Hi,

Recently, my BlackBerry Priv lost the ability to search and connect to any WiFi networks. It is trying to look for WiFi networks but nothing happens.
    I read all the possible fixes but they not helped at all.
    So, it just stop to discover WiFi networks and the list of available networks is blank.
    I tried to uninstall recently installed apps, soft factory reset and so on. Finally I applied BB autoloader fix and now on the phone has an unattached brand new OS. Again nothing.
    What is strange is that after the initial setup when I reboot the phone in safe mode I am able to connect to the WiFi.

I'll appreciate any suggestions how to fix it.

Thanks,

- Mike
    Last edited by mixailgm; 12-30-16 at 04:13 PM. Reason: ..
    12-30-16 12:53 PM
    It working in safe mode implies you may have an app that is interfering with it. Only core services are loaded in safe mode. Do you have anything installed that might be like a network tool, something that might be tapping into Wifi outside the norm?
    12-30-16 01:51 PM
    Hi,

Recently, my BlackBerry Priv lost the ability to search and connect to any WiFi networks. It is trying to look for WiFi networks but nothing happens.
    I read all the possible fixes but they not helped at all.
    So, it just stop to discover WiFi networks and the list of available networks is blank.
    I tried to uninstall recently installed apps, soft factory reset and so on. Finally I applied BB autoloader fix and now on the phone is an unattached brand new OS. Again nothing.
    What is strange is that after the initial setup when I reboot the phone in safe mode I am able to connect to the WiFi.

I'll appreciate any suggestions how to fix it.

Thanks,

- Mike
    So, reloading the OS did NOT fix it, even briefly? Did you immediately restore stuff or did it restore stuff when you use used your BBID/email password? Maybe some app is bad and messing stuff up. You might want to use the Autoloader again but make sure not to restore apps.

By the way, who is your carrier? Warranty?
    12-30-16 01:55 PM
    So, reloading the OS did NOT fix it, even briefly? Did you immediately restore stuff or did it restore stuff when you use used your BBID/email password? Maybe some app is bad and messing stuff up. You might want to use the Autoloader again but make sure not to restore apps.

By the way, who is your carrier? Warranty?
    I don't have an option to choose what to upload. BB Autoloader just upload the images. Is there an option to choose what to install from predefined system APPS?
    About the warranty is a different issue. Now I am trying to reach someone from BB support. I bought it from a third party (E1 Wireless) and I'm having problems with them.
    It's an AT&T unlocked device but now is working on T-mobile network.
    Last edited by mixailgm; 12-30-16 at 02:32 PM. Reason: ...
    12-30-16 02:30 PM
    It working in safe mode implies you may have an app that is interfering with it. Only core services are loaded in safe mode. Do you have anything installed that might be like a network tool, something that might be tapping into Wifi outside the norm?
    As I said now it's running a brand new uploaded OS, no additional APPS are running on it.
    12-30-16 02:35 PM
    I don't have an option to choose what to upload. BB Autoloader just upload the images. Is there an option to choose what to install from predefined system APPS?
    About the warranty is a different issue. Now I am trying to reach someone from BB support. I bought it from a third party (E1 Wireless) and I'm having problems with them.
    It's an AT&T unlocked device but now is working on T-mobile network.
    I don't think you can eliminate the native apps. But I know when I set up my Priv the first time, I used the same Gmail info I had used on my Samsung Tablet. It automatically loaded apps that I had purchased or download for the Samsung onto the Priv. So there were 3rd party apps installed. If you can avoid reloading some of your apps is what I suggest but maybe you already did that and it is "pristine."

But as Bla1ze said, if safe mode works, it is probably an app causing the issue.
    12-30-16 04:27 PM
    I don't think you can eliminate the native apps. But I know when I set up my Priv the first time, I used the same Gmail info I had used on my Samsung Tablet. It automatically loaded apps that I had purchased or download for the Samsung onto the Priv. So there were 3rd party apps installed. If you can avoid reloading some of your apps is what I suggest but maybe you already did that and it is "pristine."

But as Bla1ze said, if safe mode works, it is probably an app causing the issue.
    Unfortunatelly, this is not the issue which I have.
    Because when I am resetting the phone I skipped all options from the initial setup and I don't have an internet connection at that time.
    So, the issue cannot be caused by third party additional APPS.
    12-30-16 05:18 PM
    I am having the same issue, the WiFi just won't turn on. Has anyone managed to fix this?
    10-26-17 09:31 AM
    Unfortunatelly, this is not the issue which I have.
    Because when I am resetting the phone I skipped all options from the initial setup and I don't have an internet connection at that time.
    So, the issue cannot be caused by third party additional APPS.
    See what isn't running while in safe mode, and if you can't uninstall those apps, at least disable them. Since it works in safe mode, something that doesn't run while on it is causing the issue. You can then enable them one at a time and test, till you discover the culprit.
    10-26-17 08:18 PM
    Any updates on this issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 11:44 PM