tell him the front is only a 2MP after talking it up so much. He didn't mind the name, said it was weird, had no clue it had anything to do with privacy, but moved on and said the specs look awesome (he's an Android fanboy) and him and his dad would likely get one. Really hope I'm wrong AGAIN and it is a 5MP just for paper, doesn't matter if it shoots like a 2MP. Ugh...

Posted via CB10
    Why anyone would feel embarassed for having a 2 megapixel camera in the front of their Smartphone?? lol Do you share the same kind of friends and family of some users that suposedly people make fun of them for having a blackberry?

Any of my friends and family could be using one of these, that I wouldn't make fun of them...

BlackBerry Priv specs released-old-cell-phone-4f84b48e71573_hires.jpg

Maybe I would actually respect for not following trends. It's just a bloody phone, why anyone should make fun of you?? I tell you this, I would feel embarassed of having people with that kind of thinking around me, that would make me sad, not the phone or it's camera
    10-18-15 01:52 PM
    Why anyone would feel embarassed for having a 2 megapixel camera in the front of their Smartphone?? lol Do you share the same kind of friends and family of some users that suposedly people make fun of them for having a blackberry?

Any of my friends and family could be using one of these, that I wouldn't make fun of them...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old-cell-phone-4f84b48e71573_hires.jpg 
Views:	1128 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	376345

Maybe I would actually respect for not following trends. It's just a bloody phone, why anyone should make fun of you?? I tell you this, I would feel embarassed of having people with that kind of thinking around me, that would make me sad, not the phone or it's camera
    If you are referring to me personally... I went from a flagship Android to a Z10 then Z30 then Passport (actually multiple Passports) and since BlackBerry marketing sucks I talked my dad into the Z10 he's using, my mom into the Passport, and my sister was on a Z30 waiting for the Slider but thought the name priv was a joke and just went back to iOS.

So, no, me personally am not embarrassed. I actually enjoyed all the attention with the clip I bought for my Passport on the cruise I was just on. Everything from, "What is that?", "Wow, is that a BlackBerry", to "Keep it old school and rock your BlackBerry (lol)".

My friend and his father I'm referring to that were going to get the Slider are currently using the S6 Active and S6 Edge so yes the cameras matter. I've talked up every aspect of this phone as it really seemed BlackBerry was going all out on specs. The cameras are important to them. I already talked up the shneider(sp?)whatever rear camera and a 5MP front.

Apparently, the rumors of a 5MP front camera were wrong. My point was that it is embarrassing after making remarks like BlackBerry is going all out on a new Android flagship and how it would definitely be an improvement from their current Samsung devices, to now have to say... my bad the front camera is only 2MP.

It's really not a big deal to ME, but I'm fairly certain their interest in upgrading from what they have to BlackBerry will now be non-existent as it is definitely not an upgrade.

Edit: I should be more specific and say that the camera will not be an upgrade and since that is important to them, they'll likely pass and wait for something better.

Releasing this device with a 2MP front camera just seems like a mistake with the current flagship devices already out. Yes, there are other things that may be better, but it seems the camera won't be it. It was my bad for making the Priv sound like it was a next generation flagship.

I did say it would be upgraded to Android M as well, but who knows now (that was another rumor that seemed plausible given the release date).

Anyway, I'm not going to make fun of anybody for anything. In fact, my job is to help those that have been bullied, etc. You are reading what I am writing wrong. I'm specifically referring to a certain friend and his father and comments I've made that I now will have to rescind.

Don't think I'd be on CrackBerry at all if I cared what people think lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 10-18-15 at 05:24 PM.
    10-18-15 05:14 PM
    If you are referring to me personally... I went from a flagship Android to a Z10 then Z30 then Passport (actually multiple Passports) and since BlackBerry marketing sucks I talked my dad into the Z10 he's using, my mom into the Passport, and my sister was on a Z30 waiting for the Slider but thought the name priv was a joke and just went back to iOS.

So, no, me personally am not embarrassed. I actually enjoyed all the attention with the clip I bought for my Passport on the cruise I was just on. Everything from, "What is that?", "Wow, is that a BlackBerry", to "Keep it old school and rock your BlackBerry (lol)".

My friend and his father I'm referring to that were going to get the Slider are currently using the S6 Active and S6 Edge so yes the cameras matter. I've talked up every aspect of this phone as it really seemed BlackBerry was going all out on specs. The cameras are important to them. I already talked up the shneider(sp?)whatever rear camera and a 5MP front.

