About wireless charging
    Some service providers support wireless charging for your device. You can charge your device by setting it on a supported
    charging mat instead of connecting your device to a charger.
    You can use the following device models with Qi and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless chargers:
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-1 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-2 smartphone
    • PRIV by BlackBerry STV100-5 smartphone
    Tip: To find your device's model number, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one
    finger, and then tap > About phone.
    gfondeur, raino and Doggerz like this.
    11-05-15 02:52 PM
    Yes, that precludes me getting the APAC/Canadian model. US Unlocked it is.
    Resilience likes this.
    11-05-15 02:57 PM
    Interesting tidbit I found in the user's guide, there's no 6 variant, but 2 and 5 are confirmed here:

http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5...r-Guide-en.pdf

STV100-2 / RHT181LW
    That's the Verizon variant, or expected to be, correct?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:58 PM
    Resilience, where did you find that information?
    11-05-15 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know too much about the US market, sorry. Maybe raino can chime in...

Although I did read the Priv officially supports both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling, it was mentioned in the manual.
    11-05-15 03:00 PM
    See my post with the user's manual. It's all in there.
    raino likes this.
    11-05-15 03:00 PM
    To be fair , @ToniCipriani found it via http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5...r-Guide-en.pdf

I just searched for wireless charging right away and posted it
    11-05-15 03:03 PM
    It can't be the -1, obviously. But I would expect one of the other two to be Verizon, yes. Qi is their thing (although BB puts Qi in both AT&T and Verizon variants.)
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-05-15 03:04 PM
    S&PI links have gone up, but they look to be placeholders right now.
    11-05-15 03:06 PM
    Raino, I thought the -3 model was like *the* model for T-Mobile as far as present and future bands. I guess I care more about speed of signal and ability to receive a signal more than I do the wireless charging. Probably because I've never used wireless charging so I don't know what I'm missing.

-1 is definitely for AT&T and I get that it would probably work pretty well on TMO but is -3 still the best bet?

I'm still kinda hopeful that TMO will sell the phone themselves and maybe they'd ask BlackBerry to add the wireless charging back into the -3.

What are our opinions on the situation?

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-05-15 03:07 PM
    Raino, I thought the -3 model was like *the* model for T-Mobile as far as present and future bands. I guess I care more about speed of signal and ability to receive a signal more than I do the wireless charging. Probably because I've never used wireless charging so I don't know what I'm missing.

-1 is definitely for AT&T and I get that it would probably work pretty well on TMO but is -3 still the best bet?

I'm still kinda hopeful that TMO will sell the phone themselves and maybe they'd ask BlackBerry to add the wireless charging back into the -3.

What are our opinions on the situation?
    -3 is the model for the world. It is stacked with LTE bands. That being said, if you want to get the -1 for wireless charging, it too will work on TMO perfectly. I would just advise you to wait until the band 12 and voLTE/WFC situations are clarified (if any of these matter to you.)

There was a video purportedly of the -6 with a couple of TMO bloatware apps on the phone. But if the -6 is no longer in the pipeline, it's possible TMO gets the -3. I say 3 and not 1 because typically, AT&T and TMO have carried different variants of phones (all the way back to the Z10,) whereas Canada had the same model Classic as TMO. Plus TMO didn't get the wireless charging variant of the Classic (happens across other OEMs too, apparently.)
    gfondeur and Doggerz like this.
    11-05-15 03:13 PM
    And this also precludes Telus getting STV100-6, there's no 2, 5, 6 listed. I doubt they would sell a phone they don't list in their own support site.

