Hey guys,

Let me start off with saying I'm sorry for this newb questions.

So I just picked up my new Priv. Unfortunately I forgot that the simcard in my Q10 is a micro and I need a nano. Will buy a new simcard tomorrow. I've downloaded the Blackberry Content Transfer app on my Q10 and uploaded everything (except for pictures, videos and music) already. You can transfer these files manually I assume?

Also I'm a complete newb so I have to look most things up on this site. Scrolling through the posts here I see there are individual "updates". For instance: a hub update, a camera update, etc. What are these updates? Is this an Android thing? My Q10 always had the OS updates.

I'm really excited to get started tomorrow after I picked up the nano simcard. By the way: my old simcard will be deactivated. Is the simcard only for calling and internet? There is (almost) no data stored on it right? So unless I want to call with my Q10 I don't need the old simcard anymore right? Also, aren't there frames where you can click the nano simcard into which makes it a micro simcard?

Thanking you guys in advance.

Arbi
    12-23-15 10:23 AM
    Yes you should be able to manually transfer your media, OR just use a media card which both devices support. While there MAY be some contact info backed up on your SIM card it is most likely also contained in the phone storage and thus transferred with the app. Yes you can purchase a SIM cutting tool IF you want to try to continue to use the old SIM, they cost around 5 to 10 dollars on Amazon or ebay.
    12-23-15 11:31 AM
    Yeah, you have to go into the Google playstore and find all the apps and update them individually. After the first time it should do it automatically.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-23-15 11:47 AM
    Thanks guys,

So far it's all good. Found a shop that could cut my simcard smaller and it works. Installed and transferred things from my old Q10. Installed a couple of apps: Whatsapp, Facebook, a Dutch weather app and Spotify. Will install LinkedIn as well.

Couple of questions:

Whatsapp: There is no hub-integration. There is no whatsapp-folder on the left too. I've read that I should be able to see my conversations in the hub. Also, I lost all my conversations. Anyway to get these messages back?
    12-24-15 07:52 AM
    Thanks guys,

So far it's all good. Found a shop that could cut my simcard smaller and it works. Installed and transferred things from my old Q10. Installed a couple of apps: Whatsapp, Facebook, a Dutch weather app and Spotify. Will install LinkedIn as well.

Couple of questions:

Whatsapp: There is no hub-integration. There is no whatsapp-folder on the left too. I've read that I should be able to see my conversations in the hub. Also, I lost all my conversations. Anyway to get these messages back?
    After the last update whatsapp is automatically integrated in the hub , however old conversations from your previous device will not show up !
    12-24-15 10:40 AM
    Yes I know, but I can't see my "new" messages as well.
    12-25-15 01:59 AM
    Hey guys,

Let me start off with saying I'm sorry for this newb questions.

So I just picked up my new Priv. Unfortunately I forgot that the simcard in my Q10 is a micro and I need a nano. Will buy a new simcard tomorrow. I've downloaded the Blackberry Content Transfer app on my Q10 and uploaded everything (except for pictures, videos and music) already. You can transfer these files manually I assume?

Also I'm a complete newb so I have to look most things up on this site. Scrolling through the posts here I see there are individual "updates". For instance: a hub update, a camera update, etc. What are these updates? Is this an Android thing? My Q10 always had the OS updates.

I'm really excited to get started tomorrow after I picked up the nano simcard. By the way: my old simcard will be deactivated. Is the simcard only for calling and internet? There is (almost) no data stored on it right? So unless I want to call with my Q10 I don't need the old simcard anymore right? Also, aren't there frames where you can click the nano simcard into which makes it a micro simcard?

Thanking you guys in advance.

Arbi
    So, your sim card should not contain any of your data, unless you save some of your contacts information in it, which I assume you don't.

I think your Whatsapp should be integrated in your hub if you have the latest app. To make sure that this happen, you have to go to Play store, then search BlackBerry Limited. You would see a list of BlackBerry Apps, then check the BlackBerry Apps that is installed on your phones. If you don't have the latest version of the apps, you would see the word �Update� beside it.

Yeah, you cannot get your old messages from your old Whatsapp unless you had backed it up before you made the device switch. I assume you hadn't done it. So if next time you want to do this, you have to go to Whatsapp app, go to options, then choose to backup your messages.

Don't need to say sorry to ask any questions! Everyone is here to help, and everyone was like you once, especially when we are moving to a new platform! You won't bother anyone by asking and we respect people who are willing to learn.

And Merry Christmas or happy holiday!!

Edit: about the SIM card, yes you can get frames for it to convert nano to micro. It is cheap, should be around 10 � or less. But you have to avoid at all cost to insert the frame only (without the nano SIM) into the SIM card tray, as it can damage your device
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 12-25-15 at 06:08 AM.
    12-25-15 03:28 AM
    Good luck don't forget to install all updates first before doing anything (OS through About Phone and App updates through Play Store. avoid using Content Transfer if you can (major batter act for many) and setup from scratch if possible ( to maximize your battery!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-25-15 03:30 AM
    Why dont you just cut the sim card? Its not that hard right?

Well.. already happened though. XD

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 03:34 AM
    Why dont you just cut the sim card? Its not that hard right?

Well.. already happened though. XD

Posted via CB10
    I don't recommend cutting it though, because the nano SIM is a couple of micrometer thinner than the micro. I cut my micro SIM to put into my Passport, although I have tried to thin it, it still stuck. I am pretty sure that that would also happen to Priv, as I have seen that the SIM card tray of Priv is even thinner and smaller than the Passport's SIM card socket. So getting a real nano SIM is a much better option.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-25-15 06:11 AM