Apparently, the rumors of a 5MP front camera were wrong. My point was that it is embarrassing after making remarks like BlackBerry is going all out on a new Android flagship and how it would definitely be an improvement from their current Samsung devices, to now have to say... my bad the front camera is only 2MP.

It's really not a big deal to ME, but I'm fairly certain their interest in upgrading from what they have to BlackBerry will now be non-existent as it is definitely not an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    It depends. If what you value is expandable storage or Pkb, or a big battery or improved security, the priv certainly has an upper hand. All phones have their stronger and weaker points compared to competitors, let it be specs or even just price, it's just depends on each preference or needs.
    10-18-15 05:24 PM
    Lol exactly people was queuing either digi or maxis
    You have any idea, if available in Malaysia, where is the best place to buy the PRIV. Thanks.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-18-15 06:04 PM
    Could be an Arabic thing going wrong though. Since Arabic is written the other way around, perhaps they wrote the 5 in mirror as well until a "Westerner" saw it and informed us about a 2MP camera which in reality is 5MP :facepalm:
    Very hopeful.....

I'm sure you are really aware that in the West we use 'Arabic' Numerals
    10-18-15 06:29 PM
    It depends. If what you value is expandable storage or Pkb, or a big battery or improved security, the priv certainly has an upper hand. All phones have their stronger and weaker points compared to competitors, let it be specs or even just price, it's just depends on each preference or needs.
    I agree with you completely.

I'm still really disappointed with the front camera though. Didn't expect this either as the rear looks monstrous. Made this phone out to be BlackBerry pulling all the stops and topping the rest of the Android high end market. I'm fine with it not being a "next generation Android", but wouldn't have complained if it was and shipped with M on top of it. Put at least a 5MP front and ship with Android M and wow... killer device.

All in all, it's in line with everything else high end depending on what you value. Would have loved to see pretty much a clean sweep on paper compared to the S6 and 6S as a BlackBerry fanatic (even if it's an Android... if this does well then there's a possibility of a new Passport running Android which would be completely amazing).

Price is of no concern to me, but I'd expect the price to be competitive with whatever it offers hardware and spec wise.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:30 PM
    I agree with you completely.

I'm still really disappointed with the front camera though. Didn't expect this either as the rear looks monstrous. Made this phone out to be BlackBerry pulling all the stops and topping the rest of the Android high end market. I'm fine with it not being a "next generation Android", but wouldn't have complained if it was and shipped with M on top of it. Put at least a 5MP front and ship with Android M and wow... killer device.

All in all, it's in line with everything else high end depending on what you value. Would have loved to see pretty much a clean sweep on paper compared to the S6 and 6S as a BlackBerry fanatic (even if it's an Android... if this does well then there's a possibility of a new Passport running Android which would be completely amazing).

Price is of no concern to me, but I'd expect the price to be competitive with whatever it offers hardware and spec wise.

