Wasteful...just wait till Jan when they drop the price $150!!! As good as the reviews were for the Classic, they still dropped the price! Same thing with the passport.. I felt really stupid when I paid full price for the classic at preorder, just for them to drop the price $50 on amazon within weeks, then dropped it again in Jan!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The cost of having to have it right away. With anything new.
    10-23-15 03:26 PM
    Speak for yourself, I paid cash, full price, for my last 3 BBs! So continuing with that trend, I will not be paying $700 cash for any phone! So all of my statements are based on the fact I pay cash money up front for my phones! I hate leasing phones through the stupid cell companies!! I remember the one time I leased a phone from TMOBILE, used it a year, ended up paying cash for a new phone, used the new phone for a year and then purchased another a year later. So while using phone #3, I wanted to sell the previously leased phone, it took me so long to sell that stupid phone just because they had a lock on it because there was still a $100 balance left, which is paid $20/month till paid off. Considering I was only selling the phone for around $100, that pissed me off. Never again will I lease a phone..especially a BB with the lack of support from the cell phone companies that are ill-equipped to correctly deal with any Blackberry issues.. shopBB is much better to deal with if you have an issue with your phone that you purchase from them

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    Again, you're the minority. MOST people do not pay upfront; I'm not just speaking for myself. I mean come on, the iphone 6s starts at $800 and they'll probably sell more by the end of the year than all BB10 phones combined, ever. Do you really think even 10% of those sales were paid at full price upfront?
    10-23-15 03:30 PM
    Failing company dared to think out of the box! See Passport and now slider!

Posted via CB10
    And the Passport didn't sell. Will the Priv?
    Bbnivende and dolco like this.
    10-23-15 03:33 PM
    Again, you're the minority. MOST people do not pay upfront; I'm not just speaking for myself. I mean come on, the iphone 6s starts at $800 and they'll probably sell more by the end of the year than all BB10 phones combined, ever. Do you really think even 10% of those sales were paid at full price upfront?
    The iPhone 6s starts at $649 USD and is a proven product. People are willing to pay full price because they can resell it in a year and get quite a bit of their money back. How much will the Priv be worth in a year?
    sentimentGX4, techvisor and dolco like this.
    10-23-15 03:37 PM
    Why always the discussion about prices.......

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    10-23-15 04:05 PM
    Price is OK for device like Priv! Its slider and somehow safe Android

Posted via CB10
    "Somehow" isn't proven! Something that is proven can charge that much..not a 1st Gen hybrid

10-23-15 04:17 PM
    You guys are not only wrong about this but you're failing to understand two related issues: 1) BlackBerry wants to be an aspirational brand; cheap pricing does not serve this purpose. Also, think carefully about the niche they want to reach. It does not include 13 year old girls with braces hoping Mommy and daddy will buy them an iPhone C or something.
    2) Related, and ironic perhaps, BB places orders for parts which are much less, and therefore more expensive, than other device manufacturers. So their cost is higher too.

Priv will be a success I am very confident. But not on the level of Samsung or Apple; and nor does it need to be.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:18 PM
    This is the intro price... it will drop and no one cares if you sell a trillion phones with no profit margin. It's not just a security app... the security is in the hardware. If you don't want to pay full price wait a few months

Posted via CB10
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-23-15 04:20 PM
    Oh I'm sure there are more "suckers" than smart buyers! I'd rather buy a phone outright, than to owe a cell phone company for the next 2-3 years! I care nothing about amount of sales from one company to the next, all I care about is MY wallet staying thick! I'd rather not get screwed but if I am, I'd rather get screwed now, than later after I have forgotten about the money I owe a cell phone company from a 2 year old purchase! And for the record, I'm sure the "Majority" hasn't chosen you to be their spokesperson!

MikeX74 likes this.
    10-23-15 04:29 PM
    The contract price is why I never got a passport, although, my Q10 is older now, so I may splurge for the Priv, plus I've been waiting for a phone like this forever

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:30 PM
    The Price is Right.
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-23-15 04:30 PM
    The cost of having to have it right away. With anything new.
    Thus the reason I won't have it right away! Being impatient like a 3yr old makes you waste money!

10-23-15 04:31 PM
    Cheap fake people want BB Priv to be like $1.00 with free shipping and handling next day delivery....
    and even that they still get angry.
    Its too obvious since we all know that major governments around the world tried banning blackberry starting in 2010. Youtube "Countries that banned Blackberry"
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-23-15 04:37 PM
    An iphone 6 plus is $899 for a 16gb, while coming in at $1029 for 64gb.

Quick answer - no, stuff costs money, in particular high end electronics.