Help and manuals
    In the past, they have added S&PIs later. They usually start out with the models that are for sale.
    11-05-15 03:19 PM
    In the past, they have added S&PIs later. They usually start out with the models that are for sale.
    But if Telus is selling it tomorrow...
    11-05-15 03:22 PM
    But if Telus is selling it tomorrow...
    Right. It precludes there being a -6 (at least tomorrow.) But not a -2 and a -5.
    11-05-15 03:35 PM
    Please put north American carriers in the table. You'll please the majority.
    Done. Cross-compatibility is a *****.
    11-05-15 03:36 PM
    Right. It precludes there being a -6 (at least tomorrow.) But not a -2 and a -5.
    Hopefully -2 in the manual gives a little more hope for a Verizon model as rumored from a BlackBerry e-commerce director and our own EIC here.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:42 PM
    Hopefully -2 in the manual gives a little more hope for a Verizon model as rumored from a BlackBerry e-commerce director and our own EIC here.
    I think one of the two has to be Verizon. I mean, what's left as far as GSM goes--just that alleged TMO model, right?
    11-05-15 03:48 PM
    Has anyone ever told you guys that you're awesome and highly intelligent! Kudos to you guys in here!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:52 PM
    I'm trying to figure out what is more important to me. Wireless charging of the STV100-1 or or the increased supported frequencies of the STV100-3. Can anyone tell me where the SVT100-1 would not work. Europe? Caribbean islands etc. Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:48 PM
    Can anyone tell me where the SVT100-1 would not work. Europe? Caribbean islands etc. Thanks for the help.
    With these three models (1, 3, 4) you are going to get up to HSPA+ in pretty much the entire world, except maybe Japan (they be using some funky UMTS bands.) The compatibility issues arise when you have to check for LTE. So if your carrier doesn't have an LTE network yet and won't for quite a while, you don't even need to check a whole lot for compatibility.

Europe mainly uses four bands for LTE: 3 (1800 MHz,) 7 (2600 MHz,) 20 (800 MHz) and to a lesser degree, band 8 (900 MHz.) Out of these four, the -1 does not have band 8. So you would lose some compatibility when it comes to Europe.

The Caribbean nations, I believe, use bands 2, 3, 4 and 17, all of which are present in the -1.

If you want to check for specific countries, let us know.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-05-15 05:12 PM
    -3 is the model for the world. It is stacked with LTE bands. That being said, if you want to get the -1 for wireless charging, it too will work on TMO perfectly. I would just advise you to wait until the band 12 and voLTE/WFC situations are clarified (if any of these matter to you.)

There was a video purportedly of the -6 with a couple of TMO bloatware apps on the phone. But if the -6 is no longer in the pipeline, it's possible TMO gets the -3. I say 3 and not 1 because typically, AT&T and TMO have carried different variants of phones (all the way back to the Z10,) whereas Canada had the same model Classic as TMO. Plus TMO didn't get the wireless charging variant of the Classic (happens across other OEMs too, apparently.)
    Thanks so much. I really think that I'm content to wait for a month or two to see what TMO does. See how it all shakes out.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-05-15 05:35 PM
    From Weibo.
    Verizon network support for BlackBerry Priv:
    FDD-LTE - 2,3,4,5,7,13,20;
    HSPA+ - 1,2,4,5/6,8;
    CDMA BC - 0,1

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Faizan Syed; 11-05-15 at 06:49 PM.
    11-05-15 05:36 PM
    With these three models (1, 3, 4) you are going to get up to HSPA+ in pretty much the entire world, except maybe Japan (they be using some funky UMTS bands.) The compatibility issues arise when you have to check for LTE. So if your carrier doesn't have an LTE network yet and won't for quite a while, you don't even need to check a whole lot for compatibility.

Europe mainly uses four bands for LTE: 3 (1800 MHz,) 7 (2600 MHz,) 20 (800 MHz) and to a lesser degree, band 8 (900 MHz.) Out of these four, the -1 does not have band 8. So you would lose some compatibility when it comes to Europe.

The Caribbean nations, I believe, use bands 2, 3, 4 and 17, all of which are present in the -1.

If you want to check for specific countries, let us know.
    How well could I get around Hong Kong+Mainland China + maybe Korea and South East Asia?

I was hoping to get the -3 but will be receiving the -1 instead, so now I am worried about how well I can get around those parts of the world with the American version.
    11-05-15 05:46 PM
    From Weibo.
    Verizon network support for BlackBerry Priv:
    FDD-LTE - 2,4,5,7,13,20;
    HSPA+ - 1,2,4,5/6,8;
    CDMA BC - 0,1

Posted via CB10
    I tried to google that site, no luck finding what you are referring to.
    11-05-15 06:01 PM
    I tried to google that site, no luck finding what you are referring to.

BlackBerry Priv Models and Supported Frequencies-priv-verizon-3.png

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-05-15 06:38 PM
481 ... 678910 ...