2MP will be less than i6S. First time ever I think a BlackBerry flagship gets lesser specs than the iPhone of the time. Even the 99 was better spec'd than the i3GS if I remember right.

Could be an Arabic thing going wrong though. Since Arabic is written the other way around, perhaps they wrote the 5 in mirror as well until a "Westerner" saw it and informed us about a 2MP camera which in reality is 5MP :facepalm:
    Lol! That'll make sense for a westerner! But 5 is ٥‎ and 2 is ٢‎ in arabic. So anyone from here who'd try to read numbers won't be misguided by an unseemly logic.
    Also numbers are written same like in english: right to left (which by the way, English numbers where copied from the original Arabic numbers).

So yeah, if it is official, then so be it. Anyway, based on BB10 history, we shouldn't expect much from BlackBerry's Camera even if it sports with some humongous megapixels.
    10-18-15 03:50 AM
    Dang, just got confirmation from a friend who get hands on with priv he said 2MP

BlackBerry Priv specs released-img_20151016_163004.jpg

EDIT : waiting for second confirmation from my source
    Last edited by usman_hidayat19; 10-18-15 at 06:11 AM.
    10-18-15 04:16 AM
    I just got my alert from BlackBerry to sign up for the DingleBerry Perv. Below are the images of the alert. The second one does talk about some of the specs of the device.

Here is the text, as per BlackBerry :

"PRIV has BlackBerry�s authentic keyboard, legendary security, streamlined communications and productivity combined with the wide world of Google Play� Store apps, a stunning 5.4� dual-curved screen, large 3410 mAh battery to power you through the busiest of days, both touch and type, Schneider-Kreuznach� certified camera engineered with the world�s finest technology and extraordinary audio quality, packaged in an ultra-thin, ergonomically perfect device with hidden keyboard via SmartSlide technology. The PRIV also introduces our exclusive DTEK� with BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy."

BlackBerry Priv specs released-img_20151018_052856.png
    BlackBerry Priv specs released-img_20151018_052916.png

Speaking for myself, I just bought my BlackBerry Leap a few months ago, so there is no way I'm spending money again on a new device. Just don't have the cash. Regardless, the BlackBerry Priv or DingleBerry Perv, as I like to call it, is not on my radar. A physical keyboard is a non-starter for me at this point. Maybe had this been an all-touch device, or if there was an all-touch version of it maybe...

But what kills it for me is the Retardroid, errrr....Android OS. That is a no-no. I buy BlackBerry hardware because of BB10 OS and the user experience I get from it. Android just can't deliver that.

But good luck to all those who do want to buy it and own it. I hope it serves you well.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    10-18-15 04:38 AM
    I just got my alert from BlackBerry to sign up for the DingleBerry Perv. Below are the images of the alert. The second one does talk about some of the specs of the device.

"PRIV has BlackBerry�s authentic keyboard, legendary security, streamlined communications and productivity combined with the wide world of Google Play� Store apps, a stunning 5.4� dual-curved screen, large 3410 mAh battery to power you through the busiest of days, both touch and type, Schneider-Kreuznach� certified camera engineered with the world�s finest technology and extraordinary audio quality, packaged in an ultra-thin, ergonomically perfect device with hidden keyboard via SmartSlide technology. The PRIV also introduces our exclusive DTEK� with BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy."

Speaking for myself, I just bought my BlackBerry Leap a few months ago, so there is no way I'm spending money again on a new device. Just don't have the cash. Regardless, the BlackBerry Priv or DingleBerry Perv, as I like to call it, is not on my radar. A physical keyboard is a non-starter for me at this point. Maybe had this been an all-touch device, or if there was an all-touch version of it maybe...

But what kills it for me is the Retardroid, errrr....Android OS. That is a no-no. I buy BlackBerry hardware because of BB10 OS and the user experience I get from it. Android just can't deliver that.

But good luck to all those who do want to buy it and own it. I hope it serves you well.
    BB10? NONE of that is Blackberry. It was an attempt to play in the touchscreen, app-filled world Apple created for its consumers. It failed because BB tried to play the game by the rules another guy created.

BB7 and earlier were the only true Blackberry. But that train left the station a long time ago.

I'm ecstatic to see BB10 go away, frankly, and to have a BB toolset on top of a modern mobile OS that's popular and has a lot of support and which is very familiar to the world. It's still not BB7, but it's FAR preferable to BB10. I don't mind Android in and of itself so much as I don't like its lack of enterprise awareness. Adding enterprise tools fixes quite a bit, and who better to understand the enterprise than BB?

