So I had a very bad experience the other day I had a family plan with AT&T and then they started to become to over priced for me so I got a priv unlocked my wife got another unlocked phone I went to metro to see if they would activate the device they told me even tho it is a android it's a blackberry and we don't support them they told me after I ported my number over it was horrible after I spent an hour on hold for tech support they put in the imei of the phone in there system they said is this a blackberry I said yes they said we cannot activate the device sorry so I said what are my options they literally told me to go to another network I was pissed has this happened to anyone else?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 03:26 PM
    you've got unlocked gsm priv and if metro pcs it's cdma they can't activate it and it's not priv only
    the only really unlocked phones that i know : iphone,nexus and maybe samsung
    04-04-16 03:35 PM
    you've got unlocked gsm priv and if metro pcs it's cdma they can't activate it and it's not priv only
    the only really unlocked phones that i know : iphone,nexus and maybe samsung
    I thought metro pc uses t-mobile cell tower.
    skinnymike1 and Gigolo69 like this.
    04-04-16 03:44 PM
    you're right it's no longer cdma it's gsm so it should work unless they want to sell their phones
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    04-04-16 03:51 PM
    Customer Care Representatives are just script readers... I used to work for a cellular company, I have seen the idiocy at its' finest...

Anyhoo, just get the proper Metro PCS SIM card activated and have the desired plan of choice established using said SIM... (Is it the ATT Priv or the ShopBlackBerry? Either will work as Metro PCS is GSM...) T-Mobile uses the same Priv model - STV100-1 - as the shopBlackBerry Priv, but the ATT Priv should work provided all the essential bands are present as per Metro's prerequisites in order to take full advantage of their network. From there, if the Priv is unlocked, just insert the activated Metro SIM and go... (Bonus: If it's a T-Mobile Priv you don't even need to unlock it, should work on Metro without being unlocked and vice versa with Metro devices not needing unlocking to run on T-Mobile..) You can call and give them the other 'deets' at a later time if you'd want, but they really don't need the IMEI number... That's just a security measure in their script that is put there to screen for stolen devices and such... Point being, T-Mobile sells the Priv, Metro PCS uses the T-Mobile network... It WILL work and be supported despite their adamant claims... They will tell you they don't support BlackBerry, but that is because they really mean 'we no longer opt to carry BIS'... They just simply aren't educated beyond the script... It'll work... I have seen the Classic and Q10 on Metro, the Priv will work too...

Posted via CB10
    rbtg, Wezard and Gigolo69 like this.
    04-04-16 04:00 PM
    +1 on that
    04-04-16 05:46 PM
    I tried everything it is the unlocked model same as the t-mobile purchased from blackberry still didn't work I put the Sim in the phone and nothing i changed the apn settings manually and still nothing I did everything I could think of

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 10:53 PM
    I have a shop blackberry priv that was on t mobile. I went to one metro pcs store and they said my phone wasn't compatible. I went to another metro store and they had me in and out in about 20 minutes. I can confirm that the Priv works on Metro pcs. The rep coded it as SKU: BYOD-ANDROID
    Blackberry PRIV on Metro pcs-metro.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Wolf35Nine; 07-14-16 at 09:22 AM.
    07-14-16 01:32 AM
    Anybody knows a Website that can unlock a BlackBerry Priv from Metro PCS?
    10-12-16 03:45 PM
    Anybody knows a Website that can unlock a BlackBerry Priv from Metro PCS?
    Metro PCS never sold the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 10:40 PM
    Yes they did, or at least they activated the Prive on their network (See attached pic)Blackberry PRIV on Metro pcs-screen-shot-2016-10-13-9.56.38-am.png

Metro PCS never sold the Priv.
    10-13-16 09:57 AM
    Yes they did, or at least they activated the Prive on their network (See attached pic)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.56.38 AM.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	439.0 KB 
ID:	409958
    That's a T-Mobile phone. You can use it on Metro PCS network with out unlocking the phone.
    10-13-16 09:00 PM
    Metro PCS is T-Mobile (network, auth, etc)

It's just re-branded T-Mobile service these days (didn't used to be before T-Mobile bought them, but is now) and positioned as their "lower tier" prepaid service. I'm not sure why it still exists, actually, since the former (small but real) price differential is now gone .vs. T-Mobile prepaid service, but MetroPCS has a tiering restriction on bandwidth that "native" T-Mobile prepaid does not, so you're actually paying the same price for inferior service on MetroPCS now!
    10-14-16 08:04 AM
    You can use your priv on Metro pcs the only thing that you need is to have your 15 digit IMEI number. For some reason when you dial *#06# your IMEI number only shows 14 digits. The representative was unable to continuing the set up without the 15 digits IMEI number so I look for it on the box and big surprise there was there the last digit that it was missing !!!!! After that everything was ok, Another tip just say that it is an Android don't mention that is a BB device.
    ShvartzBerry and Gigolo69 like this.
    12-13-16 11:47 PM
    You can use your priv on Metro pcs the only thing that you need is to have your 15 digit IMEI number. For some reason when you dial *#06# your IMEI number only shows 14 digits. The representative was unable to continuing the set up without the 15 digits IMEI number so I look for it on the box and big surprise there was there the last digit that it was missing !!!!! After that everything was ok, Another tip just say that it is an Android don't mention that is a BB device.
    I think you can find the full number in Main Settings, About, Status then tap on imei information.
    12-14-16 12:33 AM
    @Vic,
    You have no idea how much endless frustration you probably saved me with this post. I was finally able to move my Priv over to MetroPCS. Even with the full 15 digits, it didn't work online and didn't work through the automated system on the phone but a live rep was able to put it through.
    Gigolo69 and newcollector like this.
    10-30-17 01:45 PM
    I'm on metro with unlocked att priv..
    Works fine..
    10-31-17 09:32 AM
    I'm on AT&T network with an unlocked Priv from dailysteals.com and it works great.
    11-05-17 07:16 PM