hi guys, i have now galaxy note 5 and gear s2 classic

i want to buy bb priv

Gear S2 is compatible with Blackberry priv?
    alexeysalo likes this.
    10-25-15 03:17 PM
    Why wouldn't it be? It's a full android phone

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 03:31 PM
    Why wouldn't it be? It's a full android phone

Posted via CB10
    gear s2 dont have compatibility for all androids
    10-25-15 03:33 PM
    gear s2 dont have compatibility for all androids
    Wouldn't that therefore answer your question? Either way, phone's still not out, no way to tell right now anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 03:39 PM
    doesn't the G2 works with certain versions of android? i'm pretty sure it works with lollipop. but i would ask this question in the connectedly section of the site.
    10-25-15 03:48 PM

i want to buy bb priv

Has not worked well forbme. Drops BT connection and requires frequent gear hard reset. Now connected to my note 5 and so far so good. Several posts re this BT issue
    alexeysalo likes this.
    11-28-15 02:21 AM
    Has not worked well forbme. Drops BT connection and requires frequent gear hard reset. Now connected to my note 5 and so far so good. Several posts re this BT issue
    Agreed although samsung gear great smartwatch they do have connectivity issues with non samsung androids. Love my Pebble time Steel and my second pebble. I did use the bbos10 app talk2watch pro with the Pebble but since installing to the Priv it seems more smooth and better optimized to work with android devices better than Bbos10.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 02:26 AM

i want to buy bb priv

Priv meets minimum RAM requirements for the Samsung Gear app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-15 02:31 AM
    I've experienced similar problems. When it does work it works well, other times.......
    11-28-15 07:54 AM
    Any sense where the weak link is...ie do we think a OS update will fix the problem...it is a RAM issue? BT issue? I REALLY like the gear 2 so my work around (not proud of it)....is to have my Priv forward the calls after 4 rings to my Note 5 then on to the watch...I also have the text from the PRIV forwarded to the Note 5...so you might say...why have the Priv??? Great question....I am a keyboard guy (came from the Passport which was a MUCH better keyboard) and do like the setup of the OS on the Priv....I gues :-(??????
    12-07-15 12:10 AM
    Works fine with gear s2 I am using it

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:20 AM
    I had no BT issues
    Yesterday the gear s2 updated but no sure what are the changes

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:21 AM
    Works across all notifications....phone calls and sms???
    12-07-15 09:45 PM
    So as is often the case when you seek advice from a forum you seldom get a clear, direct answer. The CB discussion on this issue lacks specificity. However, I will persist in hopes of getting a specific answer.
    I have a Samsung Gear S and just got a Blackberry Priv. I love the Gear S but cannot get it to pair with the Priv.
    Has anyone actually paired a Gear S with a Priv (not just speculated as to whether it should or shouldn't)?
    If you have successfully paired a Gear S with a Priv, can you describe how you did it.
    Sorry for the cynicism but like most folks I'm just looking for a solution and not interested in the standard forum BS,
    Cheers, Pat
    01-02-16 11:06 AM
    Has anyone actually paired a Gear S with a Priv (not just speculated as to whether it should or shouldn't)?
    If you have successfully paired a Gear S with a Priv, can you describe how you did it.
    Sorry for the cynicism but like most folks I'm just looking for a solution and not interested in the standard forum BS,
    Cheers, Pat
    Ouch!
    I guess you're in the wrong place then. Better go buy one and find out for yourself. Then come back and straighten us all out.
    01-02-16 11:30 AM
    The Gear S only works with samsung phones

The Gear S2 works with all android phones

There is already a thread on this which Blaze stated this fact with other backing it up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1052797

01-02-16 03:26 PM
    Thanks Jasonvan9 for a clear, concise answer. Just what one should expect from a help forum.
    I have both a Priv and a Gear S, the latter which is an excellent device, and I would have preferred to keep using it. Your comment suggests I may have to add a Gear 2 unless someone can suggest a better match.
    01-03-16 06:27 AM

i want to buy bb priv

Nope nope and no.

01-03-16 08:29 AM
    I use a Pebble time steel w/matching stainless steel watch band.

Works great with BlackBerry Priv.

Attached Thumbnails Blackberry priv with Samsung gear s2-338468.jpg  
    01-03-16 08:35 AM
    Check out Dom Espiritos Gear S2 Classic review on Youtube. He used the BB Priv as a sample.

01-03-16 10:54 AM
    Well as per the suggestion, I did get a Samsung Gear S2 and unlike the Gear S, it works well with the my Priv. While a very attractive watch, it is plagued by the availability of very few desirable apps outside of 100's of watch faces. Multiple reviewers have commented on this limitation due to the Tizen OS, and my month plus use experience unfortunately confirms it.
    I've been intrigued by the watch face change capability and while I have not yet attempted to design one, I have been checking out the very creative designs of others. I have also attempted to use watch face apps like Facer and WatchMaker, but have not had a lot of luck, at least in attempting to import watch face designs via these apps to my Gear S2. Instructions and tutorials for importing creations external to those offered directly by these apps seem limited to not available. This has become a challenge now and if anyone has detailed instructions as to how to import a watch face file with a "gwd" (a zip file, I believe) extension to BB Priv/Gear S2 I would be grateful if you would consider sharing it .
    Anyway, this is a very attractive watch, and like most smartwatches, has a lot of potential, but just isn't there yet.
    Cheers, Pat
    pkcable likes this.
    02-15-16 08:29 AM
    Nope nope and no.

You are wrong, gear s2 watch is 100% compatible with priv, been using it for nearly 2 months and everything works (all notifications from all apps, texts, hub etc)

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    02-15-16 11:36 AM
    Well I certainly don't rule out finger trouble at my end but I've been having a great deal of difficulty, as in no luck what so ever, in getting the combination of the Gear S2, the Priv and either Facer or Watch Maker to play nice together. Again, I emphasize the user component may be at issue, thus the request for detailed instructions. Any and all help/suggestions welcome.
    Cheers, Pat
    02-15-16 12:02 PM
    I have Note 5 and Gear S2 as well. I've just bought the Priv and I can tell you there are no issues or whatsoever so far. I even downloaded S Health to monitor the overall syncing.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    02-15-16 12:29 PM
    I was using the gear s2 with priv, it worked flawlessly, all features as far as I am aware or used, however I did the gear update a few days ago and now my gear s2 will not connect with my priv!

The watch will show as a bluetooth device and is paired, but it won't actually complete the bluetooth connection anymore. I will try and delete and reset everything and retry but this is a pain.

02-19-16 07:34 AM
27 12