BB10 needed to die, and Priv (not Dingleberry Perv, grow up) is a fitting wake for it.
    10-18-15 05:47 AM
    Still waiting to see if it's qhd and 5mp front facing but honestly doesn't matter, still buying it as my passport ages :P
    10-18-15 06:15 AM
    Actually the Z30 has a 8Mp rear and if you check the size of the Taken pictures, I rarely have more than a 2-3 Mp shot. So, it could be a 5Mp front shooter and the pictures taken were only 2Mp.
    Huh? I think you are confused between file size and pixel count.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:17 AM
    I don't care if the front camera is a 2, 5, 8 or 10mp -- I do care that the rear camera is competent.

All reports thus far are that it is, but we shall see. I'm reasonably happy with my Passport's camera, and I'm a photo snob with high end dSLR gear (and "real" 4k video gear too.) There are limitations in the small-sensor world that cell cameras are forced into (simply no way around it optically given the physics of it) that will never suffice for a lot of the shooting I do, with the most-serious being depth-of-field control that cannot be had without larger sensors and apertures and I expect the Priv to offer a better camera experience than the Passport by a material amount.

Nonetheless if the occasion demands real photography or videography I'm still going to be bringing my camera bag.
    Irish Blues likes this.
    10-18-15 06:29 AM
    As a sampler, nearly 4 pages of faffing about camera specs from the kind of crowd who accounts for 65% mobile sales worldwide. It took at least 5 guys, a minority obviously, to come around and educate why mega pixels are not the holy grail but a CmOS sensor is.
    If Priv was BB10 release there would hardly be such intellectual discussion about a front camera spec, not because BB10/crackberry crowd is happy with substandard stuff but they would rather discuss stuff other than camera specs.
    10-18-15 06:29 AM
    You know what had a 1.2 megapixel front camera up until a month ago? It did not hurt sales at all. And you know that the new back camera is only 12 megapixels now, just newly released? The megapixels did not matter because the cameras were still considered the best... somehow... Maybe we should be worrying about the optics and quality instead, hmm?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-18-15 06:40 AM
    As a sampler, nearly 4 pages of faffing about camera specs from the kind of crowd who accounts for 65% mobile sales worldwide. It took at least 5 guys, a minority obviously, to come around and educate why mega pixels are not the holy grail but a CmOS sensor is.
    If Priv was BB10 release there would hardly be such intellectual discussion about a front camera spec, not because BB10/crackberry crowd is happy with substandard stuff but they would rather discuss stuff other than camera specs.
    You don't get it do you? There is a perception among the great unwashed that 5 is better than 2, regardless of that small minority who know better. This perception will also be rampant at the point of sale and equate to lost sales.
    10-18-15 07:15 AM
    You don't get it do you? There is a perception among the great unwashed that 5 is better than 2, regardless of that small minority who know better. This perception will also be rampant at the point of sale and equate to lost sales.
    But people are isolating one spec. It may have a smaller selfie camera but a bigger battery than the phone next to it. Or the phone next to it might have a bigger selfie camera but no slide out keyboard. There are a whole host of specs to compare. Some may be "better" (bigger), some my be worse. I saw someone complain about the weight. Well sure, it adds a slide out keyboard and a very big battery. You want it to be the lightest too? Show me one phone that wins the spec race in every category. Front camera, back camera, battery, processor, weight, thinness, on and on and on...sigh

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-18-15 07:26 AM
    Dang, just got confirmation from a friend who get hands on with priv he said 2MP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151016_163004.jpg 
Views:	1554 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	376285

I sent a Facebook message to Car Phone Warehouse and they confirmed to me it is 2mp.
    10-18-15 07:36 AM
    But people are isolating one spec. It may have a smaller selfie camera but a bigger battery than the phone next to it. Or the phone next to it might have a bigger selfie camera but no slide out keyboard. There are a whole host of specs to compare. Some may be "better" (bigger), some my be worse. I saw someone complain about the weight. Well sure, it adds a slide out keyboard and a very big battery. You want it to be the lightest too? Show me one phone that wins the spec race in every category. Front camera, back camera, battery, processor, weight, thinness, on and on and on...sigh
    Exactly. Which is better? And which will sell better?

PRIV front 2 MP, back 18 MP
    S6 front 5 MP, back 16 MP
    iPhone 6s front 5 MP, back 12 MP
    M9 front 4 MP, back 20 MP
    G4 front 8 MP, back 16 MP
    Lumia 950 front 5 MP, back 20 MP
    Nokia 808 Pureview front 0.3 MP, back 41 MP
    10-18-15 07:44 AM
    I'm a grown-up. I have no need for selfies.

