This appears to be the case. I left mine overnight with the Hub and SMS app open. I restarted the phone half way through the night and it is now working fine.

I think the Hub is building a database/indexing and seems to take a long time to do it. You can see conversations updating periodically.

Interestingly I deleted a short SMS conversation and emails started coming through briefly before it stopped again for a few hours. That makes me think there may be some kind of bug which stops the process, so a restart is worth trying to ensure the indexing hasn't stopped.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes, the building of the databases during initial sync under large data loads is something we're still working to improve. Obviously, you want to get your data as quickly as possible. We have some improvements in the pipeline.
    11-09-15 02:55 PM
    Yes, the building of the databases during initial sync under large data loads is something we're still working to improve. Obviously, you want to get your data as quickly as possible. We have some improvements in the pipeline.
    We? Sorry if I missed, but you're BlackBerry QA member?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:40 PM
    I'm reasonable happy with the hub. Do miss Priority though and WhatsApp in it
    11-09-15 03:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem too. Trying with a paid google apps for work address. Very annoying. My battery life has been awful as well. Any suggestions?
    Fixed! Everything works fantastic now. Hub is great! Love this marriage. Android + BlackBerry = Bliss.
    11-09-15 04:30 PM
    I installed the PRIV Hub on my android tablet just to see if I liked it or not.

I set up my personal GMAIL and I'm pretty sure it had an option for "use push if supported".

But I could have been mistaken.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    yes its there....not sure if it does actually push though
    11-09-15 05:15 PM
    We? Sorry if I missed, but you're BlackBerry QA member?

Posted via CB10
    Product Manager for Hub and Email at BlackBerry
    11-09-15 05:44 PM
    yes its there....not sure if it does actually push though
    It uses IMAP idle, so while not leveraging GCM it's still received incredibly quickly without having to constantly poll the server.
    11-09-15 05:46 PM
    1. Progress/status indicator
    2. Ability to pause

I'm assuming that using the phone while its trying to do the background indexing causes it to run a lot longer. If one knew how much longer the heavy lifting was, they might just put the phone down and let it finish. Or they might pause it and let it do the heavy lifting overnight, while not in hands.

You can also indicate to people that the larger the mailboxes and the more accounts will make the load heavier. Same if for photos and mp3 indexing. Perhaps the progress indicator could show when mail, photos, videos, BBM, music finishes indexing.
    11-09-15 05:53 PM
    I agree. I almost returned the phone thinking I had a bum unit. There should be some sort or progress indicator and pop up telling the user that this may take a while.
    11-10-15 06:48 AM
    I agree. I almost returned the phone thinking I had a bum unit. There should be some sort or progress indicator and pop up telling the user that this may take a while.
    There should have been a persistent notification in the tray informing the user that sync is happening. It's in the updated version of Hub though, not the preloaded version. I suspect a lot of people are probably doing sync on the preloaded client which didn't have all the improvements we put into the first update
    11-10-15 07:25 AM
    There should have been a persistent notification in the tray informing the user that sync is happening. It's in the updated version of Hub though, not the preloaded version. I suspect a lot of people are probably doing sync on the preloaded client which didn't have all the improvements we put into the first update
    Welcome to Crackberry Forums Bryant. And keep up the great work!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    saxxman, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-10-15 07:41 AM
    Welcome, Bryant! I am a former BlackBerry employee myself. Ala 2007, worked on Bold

Can you let us know if following features are coming to Hub:
    1. Integration with text messages so you don't have to go to a separate app to reply to texts/mms
    2. Integration with other other IM clients (wait, is it even under your control? Or do third party developers have to do something to integrate their app with Hub? If so, have you released developer documentation and sent it to popular apps that one would want to integrate with Hub? Eg: Worldmate, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype and so on)

One more question:
    3. What kind of release cycle can we expect for the first 6 months or Hub? App to be updated every 2 weeks, every month? I am guessing that your team would be monitoring user feedback and frantically trying to push fixes and new features. So, a 2 week cycle for first 6 months and then perhaps monthly or bi-monthly cycle?
    saxxman and Arabianhorse like this.
    11-11-15 03:53 PM
    Nice of you to join us here Now let's talk about the future of BB10...
    11-11-15 06:24 PM
    Nice of you to join us here Now let's talk about the future of BB10...
    Let's not scare away the guy.
    southlander and kbz1960 like this.
    11-11-15 07:02 PM
    Set all my emails to push and emailed myself from my Hotmail to Gmail. Got it in less than 30s seems like push for Gmail is working

11-12-15 01:47 AM
    I set up gmail on the hub, and then deactivated (deleted) Gmail app. Works perfectly. Email comes in very quickly. Dont really notice lag.

The gmail app is horrible. I'd much prefer the flat style offered by BB hub.
    11-12-15 01:52 AM
    Is that for text messages too? I used the latest version of the Hub and received the notification for email, but not texts which I think are probably more the problem if you're importing several years worth.

11-12-15 02:00 AM
    Gmail Push perfect working with imap configuration
    11-12-15 02:19 AM
    Welcome, Bryant! I am a former BlackBerry employee myself. Ala 2007, worked on Bold

Can you let us know if following features are coming to Hub:
    1. Integration with text messages so you don't have to go to a separate app to reply to texts/mms
    2. Integration with other other IM clients (wait, is it even under your control? Or do third party developers have to do something to integrate their app with Hub? If so, have you released developer documentation and sent it to popular apps that one would want to integrate with Hub? Eg: Worldmate, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype and so on)

One more question:
    3. What kind of release cycle can we expect for the first 6 months or Hub? App to be updated every 2 weeks, every month? I am guessing that your team would be monitoring user feedback and frantically trying to push fixes and new features. So, a 2 week cycle for first 6 months and then perhaps monthly or bi-monthly cycle?
    Now that's a lot of questions...where to begin....

