Been trouble-shooting frequent dropped calls and very sluggish 4G Lite w/ Tmobile BlackBerry tech support for months.

Tmobile points to tower upgrades.

Reset APN, checked settings and techs said they changed tower and reset. This is a regular-thing (weekly).

Last tech suggested that the issue(s) are stemming from my Priv flip-case so I removed it (for the next 72 hours while they monitor) so we shall see.

Also - Priv won't always fully restart after powering down (techs say = flip-case and battery)

Want to protect the phone w/ the flip case, though. Is it really the culprit here?
    01-31-17 02:59 PM
    The flip case? I didn't notice any difference in signal at all with vs without the flip case. Or any other case, that I can recall.

I just gave away my flip case to a friend, since I wasn't using it much. I'll ask him to test both ways.
    01-31-17 03:07 PM
    Really? Was that what the tech support guy said to you? Nonsense.. what a flip Case can do anyway to the signal reception of a phone. Come on..
    01-31-17 04:46 PM
    Is the case made of steel?
    01-31-17 07:20 PM
    The flip case? I didn't notice any difference in signal at all with vs without the flip case. Or any other case, that I can recall.

I just gave away my flip case to a friend, since I wasn't using it much. I'll ask him to test both ways.
    My buddy just got back to me. He tested with and without the flip case. No difference, as I expected. Sounds like the TMO tech needs a refresher course.
    01-31-17 07:28 PM
    Well, there is the magnet (and some 3rd party flip cases have more than one) and I guess it misaligned, maybe it could cause signal/antenna problems???? Obviously, the phone was designed to react appropriately with the magnet so as to trigger the sleep and window display mode.
    01-31-17 10:56 PM
    The only issue I have ever seen with my Flipcase is the one time my Priv rebooted while closed...had to boot it again while open to get the sleep screen to disappear (it required a hard restart).

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 10:58 PM
    Sometimes, when i put the Priv on a table, with the front flipped under the back of the phone, i indeed get the 'minimal' screen as if the case was closed. The flip case near underneath is probably detected as closed. If you configured the phone to hang up when you close it, then there is indeed a risk of hanging up..
    02-01-17 08:55 AM