Posted via CB10
    That would be great, but I don't see any phone at any price comign out with every single feature that people want. The note 5 for example has a medium sized battery of 3000mah and no expandable storage. The Nexus 6p doesn't seem to have anything groundbreaking either... That's why I think the priv not having a great selfie camera is not such a huge error. I still believe that there are more users that want a good battery than a good selfie camera. Because you can't just put another battery, but at least you can take a good selfie with the rear camera (better than the 5mp one)
    10-18-15 08:14 PM
    That would be great, but I don't see any phone at any price comign out with every single feature that people want. The note 5 for example has a medium sized battery of 3000mah and no expandable storage. The Nexus 6p doesn't seem to have anything groundbreaking either... That's why I think the priv not having a great selfie camera is not such a huge error. I still believe that there are more users that want a good battery than a good selfie camera. Because you can't just put another battery, but at least you can take a good selfie with the rear camera (better than the 5mp one)
    The Lumia 950 XL seems to wrap all the specs everyone wants into a single phone with a 5MP "selfie" camera, MicroSD etc... and it has my curiosity, but it's a Windows 10 phone and I've had my share of the "app gap" already so far with BlackBerry.
    10-18-15 08:24 PM
    The Lumia 950 XL seems to wrap all the specs everyone wants into a single phone with a 5MP "selfie" camera, MicroSD etc... and it has my curiosity, but it's a Windows 10 phone and I've had my share of the "app gap" already so far with BlackBerry.
    There you are, the apps are missing. There's always something missing for anyone regardless of the phone you get. There is no PERFECT PHONE. Sometimes to have some features you have to give away others. I love the design of the galaxy S6 line, they are very thin, but to have that feature, you have to give up no battery life. I think the slider mechanism, divides the phone in 2, wich could gave Blackberry a problem in having a bigger camera module (better cameras tend to have bigger modules, that's why we have so many protruding cameras in top end smartphones)
    10-18-15 08:35 PM
    There you are, the apps are missing. There's always something missing for anyone regardless of the phone you get. There is no PERFECT PHONE. Sometimes to have some features you have to give away others. I love the design of the galaxy S6 line, they are very thin, but to have that feature, you have to give up no battery life. I think the slider mechanism, divides the phone in 2, wich could gave Blackberry a problem in having a bigger camera module (better cameras tend to have bigger modules, that's why we have so many protruding cameras in top end smartphones)
    That BlackBerry Z40 concept tho... Like a non-sliding Priv. But yeah, can't please everyone all the time with one device. For me, I think I've come to the realization that I'l be headed to Android eventually... the Priv may be the best "gateway" to that. Ease the transition.
    10-18-15 08:44 PM
    That BlackBerry Z40 concept tho... Like a non-sliding Priv. But yeah, can't please everyone all the time with one device. For me, I think I've come to the realization that I'l be headed to Android eventually... the Priv may be the best "gateway" to that. Ease the transition.
    If you launch a slider, people will complain that they want a full touch, if you launch a full touch the other side of the fence will complain that they want a Slider. Personaly slider is what I want because I prefer Pkb, but I understand both parts.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-18-15 08:51 PM
    I think i am just going to wait for the phone and the full specs to be released, and to play with the phone at the store before making any judgment. there will always be trade-offs, no perfect phone out there. all the flagship phones in the market now are missing something, be it battery issue, camera quality, pkb etc...
    I am still willing to give BlackBerry a chance
    10-18-15 10:56 PM
    This right here is why it's only 2mp, they do listen to their current user base. Since most of them think this way.
    They shouldn't be listening to us! We're the less than 1%!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-15 11:23 PM

Edit: I should be more specific and say that the camera will not be an upgrade and since that is important to them, they'll likely pass and wait for something better.

Releasing this device with a 2MP front camera just seems like a mistake with the current flagship devices already out. Yes, there are other things that may be better, but it seems the camera won't be it. It was my bad for making the Priv sound like it was a next generation flagship.

I did say it would be upgraded to Android M as well, but who knows now (that was another rumor that seemed plausible given the release date).

Anyway, I'm not going to make fun of anybody for anything. In fact, my job is to help those that have been bullied, etc. You are reading what I am writing wrong. I'm specifically referring to a certain friend and his father and comments I've made that I now will have to rescind.

Don't think I'd be on CrackBerry at all if I cared what people think lol.
    Face it. Your sister wants an iPhone and the name PRIV was just an excuse. She didn't have anything funny to say about iPad when that came out? The rest of the world did.

For cameras, optics is what matters. A 2 MP sensor paired with excellent optics will give you much better images than something with 5 MP and crappy optics. I've seen a direct comparison first hand. I had a brand new, at the time, Canon point-and-shoot with 5 MP. My friend had a 2 MP DSLR. His concert photos were amazing compared to mine. His looked like you were right up on stage with the band.

One thing more MP does help with is allowing more flexibility with cropping, and for selfies, that's pointless unless you're cropping down to look at eyeballs or something. If the optics for the 2 MP is great, then that's what will matter, but it doesn't look like it or better processing needs to be done, based on the posted sample.

Up until a month ago, iPhone's had 1.2 MP front and 8 MP back, both lower resolution than Android flagship phones. It did not hurt sales. The PRIV's niche in the Android market is the sliding keyboard, privacy "promise", and perhaps quick security fixes. If BlackBerry manages to push out updates faster and can guarantee longer updates than two years, they would already be ahead of other manufacturers.
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-19-15 12:04 AM
    You have any idea, if available in Malaysia, where is the best place to buy the PRIV. Thanks.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    My friend is the owner of bbugmy..he will sell the Priv, he said around November will be available
    10-19-15 12:07 AM
233 ... 34567 ...