Rogers is suppose to unlock it for you if you request it right away.

It's the law.
    And do you ask the rep in store or you call rogers on the phone ? Usually they don't want t serve you if you're not a costumer

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-06-15 10:19 PM
    I took a coworker who is a rogers customer with me there and told them I wanted to buy outright, they were a little hesitant, but went ahead with the deal.
    What's the outright price ?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-06-15 10:22 PM
    Fido is owned by rogers. That's why. Try inserting a bell or Telus simcard and then you won't be able to use it.
    It's not always true. Other than BlackBerry devices, handsets on Rogers don't work for fido before unlocked. Vice versa.
    11-06-15 11:23 PM
    It's not always true. Other than BlackBerry devices, handsets on Rogers don't work for fido before unlocked. Vice versa.
    It worked for me on rogers and Fido (z30) but still could not use it in Europe on vodafone even though I paid Rogers to unlock it.
    It worked beutifully on vodafone with the rogers simcard but not with the one from vodafone. It said: the phone is network locked.
    Rogers wants to make money on roaming...
    11-06-15 11:37 PM
    Had 4+ stores deny me this morning. Franchise stores prefer contracts

Posted via CB10
    That is true but head over to a corporate store and they will sell it outright.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:53 AM
    Guys, Unlockunit refunded me the money because they could not find the unlock code for BB Priv, anyone knows who might?
    11-09-15 12:26 PM
    Check the Pacific mall where, you can get everything but a biological mother! Not kidding!

Posted via CB10 app using the mighty Passport.
    11-09-15 12:32 PM
    Check the Pacific mall where, you can get everything but a biological mother! Not kidding!

You can get movies from that mall,before their even filmed. Haha

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:33 PM
    You betcha! I live 5 minutes away from the mall and unlocking and jailbreaking are done by 15 year old kids (perhaps they are in there 30s)

anon4226395 likes this.
    11-09-15 12:38 PM
    Guys, Unlockunit refunded me the money because they could not find the unlock code for BB Priv, anyone knows who might?
    You can try these guys... but not sure how much I would trust them considering they just took their LEAP ad and change Leap to Priv....

TELUS Android BlackBerry Priv Unlock code for Rogers,Fido,Chatr,Bell,Virgin,Sasktel
    11-09-15 01:01 PM
    Had 4+ stores deny me this morning. Franchise stores prefer contracts

Posted via CB10
    I had the option of outright purchase or on contract. I was month-to-month but renewing the contract on the same terms was the less expensive option. The wireless carrier franchisee got their commission and I saved money.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 03:50 AM
    I had the option of outright purchase or on contract. I was month-to-month but renewing the contract on the same terms was the less expensive option. The wireless carrier franchisee got their commission and I saved money.

It comes down to what plan you have. If you have those older cheaper plans you will be forced to change it.
    11-10-15 05:06 AM
    Is there a difference in feel to the demo and live model? I felt the demo was top heavy and keys felt crappie vs classic?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:35 AM
    Is there a difference in feel to the demo and live model? I felt the demo was top heavy and keys felt crappie vs classic?

Posted via CB10
    If you mean the dummy, it's literally just a paperweight. And generally is not an indicator, even for live devices, since it's usually weighted down by the security attachment.

As for the keys on the live device, it's softer than both the Classic and the Passport. Key travel not too big difference to the Passport, but much more shallow than the Classic.
    11-10-15 06:08 AM
    Hey pre456 and everyone else,

I just saw this thread, otherwise would have chimed in earlier.

It can be unlocked 100% We unlocked a Rogers PRIV for Bla1ze's friend on Saturday as well as have been unlocking the Priv since release date on Rogers, Bell, Telus as well as AT&T USA. We have unlocked many and I can confirm it is 100% possible to unlock.

These are easier to unlock compared to when the passport just released, those were a bit harder to unlock

Some Rogers Priv IMEI#'s are coming back as NOT FOUND when unlocking with other sites. If that happens we have a NOT FOUND method that can provide the code for most of those units as well. so pre456 we may be able to help

If anyone has questions let me know I'm always happy to help.
    Cheers!

Sean
    Guys, lockunit refunded me the money because they could not find the unlock code for BB Priv, anyone knows who might?
    11-11-15 02:40 AM
    It comes down to what plan you have. If you have those older cheaper plans you will be forced to change it.
    My plan is fifteen dollars a month cheaper than the currently available data allotment plus I have a 2 GB bonus monthly for a year with my plan. So it is cheaper and to keep my plan with the bonus data and pay six hundred for the BlackBerry Priv than to take the lower four hundred dollar price and a plan costing fifteen days dollars more each month. Over 2 years I will save 160.00.

11-11-15 08:43 AM
    My plan is fifteen dollars a month cheaper than the currently available data allotment plus I have a 2 GB bonus monthly for a year with my plan. So it is cheaper and to keep my plan with the bonus data and pay six hundred for the BlackBerry Priv than to take the lower four hundred dollar price and a plan costing fifteen days dollars more each month. Over 2 years I will save 160.00.

Yep, that's the right way to look at it. Total cost of ownership instead of upfront. Carriers love giving out "free phones" then charge you a arm and leg for the plan.
    11-11-15 08:58 AM
    I have a guy who unlocks for 40 and can do it for the Priv.
    11-11-15 09:58 AM
    Rogers will unlock for you if you purchased it outright for $50. They told me if I sign a contract I have to wait 90 days.

11-11-15 10:06 AM
    Yep, that's the right way to look at it. Total cost of ownership instead of upfront. Carriers love giving out "free phones" then charge you a arm and leg for the plan.
    Every wireless carrier in Canada relies on the ignorance of consumers. I don't blame the sales representatives when the wireless carriers keep changing the data plans. it is up to us to know the real costs associated with our smartphones.

11-11-15 10:07 AM
    Every wireless carrier in Canada relies on the ignorance of consumers. I don't blame the sales representatives when the wireless carriers keep changing the data plans. it is up to us to know the real costs associated with our smartphones.

I just hate the fact that I had to jump a bunch of hoops to get a plan that even remotely makes sense.
    11-11-15 11:02 AM
    Here's a YouTube video CB Editor in Chief Bla1ze's friend made of unlocking a Rogers blackberry priv with us

It can be done
    11-13-15 04:14 PM
    If you buy any device outright in canada, you have right to have it unlocked by which ever carrier you bought it from RIGHT AWAY.

It is the law.
    And for a fee don't forget! It ain't free!

Resilience likes this.
    11-14-15 03:10 AM
48 12