Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Priv

Blackberry priv: some apps are not closing properly and draining the battery

Asked: Sep 29 2019 | 4:59 am EDT 2706 Views 3 Answers

Hi all, for a couple of months now I have a problem with some apps not closing properly. So even though I have closed them they still run in the ba kground and massively drain the battery. First it was just my femometer app, which I have to force stop after every use and now it is also my Facebook app. Here even when I force stop it, it keeps on turning itself on again.

Any ideas if this is a fault with the phone or with the apps?

The phone is not the newest, turning 4 this year.

More Answers

Sep 29 2019 | 11:28 am EDT Chuck Finley69

Hi all, for a couple of months now I have a problem with some apps not closing properly. So even though I have closed them they still run in the ba kground and massively drain the battery. First it was just my femometer app, which I have to force stop after every use and now it is also my Facebook app. Here even when I force stop it, it keeps on turning itself on again.

Factory reset if you haven’t done recently...

Sep 29 2019 | 12:40 pm EDT conite

Apps just do that. That's why apps like Greenify exist.

Sep 30 2019 | 8:07 pm EDT Exedorable

Definitely grab FB Lite - it's a must on a priv. I have the occasional issue of apps I never even used that day (Netflix most consistently) draining huge chunks of battery, sometimes the *biggest* chunks of battery. On apps you use on a reg basis, say FB for ex, consider turning all notifs off and checking them when you normally launch the app yourself. Most recent bug I've had has been a FB banner notif that reads "there may have been posts you have missed" - and this is w/ no Wi-Fi, no data, no internet connection whatsoever