Also a 6 + is $398.99 on select 2 year contracts with Rogers...completely in line with Priv pricing.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and DJBS4LIFE like this.
    10-23-15 04:38 PM
    It's too high for a manufacturer trying to win back customers. That BlackBerry logo and price combination are not going to have your average Joe lining up around the block, especially when it's likely only the well informed will know it's running Android.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, techvisor and Bbnivende like this.
    10-23-15 04:55 PM
    You guys are not only wrong about this but you're failing to understand two related issues: 1) BlackBerry wants to be an aspirational brand; cheap pricing does not serve this purpose. Also, think carefully about the niche they want to reach. It does not include 13 year old girls with braces hoping Mommy and daddy will buy them an iPhone C or something.
    2) Related, and ironic perhaps, BB places orders for parts which are much less, and therefore more expensive, than other device manufacturers. So their cost is higher too.

Priv will be a success I am very confident. But not on the level of Samsung or Apple; and nor does it need to be.

Posted via CB10
    Bold prediction. We'll see if you're right.
    10-23-15 04:58 PM
    Given that people are not really willing to pay a 'brand name premium' for Blackberry anymore (apart from a few of us here), the $700 price is probably too high to encourage high sales (which was probably not going to happen anyway). A $500-600 price would have been more realistic.

Chen's 5 million devices goal was probably not going to happen anyway, but at this price it's certainly not going to happen.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick drop in price....especially around the holidays.

I certainly won't be buying it at this price. I buy my phones off-contract, and will wait for these to hit a more reasonable price before I consider shelling out for one. No android phone is worth this much.
    10-23-15 06:03 PM
    In 2013 I paid $650 for the Z30 without a second thought. In 2014 I could not justify spending $700 on the passport. Now in 2015 I am still using my Z30 and an iPhone 4s. I will not upgrade my iPhone until I can get the hub and keyboard on it or something close to it, peek and pop is a step in the right direction. My Z30 no longer connects to my computer so I cannot back it up, I need to replace it. The price of the phones I like keep going up every year, this year the phone I want most is $750. I'm Ok with spending $750 for a phone but $900 I'm not Ok with spending on a BlackBerry. The funny thing is I will spend more than $900 on iPhone because I know it will be supported for years.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-23-15 06:39 PM
    Absolutely NOT!

With what we now know about the Priv and its foundation in the legendary positive legacies that define what is good about BlackBerry, it is properly priced for the market in which it will compete.

Too many CrackBerrians have become contrarians who choose to be unhappy regardless what BlackBerry attempts to do.

Why they continue to appear on CrackBerry forums baffles the mind. Given the degree of unhappiness exhibited by these contrarians,
    iOS and Android by other manufacturers should be have saved them from BlackBerry by now - unless Priv proves to be irresistible.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition driven by 10.3.2.2789 on T-Mobile
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-23-15 06:41 PM
    Yes it is

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:24 PM
    Get market share first, then sell the next phone at a good profit. Too many "Yes Men" at BlackBerry not willing to voice what they really think. Give the iPhone and Samsung customers a reason (other then a keyboard and security) to switch. Money talks.

 Passport Rocks 
    10-23-15 08:13 PM
    An iphone 6 plus is $899 for a 16gb, while coming in at $1029 for 64gb.

Quick answer - no, stuff costs money, in particular high end electronics.

Also a 6 + is $398.99 on select 2 year contracts with Rogers...completely in line with Priv pricing.

Posted via CB10
    I personally don't like having to sign my life away for 2 years just to have the "hottest" phone. And there are also tons of other people that don't like it either, thus the reason all these companies are doing no contract deals. But when a phone is priced so high to where most don't have the cash on hand, they make u consider a contract just to get the new phone!

10-23-15 08:26 PM
    Why would I pay $800 for Priv when there are many other android choices? They should have lowered the price until they get back the market share and slowly start charging more....

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:30 PM
    I think $700 US pricing is normal but that is if you are an established brand with good reputation and good level of general consumer confidence. BlackBerry's brand is just so tarnished right now especially as far as handsets go. The only true differentiator that a general consumer can tell right away is the slide out PKB. Forget about hardware PIN injection, DTEK, hardened kernel and all that technical mumbo jumbo that only make sense for technically sophisticated few. I hope Priv does well.
    10-23-15 08:30 PM
    Interesting article on Fortune regarding the high price of the Priv

http://fortune.com/2015/10/22/blackb...bsurd-pricing/

Another article on CBC claiming that a market analyst believes thus could be BlackBerry 's last phone.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/kitc...lyst-1.3283851

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:34 PM
152 1234 ...