If all other factors are equal, is there a reason to not shop for model STV100-3, as it seems to cover all options that the other GSM models have for international compatibility (I am in the US, but occasionally travel)? In fact, what purpose was there in creating 3 different GSM charts, and not just making all 3 versions as the STV100-3 with the maximized frequency availability?
    raino likes this.
    08-09-16 02:40 AM
    Only other difference is wireless charging on -1 but not -3.

I also see no reason not to pick up a -3 as they are cheaper used and unlocked but not tied to carrier updates.
    08-09-16 09:12 PM
    If all other factors are equal, is there a reason to not shop for model STV100-3, as it seems to cover all options that the other GSM models have for international compatibility (I am in the US, but occasionally travel)?
    Local availability varies. For example in the US, we find -1s easily, but not -3s and -4s. All things being equal--which they are not, as I read there may have been some QC issues with early batch(es?) -3s--the key difference should only be localish warranty, and wireless charging.

Depending on where you go, the -1 isn't too badly equipped for international locations. Thankfully UMTS (3G/HSPA+) is no longer a concern as penta-band seems to be the norm, so it all comes down to LTE bands. And when you look at the ones present in the -1, it's good enough for the majority of Europe (bands 3/7/20) and decent for Australia/New Zealand too (same bands 3/7.) So that's pretty much four continents covered by one variant. Some African and Asian countries also have 3/7 networks, and the penguins ain't talking.

In fact, what purpose was there in creating 3 different GSM charts, and not just making all 3 versions as the STV100-3 with the maximized frequency availability?
    It's a tradition with OEMs. Apple somewhat bucked it for a while and so did BB very recently, but they (BB) keep coming back to localized variants--especially when there's carrier distribution involved. You think this is bad, the Z30 -2 and -6 were different by one LTE band. Plus, the North American plan--with its screwed up division of 700 MHz--doesn't help either.

Even intra-continentally within North America there's a key difference: Canadian carriers got the -3, while AT&T and TMO got the -1. Mexicans--either carriers and/or independent distributors--also got the -3. Could it be because the -1 is somehow priced higher (maybe due to a higher BoM as a result of wireless charging?) I don't know.
    MBrettH likes this.
    08-09-16 09:42 PM
    Q&A

1. What is this 'Compatibility compares to/exceeds' column?

If you already own one of the many BB10 phones listed, you can quickly and easily figure out which Priv to get by looking at this column. The Priv model listed will always meet or exceed compatibility for the corresponding BB10 phones listed in this column.

2. Will there be updates to this graphic?

Yes. This thread is a work in progress, and is yet be complete. It will be updated frequently. Usually, my sources of most information are "official" listings/documents: ShopBlackBerry listings, BlackBerry manuals, FCC filings, etc. As more information is made available, I will double check everything and update as necessary.

3. If my carrier uses multiple bands for networks, what's the best way to find out which networks are around me?

If you already have a BB10 phone, there is a way through escreens to find out which network your phone is parked on. Click here for UMTS instructions, here for LTE instructions. This is the best localized check you can do to make sure you are looking at the most compatible Priv for the networks around you. Credit to yhamaie for all this excellent information. Careful with escreens.

For instructions to run similar tests on iPhones, click here. For Samsung Galaxy devices, dial *#0011# and look for RRC band.

4. What's the deal with Verizon and Sprint, will any of the GSM-only models work?

Sprint: no. The GSM-only models don't have approved CDMA, which Sprint still requires for activation on their network.

There have been reports (1, 2) of the STV100-1 working on Verizon LTE. It is important to note that the STV100-1 lacks LTE band 13, and that in absence of a secondary Verizon LTE network, the STV100-1 will not work on Verizon.

5. Which models have wireless charging?

See this post for information from the manual re: wireless charging.

6. Anything else I should know?

This is a community driven thread. So if you buy a Priv and would like to chime in with compatibility information, please feel free to do so and I will update the OP. If you have news about new networks, please chime in as well.
    STV100-1 (at&t unlocked) works well on airtel India.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 01:48 PM
    STV100-1 (at&t unlocked) works well on airtel India.
    Thanks. It isn't compatible with Airtel's primary 4G network (2300 MHz TDD, band 40) but it would be with the 1800 MHz (band 3) 4G network they have in some markets/circles. And of course, nationwide compatibility with the 2100 MHz 3G network.
    08-19-16 02:06 PM
    Excuse me, i have some question to ask.
    I planed to buy a bb priv t-mobile but I confused about support update. How long t-mobile support priv? Will they drop it like verizon?
    08-26-16 05:18 AM
    If you live in India, or neighbouring countries, then you shouldn't have to rely on any carrier updates.

I live in Aus, have an AT&T branded, unlocked Classic and BlackBerry directly downloads to my device. Alternatively, I can and have auto-loaded.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    08-26-16 06:11 AM
    Hi, i have just got Stv 1002 in India. Am i doomed?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 03:09 PM
    Hi, i have just got Stv 1002 in India. Am i doomed?

