Sorry if this is already addressed somewhere, the forum is quite busy right now and hard to keep track of the various threads.

Basically I am just in the process of setting up my Priv, I have not actually committed to switching the SIM from my Classic yet as I am concerned about the functionality of the Hub.

So far I have added two gmail accounts to the Hub, one is my gmail which was used for the device activation, and the second a business one. On my classic I get emails instantly "push email", but on the Priv, there seems to be no way to do this, it only allows me the option of syncing every 5 minutes.... is this the case?
    11-06-15 01:14 PM
    Are u using a default gmail app from google? that app doesn't allow push service.

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-06-15 01:21 PM
    Are u using a default gmail app from google? that app doesn't allow push service.

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    incorrect...the gmail app is the only app that actually has true push and sync for gmail
    11-06-15 01:25 PM
    incorrect...the gmail app is the only app that actually has true push and sync for gmail
    Sorry you're right, gmail app is the true push only for gmail.

Then he must be using the BlackBerry email app on android,

11-06-15 01:29 PM
    Maybe the hub is setting up gmail account with imap but check your settings! I believe even if you setup gmail from the gmail app the messages will show on the hub.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:30 PM
    I use cloud mail on my galaxy devices since the native gmail app doesn't allow you to have push service for email other than gmail. You might be able to get one from the playstore, only I doubt the integration with the hub.

11-06-15 01:32 PM
    I am using the Hub application on the Priv, I added the account. I have 3 google accounts and some office365 accounts. The office365 accounts gave me the option of "Push" but the gmail ones (both personal gmail and paid google apps accounts) did not.

On my Classic, yes my google accounts are added as imap, however there is a toggle called "Use Push if supported", and obviously it is supported because I get alerts on my classic before it even shows up in Gmail.
    11-06-15 01:55 PM
    Will be watching this thread, as I have 2 Gmail, 2 Outlook and 2 IMAP accounts to set up...
    11-06-15 02:23 PM
    I have two Gmail accounts. I use one for my Google Play account. When I first activated my device, it synced to the Gmail app. But no matter what I do, while I have added it to the Hub, no emails will sync. I've tried deleting it from both the Hub and Gmail and re-adding it. I get a notification that says 'please wait while info for [email protected] syncs to your device', but nothing occurs in the Hub. Meanwhile, my other Gmail account syncs flawlessly in the Hub--and both settings are the same.

I suppose it is something I could live with, as I can still check it under the Gmail app, but would rather find a solution. I have updated my Hub app, along with the other BlackBerry apps through the Play Store. Guess I could try a good ol' reboot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:13 PM
    The only thing I can say is, when I first started setting up my Priv, I did not have the SIM card in. After I put the SIM card in it asked me to reboot which I ignored... and when I opened the Hub it was blank. I decided to accept the notification to reboot the device, and after that the content came back into the Hub. Still facing the issue of being unable to use Push with google email accounts in the Hub (unlike on BB10).
    11-06-15 03:24 PM
    I know everyone's needs are different, but why is it so necessary for people to get email that quickly? If the person sending it needed a response that urgently, they should have called or texted.
    11-06-15 03:53 PM
    Many things. Automated notifications is one, where 5 minutes makes a difference. Also in situations where emails are going back and forth with somebody who I do not instant message with or talk on the phone with (or cannot at that moment), we can exchange several emails in a matter of minutes, without push, that could take over half an hour or longer waiting up to 5 minutes every time.
    iorto390 likes this.
    11-06-15 04:03 PM
    People who use Email for work, usually need to see and respond to emails efficiently. Having that 5 minute lag, hinders this.
    11-06-15 04:04 PM
    Many things. Automated notifications is one, where 5 minutes makes a difference. Also in situations where emails are going back and forth with somebody who I do not instant message with or talk on the phone with (or cannot at that moment), we can exchange several emails in a matter of minutes, without push, that could take over half an hour or longer waiting up to 5 minutes every time.
    Is it not possible to do a swipe down to refresh type action that will force another poll to the email server? Outlook for Android does this, as does Inbox. And thank you for your clear and thoughtful answer.
    11-06-15 04:13 PM
    they should have called or texted.
    That was a funny post. Email should be close to instant.
    11-06-15 04:26 PM
    If you st up the account in the gmail app, doesn't sync up with the Hub, therefore making Gmail messages appearinstantly?

FFS... the typng lag on this site is getting ridiculous.
    11-06-15 04:31 PM
    I for one require instant emails for my ecommerce business as it is important for me to respond to my customers needs.

I know everyone's needs are different, but why is it so necessary for people to get email that quickly? If the person sending it needed a response that urgently, they should have called or texted.
    11-06-15 04:34 PM
    This is. A problem berth Android /Google/Gmail, not the Hub or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:34 PM
    Has anyone setup Hotmail yet on the priv's hub?
    11-06-15 04:35 PM
    This is. A problem berth Android /Google/Gmail, not the Hub or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    there is no way its a problem with gmail/android. the gmail app and android work fine for millions of other with no issue. its a hub/bb/android problem
    11-06-15 04:37 PM
    Think I have it set to 5 minutes. How do you get it to allow push?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 04:45 PM
    there is no way its a problem with gmail/android. the gmail app and android work fine for millions of other with no issue. its a hub/bb/android problem
    If emails show up instantly in Gmail (app), shouldn't that also be reflected in the hub right away?

In other words, don't set up the hub as the mail client, set up Gmail to show in the hub instead.
    11-06-15 04:47 PM
    This is does in fact appear to be a problem/ with the Priv implementation of Hub, not a google issue. On my blackberry classic, google accounts are push, it even has a toggle for "use push if available". When I add office365 and/or outlook.com accounts to the Priv, I am given the Push option. On google accounts though, only the 5 minute option.

If I do not add them as accounts in the Hub, and instead use the native gmail app, that breaks the point of the Hub does it not, they then do not show up in my Hub, and I cannot compose messages as them from the hub etc.
    11-06-15 09:12 PM
    This is does in fact appear to be a problem/ with the Priv implementation of Hub, not a google issue. On my blackberry classic, google accounts are push, it even has a toggle for "use push if available". When I add office365 and/or outlook.com accounts to the Priv, I am given the Push option. On google accounts though, only the 5 minute option.

If I do not add them as accounts in the Hub, and instead use the native gmail app, that breaks the point of the Hub does it not, they then do not show up in my Hub, and I cannot compose messages as them from the hub etc.
    If you're not seeing the "use push if supported" check or toggle then please make sure you have the most up to date Hub from Google Play. Hub supports IMAP idle which allows for push mail.

11-07-15 11:15 PM
    If you're not seeing the "use push if supported" check or toggle then please make sure you have the most up to date Hub from Google Play. Hub supports IMAP idle which allows for push mail.

Really? Have to check that out and change settings then. That will save battery..

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 11:23 PM
93 123 ...