-When receiving a call it's one of two screens ; the full screen or a bar at the top,
    you can accidentally close out the phone screen,then you have to go through a lot to get it back just to end the call ,It should be like bb10 and stay at the top of the screen.
    -With the alarm screen you have to slide a bar just to snooze and the screen stays on (you should be able to touch the screen anywhere to snooze like bb10) and if you make a mistake and close out the screen as the alarm is going off you have to go through so much to get back to it just to turn it off.
    -Why we don't have the pause option in speed dial for extentions.
    Why we don't have long press in speed dial for other number options (when you designate a number in speed dial you lose the long press option)
    -Why does the screen stay on sometimes?
    -Why is the volume button (it should be called the notification button)for the notification? if I want to turn down a video before it shows I have to push the volume button and then the bar at the top of the screen.
    -Where is the reader mode.
    -Double tap to wake is not consistent.

Posted via blackberry priv
    sasupt likes this.
    01-16-16 06:15 PM
    Agreed on all points

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    will308 likes this.
    01-16-16 06:58 PM
    Mokimoki brought up several issues I hadn't even discovered yet, and I have a fairly long of complaints myself! And these are significant enough that I'm considering trading my Priv in for a Passport, despite my preference for an on-screen keyboard.

Namely (and these are in no particular order);

I can't find a year view in Calendar.

There is no Gallery app and the Photos app that comes with the phone doesn't allow photos to be organized into folder. It also doesn't allow pictures to be hidden.

We lost Timeshift in the camera app.

I can only assign one picture to a contact now.

I can also only assign one ringtone to a contact instead of being able to assign separate sounds for calls, ringtones, social media, etc.

When assigning a ringtone, there is no way to preview it.

I can't customize the colour of pulse lights depending on who or which notification is incoming. Or even tell which colour is for which notification as there is no legend.

There is no way to customize the quick settings.

Where is bedside mode?!

With these and the many other productivity options lost, I am having a hard time loving my new phone.

frisco49ers and will308 like this.
    01-16-16 07:56 PM
    One answer. Android.

One solution. BlackBerry 10.

Stay with BlackBerry 10, as it clearly met all of your needs.

I have a bunch of BlackBerry 10 devices and my PRIV. Love them all, but Android is quite a bit different than BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry can't bake in features like they could with their own OS (obviously). Does that mean BlackBerry can't bring more BlackBerry 10ness to Android? Nope, I'm sure they'll work on a lot of little things like these as time goes on.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:08 PM
    It's almost like you're asking for BlackBerry 10. Those are all the practical little things people love BlackBerry for.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:09 PM
    You knew the Priv was an android phone when you bought it. What's the problem?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-16-16 09:19 PM

What is your point? I have never used an android phone before, these are legitimate issues that on one should put up with. So go lay down!

lift, anon(9742832) and will308 like this.
    01-17-16 08:33 AM
    What is your point? I have never used an android phone before, these are legitimate issues that on one should put up with. So go lay down!

I think what he/she meant to say was, some of these issues are because of limitations with the Android O/S and that you probably should have researched before buying one.
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-17-16 05:34 PM

-When receiving a call it's one of two screens ; the full screen or a bar at the top,
    you can accidentally close out the phone screen,then you have to go through a lot to get it back just to end the call ,It should be like bb10 and stay at the top of the screen.

It is full-screen when you are not currently using the device; Heads-Up notification when you are using the device. This is because it would be irritating to be immediately thrown away from what you are doing/looking at on the phone when a call comes in--especially if it winds up being a call you do not even want to answer. "You have to go through a lot to get it back" -- what do you mean? If you accidentally minimize something, you can press the square on-screen button at the bottom (triangle, circle, and square buttons). That's the multi-task button. Tap it once, then tap the app you accidentally minimized. Boom, it's back full and front center. How is that "going through a lot"? Is this what you meant to say?

Also, if you accidentally "closed" the phone screen, during a call, it is a feature with a green circle and a timer increasing as the duration of the call continues. You can press and move this little circle anywhere on the screen you wish, so that you can be on a call and still use the phone screen as much as you want. Is this what you meant?

