Saw this article: US Police Can Copy Your iPhone's Contents In Under Two Minutes

This is scary. Is Android really so insecure that Cellebrite can bypass any type of lock and use a proprietary boot loader to get data?

Is the Priv vulnerable?

Cellebrite - Android Forensics - Physical Extraction and Decoding from Android Devices
    Cellebrite's physical extraction method from more than 500 locked Android based devices bypassing any type of lock (Pattern/PIN/Password) and uses Cellebrite's proprietary boot loaders, enabling a forensically sound extraction process. Physical extraction from these devices can be done, regardless of their OS version, and does not require temporary rooting

UFED can disable pattern/PIN/password locks on selected Samsung Android devices

Physical extraction and advanced decoding, via USB debugging, for ALL Android OS versions including Android 4.X (Ice Cream Sandwich). Physical extraction for any locked device is only available if the USB debugging has been switched on
    02-20-16 12:58 PM
    Probably not. Just like BlackBerry isn't either. Cellebrite makes all sorts of claims, though, some are sketchy, others have been proven to work. It's a hit or miss system in any case.

http://www.cellebrite.com/Pages/blac...kberry-devices
    02-20-16 01:06 PM
    Priv requires a BlackBerry-signed bootloader (hardware root of trust and secure bootchain). I'm thinking they should be OK.
    02-20-16 01:06 PM
    02-20-16 01:07 PM
    Priv requires a BlackBerry-signed bootloader (hardware root of trust and secure bootchain). I'm thinking they should be OK.
    And that's where it gets technical. BB10 has the same thing essentially and they claim they can. \_(ツ)_/
    02-20-16 01:17 PM
    thread's reopened, .... just noticed replies, and is actually a bit more informative
    02-20-16 01:59 PM
    And that's where it gets technical. BB10 has the same thing essentially and they claim they can. \_(ツ)_/
    I wish BlackBerry would release comprehensive details including test results and scenario based analysis. It would be very informative. I mean, I don't believe the average owner of a BlackBerry knows how exactly the security works to protect them. All most people know is "BlackBerry produces the most secured phones". Information about what makes BlackBerry phones so secure is either not available or very undetailed.

Would love to see BlackBerry put up a website detailing various commonly used exploits and proving BlackBerry can stop them and how it does.
    Acemaster87 likes this.
    02-20-16 02:07 PM