Will blackberry priv received a nougat update anyone?
    treckhack likes this.
    08-22-17 03:22 AM
    There are already threads on this subject. Please search.
    Wezard and xandros9 like this.
    08-22-17 03:33 AM
    winter is coming
    jamesharmeling and xandros9 like this.
    08-22-17 05:11 AM
    I know nothing, Jon Snow
    jamesharmeling and xandros9 like this.
    08-22-17 06:23 AM
    No, they are skipping nougat and jumping straight to Oreo
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-22-17 07:49 AM
    Imagine that
    08-24-17 03:43 PM
    Meanwhile my Nexus 5 has nougat 7.1.2 and what's be blackberry promising? 7.0........😂
    08-24-17 03:43 PM
    Meanwhile my Nexus 5 has nougat 7.1.2 and what's be blackberry promising? 7.0........😂
    Why are you even on this forum if you're not even a Blackberry owner? No one here cares about your Nexus.
    bibbula and roguerebellions like this.
    08-29-17 11:28 AM
    Why are you even on this forum if you're not even a Blackberry owner? No one here cares about your Nexus.
    The Ego needs regular feeding...
    08-29-17 11:43 AM
    Yeah I've been an owner since the 9760 and still in a z10 so what are you talking about? I literally own 10 devices different brands, I'm in the business
    08-29-17 11:46 AM
    Will blackberry priv received a nougat update anyone?
    Welcome to Crackberry @toebeeboy thanks for the question. At the moment, BlackBerry haven't made an official announcement to say if or when the Priv will receive an update to Nougat.

Keep your eyes peeled to Crackberry from the 1st September to the 3rd. We might hear some information then. . I can tell you BlackBerry have definitely been discussing it at least.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-30-17 01:23 AM
    Only a discussion? Gee by the time they are done discussing them finally get into development because we all know blackberry has to make nougat it's own version with all the security you will see nougat when......... You won't
    08-30-17 06:43 AM
    08-30-17 07:22 AM
    nougat isn't coming
    08-30-17 07:23 AM
    nougat isn't coming
    No definitive answer. Rumor, equivocation, but no definitive "yes" or "no" from BlackBerry. That equivocation is what feeds the rumors. When CBK podcast about it, there was no definitive answer, just the laughter and the recommendation to purchase a KEYone. They know the truth but are under a non-disclosure agreement.

Romulus is giving his opinion. I Remus, differ. I say they can still bring Nougat. Time will tell. If no Nougat by mid-September, I will then give up hope for Nougat.
    08-30-17 08:44 AM
    Listen, most phones a year or more older won't be seeing oreo ( officially) so let's hope they at least give the priv it's rightful due to have a current os. Nougat is so new that it will be around for awhile and hopefully will be going to the priv. Chen himself said the priv came out too expensive as most executive accounts wanted a 400 device rather than 700 dollar one especially being it was it's first android. Therefore it was a failure and is probably going to be left in the dust. Hence the Aurora, be it a different hardware company but that berry logo IS on it, has nougat. I'm just being real when I say priv won't see it (opinion). I'm watching though because I want a priv and I want one with nougat I've been using nougat now for a few months (pixel version) on a Nexus and it's a great os. But worse case scenario I'll buy a priv with marshmallow just to have the last ALL BLACKBERRY MADE device
    08-30-17 08:52 AM
    I just bought a PRIV a week ago because I loved the phone since I first saw it. I was a bit afraid of going back to Marshmallow from Nougat on Nexus but there were only 3 things I noticed:
    1. No split screen obviously. That I miss because it did come handy on N
    2. Replying to messages from notification bar. Not a big deal really.
    3. Battery management. So happy to have the M version back! I hated the new battery management. It would throttle back the processor at around 25% battery life and then again at 10% which made the phone almost unusable for me. Yes, it saved battery life with slowing down the processor but everything took 10 times slower therefore the screen had to be on 10 times longer. Gain on one side lose on the other.

Anyways! After using the naked N for a while the BB Marshmallow feels like an update with all the great BB apps. I found the DTek app absolutely great! Big step up even after N's security improvements.
    If you are coming from a non BB phone, (in my opinion) you will not miss the Nougat except for maybe the aforementioned things.
    08-31-17 09:18 AM
    Riiiiiiigggggghhhhttttt
    08-31-17 09:28 AM
    Nougat is better than Marshmallow, but Marshallow is a current, fully supported OS and won't hold you back.

It's no different than Windows 7 vs. 8.1 vs. 10. All three are fully supported and pretty much equally secure. The same apps run on all three, and you'll get the same work done.

Tech nuts always wants the latest and greatest, but the only thing that matters is that it's properly patched and apps will run.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-31-17 09:33 AM
    Well said
    08-31-17 09:35 AM
    Which Nexus because 5x and up only got nougat?
    08-31-17 09:35 AM
    Nexus 6

I forgot to mention one more thing that's also better in Nougat. Apps install significantly faster.
    08-31-17 09:58 AM
    Did blackberry give marshmallow the icon update and assistant feed? Or the Gboard? There's alot of options you left behind, yes you can live without them and marshmallow is a fully capable and functional os.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...USNbD5mjEY7dJg
    08-31-17 10:18 AM
    I didn't try to list all the differences. Only the ones that were important to me or were significant from my point of view. I don't care about the emoji's for example nor the zoom. Security is nowhere near what BB has to offer even in N. I can go into details if you want as it was mind blowing to me how far ahead BB is.
    Icons were not updated. Interestingly the phone did not have Android Messages installed. Verizon pushed their own messaging app on it and I guess BB wanted to use the BBM app. I installed Goggle's app and it had the updated icon.
    No GBoard as BB uses their own keyboard app but you can switch it over to Google's and it might be part of it already but I can see Google holding back features like that to urge you to update.
    No assistant either. That's only in N. If you remember first it was only for the pixel. It didn't even come standard with N. Basically BB can't add Google features to Marshmallow that are part of Nougat. Options and little tidbits here and there yes but not entire apps. For example BB did add a "clear all" button to the tasks window which was not part of the original M and lots of people were complaining about the lack of it.
    08-31-17 12:03 PM
    Just checked on GBoard. It is available to install in Google Play.
    Sunil Daga likes this.
    08-31-17 12:09 PM
117 123 ...