-With the alarm screen you have to slide a bar just to snooze and the screen stays on (you should be able to touch the screen anywhere to snooze like bb10) and if you make a mistake and close out the screen as the alarm is going off you have to go through so much to get back to it just to turn it off.

Again, you don't have to go through "so much" to get back to your screen. You just, you know, go back to it...just follow the literally-two-step process I described above. Hopefully I'm understanding you correctly. As for the other issue...

I don't use whatever the stock alarm app on the Priv is (I guess it's called "Clock"?). So I don't know its features and/or its limitations. But if you want an alarm clock app that offers the ability to touch anywhere and snooze, there is an abundant amount in the Play Store to choose from. I happen to use one that does do this, however, it's an app that isn't often updated anymore, and the UI can be daunting/confusing. It's called Gentle Alarm. I don't recommend it for you, because apparently you don't even like merely sliding your finger across a bar to snooze...I highly doubt you'd have any patience for learning an app in Gentle Alarm's condition right now.

Why we don't have long press in speed dial for other number options (when you designate a number in speed dial you lose the long press option)

Instead of tapping their picture, just tap the three-dot menu button at the top-right of their picture. This brings up their info, numbers first, and then you just tap the specific number you're trying to call instead of whichever one you set as speed dial. Sure, it's an extra two steps. Sorry, I don't have a way around that when compared to BB10. But this is Android, so I guarantee you there are many different ways around it, not just one. You probably are not interested in them though: again, you seem like a "stock or nothing" kinda user. Nothing wrong with that, though.

-Why does the screen stay on sometimes?

Could be a hardware issue. That would suck.
    It could also be a setting. First place to check (forgive me if this is obvious) would be your screen timeout options. (Settings --> Display --> Sleep). Change that to something you want.
    Second thing to check would be (Settings --> Advanced Interactions), where you can try turning some of these features off and seeing if the phone display is still staying on, or if it fixes your problem.

-Why is the volume button (it should be called the notification button)for the notification? if I want to turn down a video before it shows I have to push the volume button and then the bar at the top of the screen.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but once Marshmallow arrives, I suspect a much better handle on notifications/profiles. Lollipop handles this terribly, and it was fixed in Marshmallow 6.0.

-Where is the reader mode.

What's reader mode? That might help. Do you just want the screen to block blue light? There are several apps for that. Let me know what you mean and maybe I can help.

-Double tap to wake is not consistent.

Many people found their double-tap to not be consistent because they unknowingly were touching the edge or side of the glass when attempting double-tapping. Try light it flat on a surface on its back and only using one finger from one hand to quickly double tap the screen. It should work. I've found with its curved edges, it's way too easy to accidentally be touching part of the screen while holding the phone when trying to double-tap. It gets better/easier to perform though, once you know.

Let us know.
    lesarmitage likes this.
    01-17-16 06:25 PM

With these and the many other productivity options lost, I am having a hard time loving my new phone.

Mokimoki brought up several issues I hadn't even discovered yet, and I have a fairly long of complaints myself! And these are significant enough that I'm considering trading my Priv in for a Passport, despite my preference for an on-screen keyboard.

Namely (and these are in no particular order);

I can't find a year view in Calendar.

Year view is had by going to month view, if I'm understanding your want correctly. You hit the top left menu button and can switch views. When entering month view, all of the months for that whole year are shown. Did I understand this correctly?

There is no Gallery app and the Photos app that comes with the phone doesn't allow photos to be organized into folder. It also doesn't allow pictures to be hidden.

Don't use the Photos app unless you think they'll update it with the features you want.
    Instead, download F-Stop Gallery or some other gallery you think you might enjoy. Pretty much any of them allow folder organization and some allow hidden files/folders.

Is this another word for Timelapse?

I can only assign one picture to a contact now.

That's true, one person has one picture. I've never heard of anything different (how would the phone know which picture to use when a call comes in?). If I can get some more info on this, I might be able to offer a suggestion.

I can also only assign one ringtone to a contact instead of being able to assign separate sounds for calls, ringtones, social media, etc.

For calls, it's the ringtone, so yes, whichever ringtone you choose for that contact will ring for a call. But you can choose any other tone for their SMS/MMS, and any other tone for social media. Let me know if you're requiring help with this.

When assigning a ringtone, there is no way to preview it.