�ħՖ��Ʀⓣ
    This right here is why it's only 2mp, they do listen to their current user base. Since most of them think this way.
    Uzi and 00stryder like this.
    10-18-15 08:17 AM
    BB10? NONE of that is Blackberry. It was an attempt to play in the touchscreen, app-filled world Apple created for its consumers. It failed because BB tried to play the game by the rules another guy created.

BB7 and earlier were the only true Blackberry. But that train left the station a long time ago.

I'm ecstatic to see BB10 go away, frankly, and to have a BB toolset on top of a modern mobile OS that's popular and has a lot of support and which is very familiar to the world. It's still not BB7, but it's FAR preferable to BB10. I don't mind Android in and of itself so much as I don't like its lack of enterprise awareness. Adding enterprise tools fixes quite a bit, and who better to understand the enterprise than BB?

BB10 needed to die, and Priv (not Dingleberry Perv, grow up) is a fitting wake for it.
    Good for you. I like BlackBerry 10. I really don't care if it isn't "true BlackBerry". I don't like the DingleBerry Perv and can't stand Google Retardroid. Once BB10 goes away...well that's it then...

Good luck to you...

10-18-15 08:21 AM
    so the poster is talking about the specs reported by the store in Dubai. Who then, is the guy in the selfie? Obviously not the poster or his/her friend. This therefore, may not even be from the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 08:23 AM
    Cellphone makers should just stop producing as-thin-as-possible phones. Personally, I don't feel that having super-thin devices being more comfortable or easier to hold. I think the sweet-spot is around 10mm or even a little thicker if it has a curved back.
    They doo what sells. They would sell you a phone made of bird poo if that was the ultimate trend. People want thin phones... We got to know that the Priv is 9.4mm, wich in my book is amazingly thin, thinner than high end phones like the LG G4 and OnePlus2, but there were a few comments that said it was thick lol...

Now something that isn't as thin as a galaxy S6 or Iphone is considered a thick phone... the next week they start complaining about battery life in those phones.... That's Smartphone comunity for you...
    00stryder likes this.
    10-18-15 08:27 AM
    I don't think you understand. Everyone was adding high resolution displays and that didn't matter until Apple decided to introduce Retina Displays. Everyone was making larger displays and that didn't matter until Apple decided to do it too. Everyone started adding higher resolution front cameras and that didn't matter until Apple did too. Apple dictates what matters and these folks who are complaining know that. They care what Apple decides and BlackBerry missed the market again.
    True aswell... wait for "priv sucks because doesn't have force touch" lol
    10-18-15 08:31 AM

Name:	IMG_20151016_163004.jpg 
Views:	1554 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	376285

Just download the pictures from the review that german or Austrian guy made. The camera is 2MP, it's 1600x1200 pixels.
    10-18-15 08:37 AM

Name:	IMG_20151018_052856.png 
Views:	910 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	376287

Name:	IMG_20151018_052916.png 
Views:	909 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	376288

You bought a Leap.. A low end budget bb10 device.. And you don't have the cash. So even if you wanted the Priv, you can't afford it, got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-18-15 09:57 AM
    This right here is why it's only 2mp, they do listen to their current user base. Since most of them think this way.
    I'm also a grown up but back in my day we didn't call them selfies..we just call them taking pictures of yourself lol.

Nothing wrong with that. Hell I've even taken "selfies" with family members and friends believe it or not.

kbz1960, 00stryder and Blacklatino like this.
    10-18-15 10:01 AM
    You bought a Leap.. A low end budget bb10 device.. And you don't have the cash. So even if you wanted the Priv, you can't afford it, got it.

Not everyone has money and a good job. I got a free htc m9, and still can't afford to get the priv. If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate once before buying things. He'll I'd have a note 5 and g4 right now
    10-18-15 10:02 AM
    Good for you. I like BlackBerry 10. I really don't care if it isn't "true BlackBerry". I don't like the DingleBerry Perv and can't stand Google Retardroid. Once BB10 goes away...well that's it then...

Good luck to you...

Good for you. Bb10 isn't BlackBerry. And calling things names like a 10 year old doesn't give your posts any decent credibility.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:04 AM
    Not everyone has money and a good job. I got a free htc m9, and still can't afford to get the priv. If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate once before buying things. He'll I'd have a note 5 and g4 right now
    Yeah but I feel that he's attacking the Priv, android, etc just for the heck of it.

It's one thing to not buy the Priv because you can't afford it or you're locked in a contract or just aren't interested in it but to bash it because your not getting it?

10-18-15 10:05 AM
    Good for you. Bb10 isn't BlackBerry. And calling things names like a 10 year old doesn't give your posts any decent credibility.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is a BB product, just like everything else they have done. Not sure what you are on about.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-18-15 10:52 AM
233 ... 23456 ...