My BlackBerry priv has been giving me a weird issue right out of the box, when I try to play a track or a song like on my music player or Soundcloud using my headphones or maybe my aux cable from the car it randomly stops and states that the headphone was just plugged in when he was never disconnected in the first place. it seems to me that maybe there's an issue with the headphone jack. I thought it was software related and so I reset the phone to its factory settings and I still have the same issue whenever I play back a song on any music player using either headphones or my aux cable directly to my car it randomly disconnects and reconnects thus pausing my playback. Is my device defective?
    04-28-16 05:04 PM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert from the Play store. It contains a series of tests including a headphone jack test.

Make sure that your jack is fully inserted using some reasonable force. It could be defective.
    04-28-16 08:55 PM
    Could also be the cable you're using, not quite as likely since you say it affects both the aux cable and your headphones, but it's entirely possible, especially if all tests pass for the headset jack. Another common issue I've personally come across when it comes to aux cables and car audio system, if the level of the audio output is too high (I know, also unlikely with our Privs, but possible), the car audio systems will overload and reject the input, which pushes feedback to the device causing what appears to be a temporary disconnect. The way I worked around this with previous devices was to turn down the output from my phone, and turn up my vehicle's audio system instead.

Just to try and give some other ideas for you, hope one of these things sorts you out!
    04-29-16 09:52 AM
    One more thing - I guess I knew Apple has different standards but did not fully realize how much. But when I visit sites for headphones, I notice that they specify iphone/apple or Android. So I'd gather that there are significant differences. Headphones must match the device. I presume that headphones that worked in prior BB devices (bb10 and earlier) might now be designated as Android compatible but I don't know that for sure. (I do recall when BB used a different sized jack/plug but that was a few devices back)
    04-29-16 11:17 AM
    One more thing - I guess I knew Apple has different standards but did not fully realize how much. But when I visit sites for headphones, I notice that they specify iphone/apple or Android. So I'd gather that there are significant differences. Headphones must match the device. I presume that headphones that worked in prior BB devices (bb10 and earlier) might now be designated as Android compatible but I don't know that for sure. (I do recall when BB used a different sized jack/plug but that was a few devices back)
    I agree with this as my headsets for IOS. Malfunctioned.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 2.6.7
    04-29-16 11:19 PM
    you can go into your notifications and turn that notification off so it stops interrupting. or try bluetoothing it to your car

Posted via my Priv
    04-30-16 12:08 AM