Yeah I noticed that sometimes too. I installed ES File Explorer, and now when I assign a ringtone, it asks if I want to use that. Between that and the stock option, I can now hear the sound play before hitting the OK button.

I can't customize the colour of pulse lights depending on who or which notification is incoming. Or even tell which colour is for which notification as there is no legend.

This is based off of specific apps, like pretty much anything with Android. So, your texting app will have its own settings within itself, as will your Facebook or Twitter apps. The other option if you don't want to set each LED notification manually, is to turn off ALL LED notifications in each specific app and then download and use an app like "LightFlow" which can control all of your LED notifications for you.

Where is bedside mode?!

This is Android, not Blackberry OS, and Bedside Mode was a Blackberry OS feature. There are ways to implement it, however, and there are threads on it.
    01-17-16 06:52 PM
    How could you research those issues ,was I supposed to ask does the back light stay on or is the volume buttons use for the volume by default ,let's be real here those problems SHOULD NOT exist,Period! I fight hard for Blackberry like all the die hard users but how can I continue to fight hard when these silly things exist.

will308 likes this.
    01-17-16 07:01 PM
    Lack of research firm many of you BB10 users. Most of the things you whine about can be done on Priv. yes , it takes awhile to set up but can all be done including bedside mode.
    Search in forums and figure it out like most of us did. Maybe in future Priv will .are these features a default instead of having to customize ourselves

Posted from my Priv!
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-17-16 07:01 PM
    I think what he/she meant to say was, some of these issues are because of limitations with the Android O/S and that you probably should have researched before buying one.
    I am a BB10 user. Passport SE is my daily driver. I recently purchased the Priv. This is the first time ever that I am using a android phone. I have little idea of Android phones but I am enjoying my Priv. As regards limitations I don't know at all but BB10 is surely the best OS IMHO.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    will308 likes this.
    01-17-16 07:28 PM
    'You need to go lay down...'

What? Ummm, okay. People are trying to help you and explain something to you, nothing more.

You bought an Android device secured by BlackBerry, that's it. All the features you're going on about EXIST IN BLACKBERRY 10!!!

So, if you have all the features you want, baked into BlackBerry 10 OS, then go buy a BlackBerry PRIV running Android expecting BlackBerry 10 features throughout, and then finally say all these things are problems with it!! Well it's just hilarious!

You should seriously have just stuck with BlackBerry 10. I don't understand.

These are not even 'problems', they're differences.

01-17-16 07:32 PM
    Jonneh, sorry you had a somewhat poor response here. I am not a Priv owner yet, but I am impressed you took the time to try to listen and to help. This is great service and when Verizon finally has the Priv, will factor into why I might give the Priv a look. Thanks again from all of us.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-17-16 07:47 PM

What? Ummm, okay. People are trying to help you and explain something to you, nothing more.

You bought an Android device secured by BlackBerry, that's it. All the features you're going on about EXIST IN BLACKBERRY 10!!!

So, if you have all the features you want, baked into BlackBerry 10 OS, then go buy a BlackBerry PRIV running Android expecting BlackBerry 10 features throughout, and then finally say all these things are problems with it, we'll it's just hilarious!

If you are going to help don't talk down to me like(you new it was an android device when you got it and you need to go back to Blackberry 10) I see a lot of this on this Forum,to make this phone the best we need to talk about what can be better and not talk about work arounds this is why bb10 is a great phone just no apps,every solution I was told was more steps then necessary and this is why it's a lot complaints

01-17-16 07:49 PM
    Thread clean up,carry on..
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-17-16 08:20 PM

Don't buy a plane and then ***** because you can't fly it to the moon.

BB_Junky and jegs2 like this.
    01-17-16 10:16 PM
    Don't buy a plane and then ***** because you can't fly it to the moon.

I agree that some of the issues the OP is having are because of a learning curve or unawareness, but 'fly it to the moon' ... really?
    A bit of restrain would help, don't you think?

I mean - if some user is asking for proper WhatsApp integration, would you conclude that s/he was being too demanding?
    If someone wants to shut off the bloody alert when a screenshot (not a pic using the camera) is taken, is that because the USER didn't research enough and is now being overly difficult?
    For a first time Android user, it may seem a bit unnecessary that he has to download an app for a File manager. For a first time android user, it may seem even idiotic that the gallery / photo APP doesn't support nested folders (something available on BBOS's) and would find it a bit of surprise that he would have to PAY for an app to be able to do this.

