Hi Everybody!!

OK!! I called Bell Mobility Technical Support today because, I would like to purchase the BlackBerry Priv, but I don't want to lose the plan I currently have. I currently have a BlackBerry Q10. In a nutshell I have a grandfathered plan with 6GB of data at a good price point.

What I was told is that I have a dual provisioned account with both RIM data, and XIP data. Basically what this means is, I can go ahead and purchase the Priv outright without fear of losing my plan as it stands. The Priv will work even though I'm coming from a BlackBerry plan to an Android plan. Furthermore, the Priv has a modified data service that still is serviced through BlackBerry servers, according to Bell Technical Support. So, although it is an Android phone, it is still technically a BlackBerry device. I have all this info entered into my Bell Mobility account, so I can buy a Priv whenever I like and keep my plan.

Don't listen to any Bullshiite customer service reps tell you on the phone or in the stores. Call Technical Support. They are trained in both Technical Support AND Customer Service. I was also told that even if I didn't have an XIP provision on my plan, it is a simple matter of calling technical support and having your SIM provisioned for it, even after you have purchased the Priv.

I cannot speak of Rogers and/or Telus, as to how their Technical Support Dept. works. I only spoke with Bell Mobility. But, if Bell can do it, I'm sure Rogers and Telus can as well.

Anyone else, in the U.S. and around the world here on crackberry.com please contact your own carrier Technical Support Dept. If you are in the same scenario.

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR GRANDFATHERED DATA PLANS!!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:47 PM
    Glad that it worked out for you. But to add the disclaimer is always good: PLEASE CHECK YOUR OWN CARRIER AS YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!
    11-17-15 07:30 AM
    I have an unlimited data plan from many years ago on Bell. I didn't ask. Just bought the Priv (at Telus and had it unlocked) and it works fine. I'll keep my grandfathered plan until someone pulls it from my cold, dead hands

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 07:37 AM
    Rogers wouldn't let my buy it full price off contract. Claimed I had to wait 3 months. I was able to keep my 6gb plan but I had to sign a 2 year and pay $630 for device and my bill goes up 18$ to pay back the remaining $170

Would have rathered paid the $799 but oh well I doubt I will be switching carrier's unless wind expands, doubt I will get 6gb anywhere else for the price I pay

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-17-15 08:03 AM
    I had a BlackBerry Classic with WIND mobile and I took a chance and just swapped the SIM to my new Priv, and while it took a re-boot of the Priv, all works perfectly! No calling WIND, it just worked, and I get a better signal and no more waiting for the small BlackBerry Service Icon before I get BlackBerry Service on the Classic. The service on the PRIV is much better than on the Classic where I had many dropped calls and service.

P.S. unlimited Text and Data for $39 per month! Gotta love WIND!
    11-17-15 08:04 AM
    Rogers wouldn't let my buy it full price off contract. Claimed I had to wait 3 months. I was able to keep my 6gb plan but I had to sign a 2 year and pay $630 for device and my bill goes up 18$ to pay back the remaining $170

Would have rathered paid the $799 but oh well I doubt I will be switching carrier's unless wind expands, doubt I will get 6gb anywhere else for the price I pay

That doesn't sound right. What reason did they give for denying you an outright sale?

11-17-15 08:05 AM
    Hi Everybody!!

OK!! I called Bell Mobility Technical Support today because, I would like to purchase the BlackBerry Priv, but I don't want to lose the plan I currently have. I currently have a BlackBerry Q10. In a nutshell I have a grandfathered plan with 6GB of data at a good price point.

What I was told is that I have a dual provisioned account with both RIM data, and XIP data. Basically what this means is, I can go ahead and purchase the Priv outright without fear of losing my plan as it stands. The Priv will work even though I'm coming from a BlackBerry plan to an Android plan. Furthermore, the Priv has a modified data service that still is serviced through BlackBerry servers, according to Bell Technical Support. So, although it is an Android phone, it is still technically a BlackBerry device. I have all this info entered into my Bell Mobility account, so I can buy a Priv whenever I like and keep my plan.

Don't listen to any Bullshiite customer service reps tell you on the phone or in the stores. Call Technical Support. They are trained in both Technical Support AND Customer Service. I was also told that even if I didn't have an XIP provision on my plan, it is a simple matter of calling technical support and having your SIM provisioned for it, even after you have purchased the Priv.

I cannot speak of Rogers and/or Telus, as to how their Technical Support Dept. works. I only spoke with Bell Mobility. But, if Bell can do it, I'm sure Rogers and Telus can as well.

Anyone else, in the U.S. and around the world here on crackberry.com please contact your own carrier Technical Support Dept. If you are in the same scenario.

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR GRANDFATHERED DATA PLANS!!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    Unless you are on an old blackberry most customers have migrated off BIS and is using a regular data package.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 10:26 AM
    Unless you are on an old blackberry most customers have migrated off BIS and is using a regular data package.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Not on Bell. Bell's provisioning makes you go through their BIS APN, which counts data differently, even for BB10. At least it was.
    11-17-15 12:36 PM
    Not on Bell. Bell's provisioning makes you go through their BIS APN, which counts data differently, even for BB10. At least it was.
    I'm also on the unlimited data plan, working perfectly on the Priv... LTE is trickling in as well (they're gradually allowing it I think)
    11-17-15 01:06 PM
    That doesn't sound right. What reason did they give for denying you an outright sale?

They claimed it was some sort of grace period. So I left Rogers and went to wireless wave but I got the same answer and that apparently they do it with iPhone and galaxies too.

11-17-15 04:40 PM