12-16-17 08:21 PM
46 12
tools
    Those who suffer from performance issues on their Priv should make sure to respond to the survey in Beta Zone.
    10-19-17 12:11 PM
    10-19-17 12:25 PM
    10-19-17 12:30 PM
    I thought you were kidding, that site is just now littered with spambots.
    10-19-17 04:13 PM
    LOL. filling out the survey won't do anything. there's nothing but security updates left for this device.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-19-17 04:20 PM
    I'm wondering why they would conduct a survey now? Isn't it basically at end of support anyway? I took the survey and asked that they look to make a new model with updated specs better than what the KeyOne or Motion have
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-19-17 04:22 PM
    LOL. filling out the survey won't do anything. there's nothing but security updates left for this device.
    I have no idea why would this even show up... but it is indeed there.

But then I also never got an email about this, aside from more forum spam notifications.
    10-19-17 06:36 PM
    I've received the notification in the mail this morning too.
    I found weird that in a couple of the questions they ask if we noticed changes in the past months.

Are they up to something?
    Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 10-19-17 at 07:20 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-19-17 06:59 PM
    I got the email today. RE PRIV Beta Zone Survey. Yes quite surprised seeing this PRIV interest. Something is cooking....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-19-17 07:19 PM
    Just took the survey. The survey asks mostly about performance issues, battery life. All seem refer to "any issues in the past few months?" Not sure what's going on? Also asked which current build you are on.
    Something is up ??
    10-19-17 09:02 PM
    I received and did the survey as well. I find the questions interesting in that the Priv will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks.

Makes one wonder if there is an update in the works... wouldn't that be nice... ๐Ÿ‘

Bob
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-19-17 10:27 PM
    This is interesting. Thanks for posting.
    10-20-17 04:41 AM
    Isn't it a little late for this?
    10-20-17 09:48 AM
    It is interesting that this survey and the questions being asked are close to the 2 year anniversary of the launch of the Priv.

However I look at this survey, and the questions being asked, with a bit of optimism and a positive attitude.

My take is that perhaps there is an update in the works for the Priv... ๐Ÿค” If there is fantastic and all of us Priv owners will be ecstatic... ๐Ÿ‘

Best to look on the bright side and not dwell on the negative I say.

Bob
    10-20-17 10:39 AM
    Well, considering that they still have links to purchase this phone from their website, it would make sense that they still continue to support it. Despite all of the gloom and doom that can sometimes run rampant around here, I highly doubt that BlackBerry is going to completely abandon the Priv if there are enough users having issue with the performance of their devices. If there are some software tweaks that can improve any of these issues, then why not make some people happy?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-20-17 11:36 AM
    It is interesting that this survey and the questions being asked are close to the 2 year anniversary of the launch of the Priv.

However I look at this survey, and the questions being asked, with a bit of optimism and a positive attitude.

My take is that perhaps there is an update in the works for the Priv... If there is fantastic and all of us Priv owners will be ecstatic...

Best to look on the bright side and not dwell on the negative I say.

Bob
    I got the survey with you and agree with what you state.

I did indicate is there any chance for an update as part of my overall comments. Does not hurt to ask.

I use my PRIV on a daily basis alongside my KEYONE. Any improvements would be a awesomely received...although so far just security updates.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    10-20-17 03:11 PM
    To be honest, I was amazed with my Priv. After watching a ton o bad-to-regular reviews I was expecting a mediocre performance, but so far my Priv is behaving perfect. No major lags, no overheating, I didn't see any throttling, no reboots and the battery is giving me a full day minimum, on the light days I can't make one and a half without plugging the charger. On average, I'm getting between 4 and 5 and half hours on screen time.

The only thing that I found a bit disappointing is the android version of Hub and the Productivity Tab. Mostly not refreshing correctly. Some time when I delete a message in Hub, it still appears unread in the widget.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-20-17 03:20 PM
    The Priv really went down the drain after the March 2017 security update. It killed the battery standby time by making the processor run so much. My brand new manufactured in Feb 2017 Priv became kinda useless after this update with less than 3 HR SOT despite me taking meticulous care of the Priv (not using FB app, turning down screen brightness to minimum etc) after reading up all the optimisation issues before I bought it. Alas that dreaded update choked it. I wonder, don't the Beta guys ever experience the lag, the heat, the horrible battery drain in their Priv test devices..
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-21-17 02:22 AM
    Hi there, how will this be able to be remedied , it's somewhat of a moot point if you ask me, it's not like blackberry will come out and make a blanket statement and recall all blackberry PRIV devices ๐Ÿ™†
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-21-17 03:20 AM
    Please could you enlighten me as where you found this survey?
    10-21-17 03:29 AM
    hi, can anyone shed some more light wrt how one is able to access the PRIV performabnce survey?
    10-21-17 03:37 AM
    I tried to take the survey after signing in with my BlackBerry ID and it said there are no surveys pending. Am I too late I guess or what?
    10-21-17 07:12 AM
    I received my survey in an email and it asked to have it completed by October 22.

Bob
    10-21-17 10:16 AM
    hi, can anyone shed some more light wrt how one is able to access the PRIV performabnce survey?
    You need to be registered in Beta Zone and enlisted in the Beta Programs they have.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-21-17 11:05 AM
    You need to be registered in Beta Zone and enlisted in the Beta Programs they have.
    I am enlisted Ina few of the Beta programs, but if you are not registered for a specific Priv Beta, it seems this survey does not show up. I have nothing to survey, but I got my Priv 6 months after release and so was too late to sign up for any Priv related beta.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-21-17 02:38 PM
46 12