Hi everyone, so I have a BlackBerry PRIV STV100-4, I have this device for approximately a year, I must just add, it's a brilliant device, don't get me wrong, but what's rather disconcerting is the fact that I found my device to overheat to the point where it would quite literally heat up to the extent where it becomes impossible to touch and subsequently unresponsive. So I decided to take it into my carrier who then opted to do a reset and and testing, here's the kicker though, so today I went to collect said device in anticipation that the issue has been resolved only to find that as I was busy setting up the device the overheating returned. Now I wasn't going to accept it and summarily booked it in again. So who here has had similar challenges and how was it resolved, if at all?
    Looking forward to reading your responses
    Graham

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 03:24 PM
    Hi everyone, so I have a BlackBerry PRIV STV100-4, I have this device for approximately a year, I must just add, it's a brilliant device, don't get me wrong, but what's rather disconcerting is the fact that I found my device to overheat to the point where it would quite literally heat up to the extent where it becomes impossible to touch and subsequently unresponsive. So I decided to take it into my carrier who then opted to do a reset and and testing, here's the kicker though, so today I went to collect said device in anticipation that the issue has been resolved only to find that as I was busy setting up the device the overheating returned. Now I wasn't going to accept it and summarily booked it in again. So who here has had similar challenges and how was it resolved, if at all?
    Looking forward to reading your responses
    Graham

Posted via CB10
    The software updates should have taken care of it. Did you load any apps when it started again?
    08-01-17 04:01 PM
    Like I said, I was in the process of setting the device up, so some apps were being installed, fresh install

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 04:08 PM
    Like I said, I was in the process of setting the device up, so some apps were being installed, fresh install

Posted via CB10
    While you install everything, and set it up, it WILL heat up a lot. Once it is done, and you restart the device, it will get better. The Priv's processor does heat up, but once the phone is set up, as long as it is set up well, it won't be an issue. Mine doesn't heat up generally. If you are updating a lot of apps at once though, it will get hot.
    08-01-17 04:28 PM
    Indeed, I think this could be the distinction though, have you experienced this while on a video call maybe, because it has certainly happened more than just a few times, so I'll wait for them to report back to me, hopefully with some positive feedback

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 04:37 PM
    Indeed, I think this could be the distinction though, have you experienced this while on a video call maybe, because it has certainly happened more than just a few times, so I'll wait for them to report back to me, hopefully with some positive feedback

Posted via CB10
    I can't really answer that since I don't do video calls. Sorry. The processor is prone to heating, but it is minimal in my case. My phone runs cool. If you are playing a game you can cause it to heat. My wife's Samsung does too, so there's that.
    08-01-17 06:19 PM
    Thanks again for your input, much appreciated, oh btw, I don't do games either, well at least not on the phone anyway

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 09:41 PM
    The update did nothig! Maybe lilbit faster...
    But the overheating issue in my phone happened when i using a certain cellular network method, in the preferred cellular networks, change from one to another, until it works for you.
    08-02-17 02:16 AM
    Can you elaborate just a little bit more please? How long do you have your device and what's the model number?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 04:36 AM
    I turned off autosync on pretty much all the apps I didn't need to continuously sync in the background (all day long), until I'm ready.. like 2 email addys in hub, fb, messenger, flipboard, twitter, LinkedIn, and several others. It didn't affect my BBM, text, or whatsapp at all. Rectified my overheating issue, and increased battery life by at least triple.

Settings > Accounts > 3 dot menu > uncheck Auto-sync data. Or, you can deal with each individually. Let us know how that goes for you.
    08-02-17 10:41 AM
    Cool, thanks for dissemination of info, hopefully if all goes well I'll receive a brand new device, but thanks again

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:51 PM