So i just bought the last remaining rogers blackberry priv in stock at 130 king st in downtown toronto. Btw I called other stores and they said rogers will not launch the phone, or it wont come till next week. Way to go blackberry lol.

Anyways, do u guys know, where I can unlock the blackberry priv? any websites?
    11-06-15 01:08 PM
    You mean Priv and not autotext "Prive"

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:10 PM
    The store at Bay and Adelaide has plenty in stock. I was there 20 minutes ago.
    11-06-15 01:10 PM
    So i just bought the last remaining rogers blackberry priv in stock at 130 king st in downtown toronto. Btw I called other stores and they said rogers will not launch the phone, or it wont come till next week. Way to go blackberry lol.

Unfortunately I don't know of any sites that have the unlock codes yet for the Priv, you may be SOL unless you go into the Rogers and have them unlock it for you. I mean it'll cost you more than the unlock sites, but they by law have to unlock it for you (but they can charge to unlock).

You may be able to find a kiosk in the mall or something that already has the unlock codes though?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-06-15 01:15 PM
    I just tried the unlockunit.com website right now, lets see if they get it or not, they charged $13 CAD (9USD). I will keep u guys updated.
    11-06-15 01:19 PM
    The store at Bay and Adelaide has plenty in stock. I was there 20 minutes ago.
    I was there too... probably saw you there. hahaha They only had the demo version to play with so i'm off to the Exchange Tower which has a real device. I ordered mine so i'm playing the waiting game.
    11-06-15 01:19 PM

Do they sell to non Rogers customers outright?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:28 PM
    friend of mine who is a rogers customer and account holder. He already set up his new plan and is waiting to receive the phone. He called around to different stores and they didn't want to sell it to him. Only to "new" accounts / customers which is too bad
    11-06-15 01:39 PM
    I took a coworker who is a rogers customer with me there and told them I wanted to buy outright, they were a little hesitant, but went ahead with the deal.
    11-06-15 01:40 PM
    I was there too... probably saw you there. hahaha They only had the demo version to play with so i'm off to the Exchange Tower which has a real device. I ordered mine so i'm playing the waiting game.
    I spoke to Erika at B&A store and she said no problem with cancelling the reservation and buying it from them. She was extremely helpful and also told me that there was a live model at Exchange Tower.
    11-06-15 01:42 PM
    I took a coworker who is a rogers customer with me there and told them I wanted to buy outright, they were a little hesitant, but went ahead with the deal.
    Awesome, maybe I'll try that out if the unlockunit.com site works for you! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:58 PM
    I spoke to Erika at B&A store and she said no problem with cancelling the reservation and buying it from them. She was extremely helpful and also told me that there was a live model at Exchange Tower.
    Oh they had stock, i cancelled my Rogers purchase yesterday because i wanted a device with Wireless charging. Between that and having it unlocked, i justified to myself spending the $100.00 on the ShopBlackberry version (plus the first to get updates helped too)
    11-06-15 02:37 PM
    Rogers is suppose to unlock it for you if you request it right away.

It's the law.
    11-06-15 02:47 PM
    friend of mine who is a rogers customer and account holder. He already set up his new plan and is waiting to receive the phone. He called around to different stores and they didn't want to sell it to him. Only to "new" accounts / customers which is too bad
    I call non-sense on your claim that Rogers Wireless will only sell the BlackBerry Priv to new customers. I bought one in-store today.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 03:02 PM
    I call non-sense on your claim that Rogers Wireless will only sell the BlackBerry Priv to new customers. I bought one in-store today.

Had 4+ stores deny me this morning. Franchise stores prefer contracts

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:23 PM
    Friend working at one of the Glentel stores told me they got 2 and sold it already.
    11-06-15 03:54 PM
    Had 4+ stores deny me this morning. Franchise stores prefer contracts

Posted via CB10
    You need a higher calibre wireless carrier in your area.
    11-06-15 04:06 PM
    Guys, I inserted my fido sim in the rogers phone, and it works fine! Did not even need to unlock it, and this website unlockunit is bad, their customer service is bad and they haven't sent anything. Do not use them. I know its first day and it takes time for these guys to figure out codes, but I was told 20 minutes from them.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:24 PM
    Yes, Canada GSM lists the Priv for unlocking: Canada GSM leading cell phones Unlock Codes Server
    I've used them before with good results.
    11-06-15 05:58 PM
    Guys, I inserted my fido sim in the rogers phone, and it works fine! Did not even need to unlock it, and this website unlockunit is bad, their customer service is bad and they haven't sent anything. Do not use them. I know its first day and it takes time for these guys to figure out codes, but I was told 20 minutes from them.

Posted via CB10
    Fido is owned by rogers. That's why. Try inserting a bell or Telus simcard and then you won't be able to use it.
    11-06-15 06:39 PM
    How much did you pay from Rogers for outright purchase

11-06-15 06:55 PM
    You need a higher calibre wireless carrier in your area.
    Ok I'll tell Telus and rogers, Canada's largest carriers to smarten up

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:16 PM
    You mean Priv and not autotext "Prive"

Posted via CB10
    Fixed
    11-06-15 07:18 PM
    Unfortunately I don't know of any sites that have the unlock codes yet for the Priv, you may be SOL unless you go into the Rogers and have them unlock it for you. I mean it'll cost you more than the unlock sites, but they by law have to unlock it for you (but they can charge to unlock).

You may be able to find a kiosk in the mall or something that already has the unlock codes though?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Rogers can unlock, subject to their terms & conditions: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wi...setLanguage=en

Unless things have changed with the retail side, in the past an outright sale of a device won't gain much commission for a salesperson/store. New customers get the most commission, followed by existing customers who recommit to a new contract. I've heard old stories where stores would get customers to "cancel", but then sign up brand-new to take advantage of deals and the commission.
    11-06-15 10:00 PM
    If you buy any device outright in canada, you have right to have it unlocked by which ever carrier you bought it from RIGHT AWAY.

It is the law.
    11-06-15 10:10 PM
48 12