12-05-15 01:10 PM
    The reviewer was honest until he wrote,

"For many smartphones users, BlackBerry is synonymous with the word keyboard. For years, BlackBerry made the best physical, full QWERTY keypads in the business — it still does. But the PRIV does not have one of them. The keyboard is supposed to be PRIV's crown jewel, but it lacks luster.

PRIV's keyboard slides out from underneath its large, curved display, and when it's fully extended, the bottom edge of the screen creates a sort of elevated ridge that sits just 5 millimeters above the top row of keys. The result is a less than ideal typing experience, because your thumbs hit the ridge when you tap the top row of keys."

From that point onward it was pure dishonesty. Too bad. The website should terminate the writer for lack of journalistic integrity.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    12-05-15 01:36 PM

"For many smartphones users, BlackBerry is synonymous with the word keyboard. For years, BlackBerry made the best physical, full QWERTY keypads in the business � it still does. But the PRIV does not have one of them. The keyboard is supposed to be PRIV's crown jewel, but it lacks luster.

PRIV's keyboard slides out from underneath its large, curved display, and when it's fully extended, the bottom edge of the screen creates a sort of elevated ridge that sits just 5 millimeters above the top row of keys. The result is a less than ideal typing experience, because your thumbs hit the ridge when you tap the top row of keys."

From that point onward it was pure dishonesty. Too bad. The website should terminate the writer for lack of journalistic integrity.
    What you call dishonesty I call opinion. Because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a liar. Oh wait, I guess it does displaying the continued attitude towards anyone who reviews this phone and doesn't proclaim it as the greatest Android device ever.
    JeepBB, twelvezero8, TGR1 and 5 others like this.
    12-05-15 01:42 PM
    What's your opinion on the piece OP?
    12-05-15 02:28 PM
    What's your opinion on the piece OP?
    I didn't read it. It's easier to read the feedback here.
    jope28 and gizmo21 like this.
    12-05-15 02:31 PM
    I didn't read it. It's easier to read the feedback here.
    That's not cool. Throwing it out there just so you can sit back and watch the fireworks.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-05-15 02:41 PM
    He had three major gripes: build quality, no Verizon version, no Marshmallow.

Well, the first is opinion. I think the build quality is excellent, and I love holding this device in my hand.

We know the Verizon phone is coming, and we know the Android M update is coming too. These two were easy ones he could have checked. Strange that he did not mention that.

Otherwise a nice review.
    Last edited by conite; 12-05-15 at 03:22 PM.
    12-05-15 02:52 PM
    That's not cool. Throwing it out there just so you can sit back and watch the fireworks.
    No not at all...just a lot more knowledgeable people around these parts to discuss it...I'd rather hear their take on it.

Posted from my Priv!
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-06-15 at 10:35 AM.
    12-05-15 02:55 PM

"For many smartphones users, BlackBerry is synonymous with the word keyboard. For years, BlackBerry made the best physical, full QWERTY keypads in the business � it still does. But the PRIV does not have one of them. The keyboard is supposed to be PRIV's crown jewel, but it lacks luster.

I agree with that description of the keyboard. It's really not great... Unfortunate

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-05-15 05:30 PM

"For many smartphones users, BlackBerry is synonymous with the word keyboard. For years, BlackBerry made the best physical, full QWERTY keypads in the business — it still does. But the PRIV does not have one of them. The keyboard is supposed to be PRIV's crown jewel, but it lacks luster.

I tried a Priv and found the same issue as the reviewer. The keyboard for me isn't a crown jewel for BlackBerry.
    12-05-15 05:41 PM
    What you call dishonesty I call opinion. Because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a liar. Oh wait, I guess it does displaying the continued attitude towards anyone who reviews this phone and doesn't proclaim it as the greatest Android device ever.
    Incorrect. I willingly accept other points of view when they are based in fact not opinion.

The physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Priv is the equivalent of the BlackBerry Bold 97XX physical keyboards. BlackBerry users considered this keyboard (Bold 97XX) to be superior and highly enhancing to productivity. To claim the BlackBerry Priv has a difficult to use keyboard is tantamount to claiming the wheel is not round enough.
    12-05-15 06:51 PM
    Incorrect. I willingly accept other points of view when they are based in fact not opinion.

The physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Priv is the equivalent of the BlackBerry Bold 97XX physical keyboards. BlackBerry users considered this keyboard (Bold 97XX) to be superior and highly enhancing to productivity. To claim the BlackBerry Priv has a difficult to use keyboard is tantamount to claiming the wheel is not round enough.
    Lol right. You win the delusional post of the year award.
    TGR1, jope28, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    12-05-15 06:53 PM

Actually. What you state is an opinion and not a fact.
    TGR1 and RyanGermann like this.
    12-05-15 06:53 PM
    Actually. What you state is an opinion and not a fact.
    I disagree but accept your opposing viewpoint. See I am reasonable. ;-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-05-15 07:08 PM

I have a 9930, and the key travel feels deeper on the 9930 than it is on the Priv. I prefer that.

Plus, as the reviewer pointed out, the top row on the Priv is too close to the ridge above it. This is obviously not a problem on the Bold.
    kbz1960 and dejanh like this.
    12-05-15 07:08 PM
    I personally could not care less what any reviewer has to say about a product. The only thing matters are the specs and my own personal experience.

Posted from my Priv!
    Mr4aces, qwerty4ever and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-15 07:09 PM
    I personally could not care less what any reviewer has to say about a product. The only thing I am interested in are the specs and my own personal experience.

Posted from my Priv!
    So why did you post the link to the review?
    12-05-15 07:12 PM
    So why did you post the link to the review?
    To start a discussion so I could post about how meaningless I find reviews.

Posted from my Priv!
    12-05-15 07:16 PM
    To start a discussion so I could post about how meaningless I find reviews.

Posted from my Priv!
    Makes sense especially since you didn't read it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    12-05-15 07:18 PM
    I agree with that description of the keyboard. It's really not great... Unfortunate

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Same complaint I heard of 9800, my last slider. Nothing new really. Slider is always a compromise. A good one to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 07:39 PM
    Same complaint I heard of 9800, my last slider. Nothing new really. Slider is always a compromise. A good one to me.

Posted via CB10
    I tried the priv in store today. Some people just don't understand that anything different than what they have been using will need time to get used to.

The first month of owning a passport I could barely type on it, and now it's my favorite keyboard.

And anyone who says the priv keyboard is too small. You must be joking because it's as big or bigger than the torch 9810 and back then I was enjoying the hell out of that.
    12-05-15 08:07 PM

How could his opinion be dishonest? He didn't like the keyboard.

Posted from CB10
    12-05-15 08:22 PM
    How could his opinion be dishonest? He didn't like the keyboard.

Posted from CB10
    Because he didn't like it, that's why he was lying. You aren't allowed to not like it.
    12-05-15 08:26 PM
    Guys guys, look at Qwerty4ever's ID, understandable.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-05-15 08:36 PM
    I actually find the ridge at bottom of screen or top of keyboard to be helpful. Sort of a 'grounding' spot so I know where my thumbs are, similar to the space bar size and location. This is helpful for me as I learn the keyboard. I have enjoyed many of the BlackBerry keyboard version's, and all of them seem to take me a couple months to master. Maybe because I have not fit the savvy young tech mold for a couple decades...
    rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-05-15 09:57 PM
36 12