1) Can you tell me what it is that bothers you about going to a separate app for text messaging? I'll admit this one somewhat surprises me. Given the large number of great text messaging apps available in the Google Play store, we didn't want to try to re-invent the wheel where we didn't have to, or where we couldn't create additional value for our users. What specific use-cases do you have that aren't met currently? Would love to get specific details from folks on this so we can better understand the problems folks are facing here.

2) It's both and varies. Some of it is under our control where we can, and some of it we need the co-operation of partners. We know that integrated content is important to our users, and the Hub in general, so we're working to make sure we can get the right pieces one way or the other. Can't go a whole lot into specifics for specific apps/partners though.

3) Can't give a whole lot of specifics on release cycle at this point, but given we're detached from the OS and have the ability to update via Google Play we aim to do so as quickly and regularly as we can to deliver fixes and new feature content.
    11-12-15 12:06 PM
    Is that for text messages too? I used the latest version of the Hub and received the notification for email, but not texts which I think are probably more the problem if you're importing several years worth.

No. Hub won't create notifications in the tray for SMS content, or content that it doesn't "own". We really want to prevent creating notification noise for the user so that you don't have to triage things twice in different spots. The Google Messenger application on the Priv is what "owns" the text message content, so they would have to be responsible for showing status.

Are you seeing delays in your text messages appearing in Hub?
    11-12-15 12:09 PM

1) Can you tell me what it is that bothers you about going to a separate app for text messaging? I'll admit this one somewhat surprises me. Given the large number of great text messaging apps available in the Google Play store, we didn't want to try to re-invent the wheel where we didn't have to, or where we couldn't create additional value for our users. What specific use-cases do you have that aren't met currently? Would love to get specific details from folks on this so we can better understand the problems folks are facing here.
    It's a jarring experience for anyone who is used to the HUB on BB10 where, while, technically you may be going into another app, it does not feel like it. I believe that the majority of people would find it more comfortable, even those who haven't used BB10, if as many items as possible were integrated into the hub. I was under the impression it was intended to be a 'central' area for all communications; being farmed out to other apps where hitting back won't neccisairily take me back to the hub every time is not a efficient. I understand Whatsapp and the like are not under your control, but texting can be, and so it'd just feel a much, much more integrated system if you pull it in house.
    ssbtech likes this.
    11-12-15 12:13 PM
    It's a jarring experience for anyone who is used to the HUB on BB10 where, while, technically you may be going into another app, it does not feel like it. I believe that the majority of people would find it more comfortable, even those who haven't used BB10, if as many items as possible were integrated into the hub. I was under the impression it was intended to be a 'central' area for all communications; being farmed out to other apps where hitting back won't neccisairily take me back to the hub every time is not a efficient. I understand Whatsapp and the like are not under your control, but texting can be, and so it'd just feel a much, much more integrated system if you pull it in house.
    I think to add to this reply.... the Hub on BB10 is a seamless experience. From what I've read about the Hub on Priv, it seems as though it acts more as a "viewer" than as something that has read/write access to the accounts within it (other than Hub email accounts). BB10 users love the Hub so much because it handles basically every piece of communication on the device. It renders communication "apps" themselves useless and unifies the experience in one place.

FYI: I do not own a Priv yet, but I have been following the forum closely. There are things about Android that have always annoyed me, so in order to be swayed to the Priv (or other BlackBerry Android product), I need to know how it will be better than other Android products I've tried.
    ssbtech likes this.
    11-12-15 02:29 PM

I read on one of the reviews that some people (especially coming from BB10) expect that when the Hub takes you to another app for messaging, when you press the Back button it would return to the Hub. Instead, it takes them to the Home screen... I think that breaks the flow and it's probably one of the primary reasons why people are asking for integration.

Where in BB10 we had app "cards" that can be loaded in the context of another app, Android doesn't have such a capability as far as I know. But if it could at least return to the Hub if it came from the Hub, that would help keep the flow tremendously.
    11-12-15 03:32 PM

Thanks, Bryant, for answering my questions! The first one shouldn't surprise you actually because a lot of people have been posting on this board and on reviews about it.

The main pain point is, it takes you to a separate text-message app and clicking back does not bring you back to Hub. On BB10, you can reply to a text message but are still in Hub so you can continue whatever you were doing on Hub. You don't have to find the Hub again and open it again.

There are plenty of text-messaging app so perhaps you don't have to build another text app. But you should consider tighter integration where users don't have to leave HUB to reply to text messages. Either you open a compose screen that passes all information to a separate text-app, or you build your own text-app that is contained within the Hub or you build a mechanism where clicking back will bring you back to Hub (if that was your point of origin to text-messaging app).

I see other people have already chimed in as well.

Thanks again for listening and responding. Appreciate your time very much. Please let us know if such tight integration with text-messages is going to come soon? Text is a very frequently used feature and so the sooner you can integrate texting with Hub (where user doesnt have leave Hub or is brought back to Hub with back button), the sooner this pain point will disappear and sooner people will start raving about the hub
    11-12-15 04:07 PM
    Texting from hub is very fast when it opens the native Android text client app. I see no issues with this . But i understand the point of it all looking the same.
    BB10 phones have a separate text and BBM app showing on screen which I used separately on my Z30. Now i use this Android native Messenger app. I like that because it's faster and do the same with BBM.. They still sync to hub if you want and you can still compose from hub.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-12-15 04:43 PM
93 1234