Posted via CB10
    Basically you won't get LTE.
    09-12-16 04:26 PM
    Thanks .
    And what about 3G on a GSM network.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 10:02 PM
    Also, a rep at vodafone told me that i will get 4g lte on their network. Is it possible? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 07:17 AM
    Also, a rep at vodafone told me that i will get 4g lte on their network. Is it possible? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Correction, it does. I didn't realize Band 3 LTE is being refarmed, and some networks starting to get it. But don't expect good reception, the primary frequency is still 40 TD2300.
    09-14-16 12:03 PM
    For those asking which version is which and what carrier will it work with, refer to this. Select a device, then use the Check Carrier/Country Compatibility button.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/brands/rim
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/brands/blackberry (Listed separately for some reason for Privs)
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 12:05 PM
    Correction, it does. I didn't realize Band 3 LTE is being refarmed, and some networks starting to get it. But don't expect good reception, the primary frequency is still 40 TD2300.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 02:09 PM
    I have a question about the model STV100-4: the website www.frequencycheck.com says that the model supports LTE bands 38, 39, 40 and 41, but from the Blackberry official website, the model only supports LTE band 41. I wonder which one provides the accurate information.
    10-01-16 08:07 AM
    This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Priv. Similar threads for the Classic, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 are located here, here, here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge:

Attachment 393078

How this works: compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Priv is best for your use. Or check below to see if your carrier is on the list. If you don't see it and don't know your carrier's bands, ask for a compatibility check. Just post your carrier's name and country when asking.

Compatible Carriers

STV100-1: AT&T, Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin Canada, Rogers, Fido, WIND, T-Mobile USA, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, BTC, Digicel Antigua and Barbuda, Warid, Zong, Cell C, Celcom, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, Yoigo, 2degrees, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-2: Verizon, Telus, Koodo, WIND, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Entel Bolivia, Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) Yoigo, du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, 2degrees, Warid, Zong, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-3: All carriers compatible with STV100-1 and STV100-4 plus Airtel India, Aircel, China Mobile Hong Kong, Mobily, Zain, STC, MTS RU, MegaFon, 8ta, SKY Brazil

STV100-4: Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin Canada, WIND, EE,Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, CZ, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, NZ, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, NL, Poland,) TeliaSonera (Denmark, Sweden,) SingTel, KT, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Claro (Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru,) Entel (Bolivia, Chile,) Movistar (Chile, Costa Rica, Panama, Uruguay, Spain,) Digitel, Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Nextel Brazil, WOM, Yoigo, 2degrees, Spark NZ, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, SmarTone, M1, Singtel, StarHub, Chunghwa Telecom, China Unicom
    Just trying to get your attention:

How does BB distinguish the Qi enabled versions from the ones not so endowed? The AT&T and Canadian carrier ones are the same number? Is there a sub-number or some such?
    10-01-16 09:51 AM
    Just trying to get your attention:

How does BB distinguish the Qi enabled versions from the ones not so endowed? The AT&T and Canadian carrier ones are the same number? Is there a sub-number or some such?
    AT&T/T-Mobile/US Unlocked/CA Unlocked = 1
    All CA Carriers = 3
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-16 01:10 AM
    I have att unlocked priv. when I open phone info with *#*#4636#*#* i have options to choose like CDMA , GSM, EvDo , LTE CDMA only , etc. Does it mean that it also support CDMA carriers ? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    10-10-16 02:11 AM
    I have att unlocked priv. when I open phone info with *#*#4636#*#* i have options to choose like CDMA , GSM, EvDo , LTE CDMA only , etc. Does it mean that it also support CDMA carriers ? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    I can't answer your specific question but I just received a FACTORY UNlocked Priv from ShopBB. I slipped my Verizon Sim card in it. It showed my Verizon phone number but I can not make or receive phone calls. I did not use that number sequence to see "inside". I also did not try using Verizon's data. I did not want to take a chance that I would not be able to use the sim in my Verizon Priv.

I may get up more guts again. So far using it on wifi. Trying to decide whether to purchase pay-as-you-go from Tmobile or AT&T for some testing.
    10-10-16 09:32 AM
    I can't answer your specific question but I just received a FACTORY UNlocked Priv from ShopBB. I slipped my Verizon Sim card in it. It showed my Verizon phone number but I can not make or receive phone calls. I did not use that number sequence to see "inside". I also did not try using Verizon's data. I did not want to take a chance that I would not be able to use the sim in my Verizon Priv.

I may get up more guts again. So far using it on wifi. Trying to decide whether to purchase pay-as-you-go from Tmobile or AT&T for some testing.
    Maybe take the risk play with the settings if anything happen can try to claim warranty? Just suggestions
    FF22 likes this.
    10-10-16 09:44 AM
    Maybe take the risk play with the settings if anything happen can try to claim warranty? Just suggestions
    Do YOU accept warranty claims?

I might try again. But the problem is that I need my phone at the moment. So I don't want to take the chance just now. Verizon might get huffy since I still have an FCC complaint pending against them.

I also hate playing with what seems like the fragile sim and sd-card frames.
    10-10-16 10:11 AM
    Question for you BAND/Frequency gurus:

How does one tell what LTE Bands are being used? For instance what LTE band is used by Verizon in Seattle? Is there an app for that? Or some site with such info?
    10-10-16 12:37 PM
    Question for you BAND/Frequency gurus:

How does one tell what LTE Bands are being used? For instance what LTE band is used by Verizon in Seattle? Is there an app for that? Or some site with such info?
    Verizon sorry to tell you does not use Bands! They use Beer cans for their signal that's why their updates never come!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    FF22 likes this.
    10-10-16 01:20 PM
    Verizon sorry to tell you does not use Bands! They use Beer cans for their signal that's why their updates never come!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    And they only provide EMPTY cans!

Found an App (of course), LTE Discovery. Band 4 in Seattle!
    10-10-16 01:51 PM
    If you live in India, or neighbouring countries, then you shouldn't have to rely on any carrier updates.

I live in Aus, have an AT&T branded, unlocked Classic and BlackBerry directly downloads to my device. Alternatively, I can and have auto-loaded.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Actually, that is not possible. The only way you get updated is through your carrier - which must support the same device variant as AT&T.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG853 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    10-10-16 04:36 PM
481 ... 1516171819 ...