That doesn't mean he expects the phone to be capable of interplanetary space travel or transform into a Camaro.

Take it a bit easy, mate. It may be that a setting or an option or a toggle was overlooked... or perhaps there is a workaround available. The user is just looking for assistance.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 01-17-16 at 10:54 PM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-17-16 10:43 PM
    I'm getting on the troll train here.

While I understand OP's frustrations about all of these problems that shouldn't exist because I kinda agree with him, I want to ask OP a question:

Picture yourself changing from a BMW to a Toyota, people are looking at u being silly when u try to compare the differences between the (obviously different) two cars, and complain at what Toyota didn't have and should have as a car just because u had a better experience with BMW. They may be similar as a means to get u to your destination, but they have different softwares and user experience, and if u have chosen to downgrade yourself to a Toyota, then u have to suck it up and get used to the new driving experience! U can't expect Toyota to meet all your expectations because they've their own way of doing things, and if u don't like it, u don't belong to their customer base and u should change back to driving BMW.

Ok now change all the cars related words above to bb10 and Android.

And it applies to any aspect of life when a change occurs.
    Q10Bold and MrVeda like this.
    01-17-16 11:35 PM
    You didn't lose it. BlackBerry just decided to not license it anymore lol. It was never their feature to begin with plus, you can get it back.
    01-18-16 01:22 AM

It's customized Android and could be more customized at BlackBerry end

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 01:41 AM

So, if you have all the features you want, baked into BlackBerry 10 OS, then go buy a BlackBerry PRIV running Android expecting BlackBerry 10 features throughout, and then finally say all these things are problems with it!! Well it's just hilarious!

If mentioned features are in OS10 or IOS , it is our right to fight for those features. BlackBerry is known for software company and what they incorporated in 500 mb update when there are so many lacking are still there

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 01:46 AM
    This important issue so I am going to write it down in capital words.

IN OS10 EXPLORE OR GALLERY APP NEED ONE TIME INDEXING AND AFTER THAT EVERY TIME YOU OPEN PHOTOS VIDEOS OR EXPLORER IT BRINGS YOU IN SPLIT SECONDS EVEN WITH 64 OR 128 MB SD CARD. THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH ALL PLAYSTORE APPS THEY DON'T INDEX YOUR MEDIA SO EVERY TIME YOU OPEN GALLERY OR EXPLORER IT BRING YOU PREVIEW ONE BY ONE AND THAT TAKES TIME TO SHOW ALL OF YOUR CONTENTS WHICH IS ANNOYING.

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 01:51 AM
    Lack of research firm many of you BB10 users. Most of the things you whine about can be done on Priv. yes , it takes awhile to set up but can all be done including bedside mode.
    Search in forums and figure it out like most of us did. Maybe in future Priv will .are these features a default instead of having to customize ourselves

Posted from my Priv!
    The major problem with Android and particularly the Priv AFAIK is unless it's rooted you cannot backup the phone completely like IOS or BB10 so after spending all the time customizing it to the way you like it to work and the phone has a problem that requires a factory reset, you're basically SOL as you need to start over again from the beginning after the factory reset. This happened to me with the Priv and I started from scratch basically whereas IOS and BB10 can be restored to exactly the way you had it prior to the reset.

Another thing I don't like about Android is the way it handles connections to a computer - If, for instance with a password protected lock screen and you drop your phone and your screen cracks to the point where you can't see it - as far as I know you're SOL again with your data because when you connect the phone to the computer to try and backup the data, the computer asks you to unlock the phone with the password or it won't display any files on the computer screen. I had a friend that had that happen. He had device care but there was no way he could get the data off the phone before sending it back to E-Securitel (the insurer). I have had tons of Androids and am still using Androids and this has not changed since day one afaik.

These are the things that cause some people to complain because they've been use to BB10 or IOS features. I love BB10 but I also know it is or will be dead soon so have to adapt to something else - I have an iPhone as well but I'd actually rather use an Android.
    01-18-16 03:29 AM
32 12