How durable is the screen to drops? I want to buy the priv, regret not buying it when it was 650 Canadian.

I see att prices are about 500 Canadian on ebay but I worry about cracking the screen. I ask because I won't be able to get the blackberry protect plan on a used phone!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    09-18-16 12:07 PM
    How durable is the screen to drops? I want to buy the priv, regret not buying it when it was 650 Canadian.

I see att prices are about 500 Canadian on ebay but I worry about cracking the screen. I ask because I won't be able to get the blackberry protect plan on a used phone!

First, people have broken their screens although not many reports.

Can't you acquire a new one cheap these days from Shop BB? And for a reasonable price?
    09-18-16 12:33 PM

well... I haven't see many brokens screen PRIV's around here. I don't use a case on mine and i've droped a few times, with no scratches or dents.

I think is that because that grey metal bazel (the chassis that holds the screen), is a bit raised, so the actual screen doesn't touch the table if you're facing it down.

The screen is also similar to the Galaxy S6 and S7 edge, and those seemed to be very shatter resistant, even more than the flat screen of the S6

Hope I helped
    09-18-16 12:36 PM
    An aquantance of mine dropped his naked Priv. Cracked the screen. 300 dollars (CDN) to repair.

I got mine through Amazon.ca and was able to purchase the BlackBerry protection plan.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 01:45 PM
    I'm on my second PRIV after cracking the screen. I dropped it from about four feet onto a a concrete drive. That being said, most phone screens can crack.

You might consider getting a case for it.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-16 02:02 PM