Hey, Crackberry, I literally jst received a blackberry priv that I purchased off ebay and it's not working. I plugged it in....nothing. That's when I knew something was wrong. I searched on the forums and the net...tried to hold it down for 30 seconds....no avail. Held it for a minute, nothing. Tried a different charger..nothing. Plugged it into my laptop. Nothing. Is returning it and getting my money back and then buying another one my only option at this point, or is there something else I can do? I will also say that when I opened the box it kind of had an alcohol smell. Is this typical? Like what a priv box smells like? Thanks.
    04-09-17 12:49 AM
    Hello seems very odd. Keep plugged in for at least and hour. Do the 32 second hard reset holding down the power button. Time it.
    If nothing return device.
    The alcohol smell is very very odd...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 12:53 AM
    Hey, Crackberry, I literally jst received a blackberry priv that I purchased off ebay and it's not working. I plugged it in....nothing. That's when I knew something was wrong. I searched on the forums and the net...tried to hold it down for 30 seconds....no avail. Held it for a minute, nothing. Tried a different charger..nothing. Plugged it into my laptop. Nothing. Is returning it and getting my money back and then buying another one my only option at this point, or is there something else I can do? I will also say that when I opened the box it kind of had an alcohol smell. Is this typical? Like what a priv box smells like? Thanks.
    Hello imatthebridge. Sorry to hear about your Priv. It's never nice when something isn't working. The device is probably a dud.

You seem like a pretty clued up guy and have tried a lot of different things to get it working with no result. I would return it and try get your money back. Hopefully the next one is in much better working condition!

Always make sure you are buying from a reliable seller. Good luck!
    04-09-17 07:59 AM
    when I opened the box it kind of had an alcohol smell.
    Unlike some of the posters here on CrackBerry, the Priv should not smell of alcohol. (No names, ya'll know who you are)

Leave it plugged into a known good charger, not the one that came with it, for at least an hour, then try a 32 second power button reset - while it's still plugged in.

A computer is usually a bad place to charge modern phones, the USB standard for a typical port is 500ma, not much juice. And most USB ports will turn off when the computer gos to sleep. There is a standard for a USB charge port on a computer, I don't remember what the wattage is allowed to go up to, (wanna say 1500ma, but don't take that as gospel). Those ports have a lightening bolt symbol adjacent to them, and will stay on when the computer goes to sleep.
    04-09-17 12:41 PM
    With the alcohol smell, I suspect this one had water exposure and someone was trying to 'dry'it out... return asap

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-09-17 01:24 PM