Howdy,

Picked up my Priv on Dec 29th and still getting used to it. I've been using BlackBerry's since the early 2000s, which was a BB 6510. [The only BlackBerry ever that I know of to have an external antenna]. I understand having to learn a new device whenever the next generation comes out, so I'm reading and researching what I need to do to get this thing set up. I also have a Samsung Tab 10.5, so I'm quite familiar with the Android OS.

We're running BES 12.3 for our corporate email, and I have a few personal email accounts. I have installed the BES12 Client, as well as the Secure Work Space for BES12 and Work Space Manager. I have added my personal email to the personal side, and I have my corporate email added to my work side. So... how can I read my work email from the personal side as I used to under BB10?

Thanks,

- Al
    01-01-16 12:30 PM
    01-01-16 01:04 PM
    Hi,

Let me know if you find anything out about this either from the links or otherwise. I have a similar thread here but haven't heard much back:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1053728

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 08:04 PM
    I am a user and not in IT so bear with me for a moment. We have activated gold licenses for our Priv's and set up SWS etc.

I added my personal and WORK accounts to the HUB and all messages come through. I actually rarely go to the work side.

I am not sure if my IT set this up by design or not.

Also I think we will revert to silver licenses after our trial expires.

BlackBerry Priv | 5.1.1 AAD027 | Bell
    01-02-16 11:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm fortunate enough that I'm one of the administrators of this test BES12 server, and I'm able to make any changes needed. I've spent time reading the links provided and googling around, and here's where I'm at:

I could be mistaken, but if the Exchange email server is added to the personal side, that defeats the entire reason that you'd want to install the Secure Work Space. From what I've read about the BES12 install, the Exchange server should be locked out to only accept ActiveSync connections directly from the BES12 server and to block all ActiveSync connections from user devices. This prevents the work email from being installed on the personal side. If a device is lost, or an employee leaves, you'd have to delete the entire device, not simply the work side.

A few of the items that I'm missing:
    - Work email access through the personal hub
    - Work calendar access on the personal side
    - Bedside mode similar to BES10 (I have read some links about people trying to recreate it, but I haven't tried yet)
    - I miss BlackBerry blend

Yesterday I found a setting on the BES12 server that allows my contacts from the work side to be available on the personal side. What a saving grace it is. Simple things like text messages now have names with them. The setting was under IT policies, Android, Work Connect contacts.

Any feedback would be appreciated to finalize these settings, and I'll keep you up-to-date with what I find as well.

- Al
    01-02-16 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm fortunate enough that I'm one of the administrators of this test BES12 server, and I'm able to make any changes needed. I've spent time reading the links provided and googling around, and here's where I'm at:

I could be mistaken, but if the Exchange email server is added to the personal side, that defeats the entire reason that you'd want to install the Secure Work Space. From what I've read about the BES12 install, the Exchange server should be locked out to only accept ActiveSync connections directly from the BES12 server and to block all ActiveSync connections from user devices. This prevents the work email from being installed on the personal side. If a device is lost, or an employee leaves, you'd have to delete the entire device, not simply the work side.

A few of the items that I'm missing:
    - Work email access through the personal hub
    - Work calendar access on the personal side
    - Bedside mode similar to BES10 (I have read some links about people trying to recreate it, but I haven't tried yet)
    - I miss BlackBerry blend

Yesterday I found a setting on the BES12 server that allows my contacts from the work side to be available on the personal side. What a saving grace it is. Simple things like text messages now have names with them. The setting was under IT policies, Android, Work Connect contacts.

Any feedback would be appreciated to finalize these settings, and I'll keep you up-to-date with what I find as well.

- Al
    I can probably help you with the setup of unified views for your PIM data. Are you using Android for Work or just secure workspace? Unfortunately the unification requires the former.
    01-09-16 07:10 PM